It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Students filed a discrimination complaint over transgender competition

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Yes, but we're living in lefty land. Logic is white supremacy and white oppressive now.

Science, statistics, and technology are all inherently racist!

That's according to one college professor. Of course, since we measure systemic racism according to "racist" statistics, I guess we can now throw Critical Race Theory right out the window. It's also founded in racism, based in it, and proven by it, right?

edit on 27-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The emperor has no clothes and the world has been insane for over 10 years. You have to grab a hammer every now and then and hit yourself in the head just to fit in.
Where have you been?

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Why not give these groups their own "league".

Special Olympics have their own group, handicapped athletes don't compete with able bodied Olympians for a reason.

Trans Olympics

Nonbinary Olympics

Furry Olympics

Non gender specific Olympics

Human Equestrian Olympics

Cosplay Olympics

Cross Dressing Olympics

Polyamourous Olympics

Androgynous Olympics

Bicurious Olympics

Gender Fluid Olympics

Intersex Olympics

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

I think it mostly comes down to folks who just want to win at something but aren't good at much of anything. It is the product of helicopter parents and participation trophies and the whole "everyone is a special snowflake and unique" mindset.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I think it mostly comes down to folks who just want to win at something but aren't good at much of anything. It is the product of helicopter parents and participation trophies and the whole "everyone is a special snowflake and unique" mindset.

Seriously though ... how sad do you have to be to do that to yourself just to win at something? And honestly, there are an entire world of things you can compete at. So maybe you aren't all that good at athletics, but you can compete in academics, theatre, dance, flower arranging, gardening ... you name it, people have figured out how to compete at it. There are even competitions for aquarium fish, aquarium scape design ... I could go on.

All someone has to do is explore the world around them and find their talent and hone it. OK, so you might have a talent in some obscure area that most everyone knows zippo about and will give zero cares, but when you are with the group that does care, it will matter. You simply have to find what you do, and do it. If you want to win that badly, then there will be something you can win at normally, you just have to discover what your talent is.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Seriously though ... how sad do you have to be to do that to yourself just to win at something? And honestly, there are an entire world of things you can compete at. So maybe you aren't all that good at athletics, but you can compete in academics, theatre, dance, flower arranging, gardening ... you name it, people have figured out how to compete at it. There are even competitions for aquarium fish, aquarium scape design ... I could go on.

All someone has to do is explore the world around them and find their talent and hone it. OK, so you might have a talent in some obscure area that most everyone knows zippo about and will give zero cares, but when you are with the group that does care, it will matter. You simply have to find what you do, and do it. If you want to win that badly, then there will be something you can win at normally, you just have to discover what your talent is.

Well....that is likely the other part of the problem. They also appear to never go anywhere outside if their domestic bubble and don't appear to have much creative thought either.

People just need hobbies and the ability to look at their own work as good enough for them. But because of how they are raised and taught that they are super special, they expect everyone else to think they are as well.

It is a sad cycle.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Here we go.

We talked about this a while ago and now we are going to have to deal with it.
These girls are spot on, we can't ignore it. Watch the whole interview, it's interesting.
Listen to the girl on the right she lost a race to a biological male...

news.yahoo.com...

Three Connecticut female student athletes who filed a discrimination complaint over transgender competition argue that the president's new executive order is not fair.

They don't need to complain...They just need to stop competing with males...They're not going to gain much attention when there are no girls in the swimming competition but only boys who are calling themselves girls...Or the girls soccer teams...Or anything that used to be for girls only...Just don't go...Someone will put a halt to the nonsense...

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's not the first time and it won't be the last. We've seen this before, the news just doesn't cover it because it doesn't continue to drive the wedge into the divide.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Exactly.

Competition comes in many forms and fashions.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have a much stricter line than you I think. Much as I think your 'asterisk' is a good one I dont think it works.

I reminded of cases like Zola Budd and Mary Decker in a race colliding way back, or having one weak stroke in a rowing crew.

The competition is so tight that even two females collide and trip, how much more potential for accident if materially different physiques are mixed? Equally, a weak rower in a strong crew will inevitably cause either a mis-stroke, or an injury as strong rowers hold back to keep time.

There are strength and flexibilty elements in all sports. Two fundametally different physiques have two diffferent potentials, and should be judged differently.

It's not laziness that says 'Womens' and 'Mens' sports, its been figured out over over ages to maximise the potential for both.

For that reason, I think you either:

a. open it right up and class competitors by some measure like bone density, or muscle to weight and have no sex/gender element at all, or
b. introduce a third class called 'Trans' that competes with itself, and stands alongside the others - which is the one that gets my vote.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Im a live, let live kinda guy..but I strongly draw the line at this kind of bullsh$t..it does not endear me to their cause whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Were there any liberals on ATS to defend his bill? This "science"?

Same ol same ol, just like the pipeline workers... learn to code.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
There is a picture floating around of our new assistant health secretary dressed up like Little Bo Peep. Can't verify authenticity but certainly question this person leading health policy.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Give it 5 months. The lefties will realize they got screwed voting for Biden when the media starts calling the same people who voted for him terrorists and racists.

Then we go beat the # out of the media heads.

Then the military joins our side.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

That's why I said no contact.

I was thinking of those races where you stay in your lane. I was a sprinter and every race I ran with the exception of one relay was in my lane. To go outside the lane was grounds for disqualification. I also did a field event where competitors were strictly kept separate during their individual competitive times.

Again, all performances by trans competitors would be with the field, but their times, heights, weights, etc., would be stricken from the regular field and compared strictly with other trans.

As you say, the possible events where this approach would work is very limited. It's as limited as the actual sporting events where men and women do actually compete head to head directly as equals and everyone agrees it's fair.

Most sports and some events in track like running events where you do not stay in your own lane, it would simply not be workable.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I encourage these women voice their concerns.

The duality of Man and Woman is as Godly as Love itself.

There is an invisible war on the Male/Female attributes within our society.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

Invisible?

I would say it's not so invisible.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Here we go.

We talked about this a while ago and now we are going to have to deal with it.
These girls are spot on, we can't ignore it. Watch the whole interview, it's interesting.
Listen to the girl on the right she lost a race to a biological male...

I'm assuming any woman complaining is a Trump supporter and Q follower, how can any sane person not want these little darings to compete since by law they are 100% woman baby!

Like many have said before, when hundreds of thousands of young women have busted their asses all through high school to get a scholarship for a women's sport, only to find that a guy decides to become a transvestite because he cant cut it in the Mens division and steals her scholarship, HOW DOES ANYONE SEE THAT AS OK?
Its stupid, unfair and should be illegal as hell for anyone born a man to compete in a women's sport.

Any men doing this should be throat punched and removed from our country let alone just making it illegal.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RudeMarine
HOW DOES ANYONE SEE THAT AS OK?
Its stupid, unfair and should be illegal as hell for anyone born a man to compete in a women's sport.

Any men doing this should be throat punched and removed from our country let alone just making it illegal.

It's 2021 so yes it is OK, I do agree any man doing it should be throat punched, but then they are not men now are they....

They are a woman with all rights and privileges a woman might have, or are you going to suggest they are not a woman? I think Biden has a EO just waiting for that.

Is it really the trans fault that other woman can not reach their levels?

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Be careful, in some countries misgendering someone is a crime. Coming soon to the US via Joey Biden EO. It's science.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join