It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Students filed a discrimination complaint over transgender competition

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: RudeMarine
HOW DOES ANYONE SEE THAT AS OK?

Is it really the trans fault that other woman can not reach their levels?

No one said life was fair, 99.9% of us have no chance of being like Michael Jordan either.

This issue could help swing the pendulum back to the right though, blessing in disguise, some left leaners could start leaning right.. Just need a few percentage points.

There are already sports where women arent at a physical disadvantage like pool and chess. Normally they still have their own separate league b/c they would get crushed but they are more marketable.

Poker is an interesting exception.
edit on 27-1-2021 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
fair is fair....

What happens when the Coach slaps her ass for a great kick?

What?

Fair is fair.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Lmao that's actually a legit question haha only place you see a bunch of straight (or not?) dudes spanking each other for a job well done.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Female Students filed a discrimination complaint over transgender competition

I hope they win.

You can not deny biology and physical differences.

edit on 28-1-2021 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Someday they will not be a single female holding a world record in any sport.

All in the name of equality.
Imagine that.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Maybe a female might win Ru Pauls Drag Race one day....

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa
a reply to: DupontDeux

Maybe a female might win Ru Pauls Drag Race one day....

*Ahem* I believe the new correct term is something like "uterus owner".

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Totally offensive for cis women. You think if Kyle Rittenhouse put on a wig he'd beat Venus Williams at tennis? That's the current argument. Disgusting and ignorant.

Then there is the right wing conspiracy that being Trans is a choice. Totally offensive and hateful.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Totally offensive for cis women. You think if Kyle Rittenhouse put on a wig he'd beat Venus Williams at tennis? That's the current argument. Disgusting and ignorant.

Then there is the right wing conspiracy that being Trans is a choice. Totally offensive and hateful.

LOL! No, but if any other pro male tennis player put on a wig they could.

And it is a choice....based on a feeling with mental health issues and no science.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

As a woman, who are you to get "offended" on my behalf. You do not have that right because I'll bet you're not a woman in any sense of the word.

Take your faux outrage somewhere else and let those of us who are women and are athletes tell you how we really feel about this topic.

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

This is not about if Trans is a choice or not a choice, it literally has nothing to do with that. Please do not confuse two different issues.

This is if a person born biologically male and changes can she fairly compete with Females at that point?

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I still want to be part of a sorority girl pillow fight. it's been a dream of mine since I saw Animal House.
And now, it's closer to becoming a reality than ever.

I just have to believe in my heart that I am a 19 year old girl. Am I doing this right?

I am pretty sure I would have suggested for my 1st competition instead of a sorority pillow fight a better idea. My 19 year old self would have been real keen on a wet T-shirt contest. I am sure I would have been a fair judge since I don't have the body for that.

This nonsense needs to end.

edit on 28-1-2021 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Game over missed that Ms Williams pointed out that there is no way in hell she can beat men professionally. There is that.

originally posted by: ketsuko

As a woman, who are you to get "offended" on my behalf. You do not have that right because I'll bet you're not a woman in any sense of the word.

Take your faux outrage somewhere else and let those of us who are women and are athletes tell you how we really feel about this topic.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Simple, change the sports to be chromosome dependant. XX and XY events.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Most of the women I know in MMA and boxing have no issue with this at all.
In fact, they welcome it.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BoxerBrawler

Then they must have already taken a few too many hits to the head.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoxerBrawler
Most of the women I know in MMA and boxing have no issue with this at all.
In fact, they welcome it.

Because most women don't have an issue with trans people. The straight cis male and female crowd has to support the LGBTQ community for it to be as large as it is, common sense. Same for the black lives matter movement has non black supporters.

It's only the Republicans who banned trans men and trans women from the military because they stereotype them as drag queen freaks with mental problems who want to rape cis male soldiers and scam the military health benefits for reassignment surgery while risking getting their leg blown off in battle. So many action movies have casted a trans looking woman, so they can act in a movie since the 80's, but under Trump can't fight for our country, but in movies it's ok. We'll actually Republicans hate it when movies aren't an all white male cast, so there's that.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

This is so disingenuous.
I don't have a problem with trans people, I have a problem with people like you and Biden who want to do away with over a hundred years of gains for women in sports.

Your mansplainin is showing

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Oh well, if I don't want to compete against a male body, that means I'm a transphobe. That's just denial in action.

If you don't have direct experience of a thing, shut your yap. I've spent my athletic career training alongside men. I know better even than some female athletes that no matter how hard I work, those on the level with me in terms of training will still be more physically powerful. It's just the way nature made us.

You can even go back to the early pages of the thread and see for yourself that the science is out that admits it too.

I'm not against trans competing, but there has to be a way to make it fair. Simply saying, "Well, you think you're a woman, so we're politely acting as if you are," actually changes those biological realities, not enough to make the playing field fair.

It just doesn't.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Because most women don't have an issue with trans people. The straight cis male and female crowd has to support the LGBTQ community for it to be as large as it is, common sense. Same for the black lives matter movement has non black supporters.

It's only the Republicans who banned trans men and trans women from the military because they stereotype them as drag queen freaks with mental problems who want to rape cis male soldiers and scam the military health benefits for reassignment surgery while risking getting their leg blown off in battle. So many action movies have casted a trans looking woman, so they can act in a movie since the 80's, but under Trump can't fight for our country, but in movies it's ok. We'll actually Republicans hate it when movies aren't an all white male cast, so there's that.

Let's stay on topic; this thread is about "trans" boys gaining an unfair competitive advantage by participating in girl's high school sports.You're smarter than this. You undoubtedly understand that having higher testosterone levels (i.e. a trans boy among biological girls) will make any post-pubescent male have more strength, speed and endurance than a female. This is not a social issue; this is pure science.

If these transgender students want to identify as females, really, that's likely not going to ruffle feathers in the classroom. The moment they start participating in female athletic programs, though, it rightly becomes a major issue.

If one of my daughters was participating in a scholastic sport program and competing against biological males, I would take them off the team. They are not gaining any valuable life lessons in that setting, where participants are bending rules and gaining unfair advantages.

Maybe the issue is that folks don't understand the physiology and the sport science of why this is such a farce. As someone who participated in varsity and collegiate football from the age of 14 to 19, I can assure you that there are huge physical differences between adolescents of the same sex 1-2 years apart in age, let along male and female adolescents 1-2 years apart.

Ultimately we will likely see some type of testing regimen put in place to ensure that no high school athletes are gaining unfair biological advantages by crossing gender barriers to participate in sports programs. Technology is making this easier and cheaper to implement over time.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join