It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson announcing U Turn on Xmas restrictions shortly

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Johnson is a perfect foil.

Blathering fool, he doesn’t know what’s hit him.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
It could take years. We would collectively lose our minds before then

Speak for yourself. Mine's already in a box marked "Get Me The F Out Of Here!"
edit on 19/12/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Thank you for articulating the frustration so many of us Brits are feeling.

Johnson's handling of this has been an absolute sh*t show from the start, almost as bad as Trump's.

A few democratic governments identified the threat immediately and acted accordingly. True, several had already faced SARS-CoV-1 and were desperate to avoid the economic devastation of lockdowns and loss of lives, so they had the knowledge and the political will.

But as soon as news broke of the emerging virus in China, all governments had the knowledge. Epidemiologists had warned about it for years. The British government received a 600 page National Security Risk Assessment detailing the necessary preparations and counter measures in 2019.

But most governments lacked the political will to be decisive, proactive and unpopular for the good of their countries. In other words, they failed the basic test of true leadership. Johnson was clueless and disinterested, not bothering to show up to the first five Cobra meetings. Thereafter he had the grace to nearly die of Covid after failing to take basic precautions, before continuing to dither the country into our present Chistmas chaos.

What saddens me is how little we've come to expect or demand of our governments.

Jacinda Ardern, Prime Minister of New Zealand (26 deaths from covid), Katrín Jakobsdóttir, Prime Minister of Iceland (10 deaths from covid, no lockdowns), Tsai Ing-wen, Prime Minister of Tiawan (7 deaths from covid, no lockdowns). See also Vietnam (35 deaths, no national lockdown, measures in place after second death in China), Senegal (361 deaths) and, as Freeborn mentioned, Australia (908 deaths).
edit on 19-12-2020 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: ScepticScot

How so? All the common symptoms seem to be the symptoms of the common cold, the people severely affected by it are the same people severely affected by the common cold, the complications it causes in the vulnerable are the same as the common cold, the deaths are concentrated around the same demographic as deaths from the common cold, it spreads pretty much the same as the common cold, in what way is it not other than the name?

What actually differentiates covid-19 from the common cold? Every symptom and complication described from covid is something that can be caused by the common cold. What makes covid different other than the name?

1. It's a different virus.
2. It kills a lot more people.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Although to be fair the common cold is generally a corona virus, two of the major ones going back to the 50/60's.

Remember up until now there could/would be no cure for the common cold.

cdc link

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb

Although to be fair the common cold is generally a corona virus, two of the major ones going back to the 50/60's.

Remember up until now there could/would be no cure for the common cold.

cdc link

Yes it's the same family of viruses.

That's different from being the same virus.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: KingDoey

Next time you watch Boris on TV with another "Clown Puppet Theatre" production, pay close attention.

They look scared.
They are not in charge.
They are awaiting instructions.

They have been given a programme to follow.
There will be no deviation, no discussion, no alternative.

They can't make plans because those who are really running this show make decisions outside of the government /media / public expected timescale.

They're acting out a play and todays script is handed to them two minutes before curtain up.

edit on 20122020 by Tulpa because: Spilling

(post by surfer_soul removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Do They Know It's Covid Time? - Boris Johnson and the Superspreaders song

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: EvilAxis

I'd call Boris a tool but tools are useful.
Then again I'm governed by Drakeford so I'm doubly fooked. He is like Boris' effing lapdog.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: djz3ro
It could take years. We would collectively lose our minds before then

Speak for yourself. Mine's already in a box marked "Get Me The F Out Of Here!"

I adapt very well to change, I don't feel the anxiety that some do about the restrictions. My life hasn't changed a great deal.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I know carpy can look after himself and doesn't need me to interfere but I can't help myself some times.

Carpy is one of the good guys and most definitely is not a government shill and to even suggest it is ridiculous.

Just because he doesn't buy into every conspiracy theory mooted here on ATS or believe that the government is behind every nefarious act that happens doesn't make him an idiot or a shill.....he just has a different opinion to you, and me at times.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
How they did it in Belarus...well they seem to have more common sense there than in England ...shame on Boris!

How Belarus Exposes the Lockdown Lie

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
Lots of people dead here.

Lots of people die everywhere, every day. Get over it.

Will leave you alone.

thank you.

Please stop shouting in capitals.

As soon as you stop spouting insane nonsense.

Please also educate yourself.

I'm obviously way ahead of you...

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
Lots of people dead here.

Lots of people die everywhere, every day. Get over it.

Will leave you alone.

thank you.

Please stop shouting in capitals.

As soon as you stop spouting insane nonsense.

Please also educate yourself.

I'm obviously way ahead of you...

To respond to your cogent, educated and well argued points....

Ah. There aren't any.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
All London and SE is in lockdown till eberyone is vaccinated by the looks of it.

Always knew London was an open prison but now its a closed one. Police are setting up checkpoints in and out.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Again, where do you see or have heard everyone in London and SE will have to be vaccinated ? I take it that is just your opinion yes?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
What they do is form of torture .

Ian Lyne Twitter

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

It's voluntary.

Must admit was shocked to see all those folk last night at London stations getting away up North before the midnight deadline.

Thanks, you guys.

Selfish tw@ts.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join