It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yelp has gone woke for BLM

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Yeah, I give it 5 seconds before 4Chan launches some kind of mass prank that renders this meaningless.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
    "AboveTopSecret.Com ★★★☆☆

I've been a frequent patron of this site for some time and I'm updating my review. It used to be chock full on conspiracies like the JFK assassination, moon landing hoax and bigfoot but now it's dominated by people shouting at each other that they're racist and something called 'QAnon' which is some sort of a knock on pizza. The politics remind me of Facebook (if I were to actually use Facebook) with everyone insisting we're either turning into Nazi Germany or Communist China.

The PM icon has been broken for some time, I found that I had a message from a member that died 5 years ago that was still unread. The search engine, which was always difficult is now impossible to use.

I over heard a few of the employees talking about the owners possibly selling to some of the customers but I don't think I want a guy with a retarded cat avatar telling me what to do.

All in all it's still better than the other similar sites out there and places like Reddit and 4Chan are a total mess so I guess I'll continue to come here until the IRS or CIA turn out the lights."

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Black Lives Matter. The use of the word Karen is not offensive. Trump is a con-artist, a liar, and a criminal.

This place was way better before all you crazy right wingers popped in during the Obama years.

You all are deranged. Good on Yelp for standing up againts Racism. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Djayed

You all are deranged. Good on Yelp for standing up againts Racism. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I see it everywhere! Why just last week I was served a Cubano by a pale teenage sandwich maker.

I didn't have the heart to tell her she's appropriating another culture's sandwich.

edit on 10-10-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
white people started all these problems , sorry things are now changing and people are being held accountable. you most likely complained about peaceful protest as well, you know the ones since the 50's . lol. so many hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Went and looked up Yelp for my old business and the new owners are doing great. 20 some reviews and only one bad and his reply was go see all of her reviews. Wanted something for nothing in most of them like asking for a refund seems popular for her.

posted on Oct, 10 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Deleted. This might have got me in trouble.
edit on 10-10-2020 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Yelp has always existed as a means to scab small businesses anyways. The admins will actively delete positive reviews and boost negative ones until you pay for various services they offer to scrub your “reviews”. It’s been a sham business that doesn’t allow its own business to be reviewed on its service... as a business owner you don’t sign up to be on yelp, you sign up and pay for them to leave you alone. Al Capone could learn a thing.

edit on 11-10-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
You know life started before the 50s, and wow do you have a narrow world view. I hope you are not a parent.

a reply to: magnetik

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Wait, did that chick call a brother a Coon??????

Dayum, no way that was a white chick then....thus not a Karen...that was a Shaniqua.

There is such a thing as a black Karen. Men can be Karen's too. It's not a white woman thing. It's a bitchy thing.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Only bad publicity is to have none.

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
white people started all these problems , sorry things are now changing and people are being held accountable. you most likely complained about peaceful protest as well, you know the ones since the 50's . lol. so many hypocrites.

Lol

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I did marketimg services for a Florida shed company a few years ago and personally witnessed a guy who didn't like the owner destroy his reputation on Yelp with false claims by different fake accounts. There was nothing he could do about it but try to get his clients to put positive reviews to try to offset the bull#. I've never even let this pathetic site enter my mind ever since knowing how you can't trust people's claims on there.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
But are we allowed to report the soul food places that are rude to white customers.

Today racism and reporting racism is 99% white responsible

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
But are we allowed to report the soul food places that are rude to white customers.

Sure. Why not? Businesses that are rude to clients in the hospitality industry don't last long unless it's part of your schtick like Peter Luger.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Sure. Why not? Businesses that are rude to clients in the hospitality industry don't last long unless it's part of your schtick like Peter Luger.

I asked yelp and they said it will be discouraged.

White people reporting negative about black owned businesses is racist.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

I view Karen the same way I used to view Dumb Blonde, being blonde.

Chill.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I asked yelp and they said it will be discouraged.

Frankly I don't believe you because I've done it myself.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: The2Billies

I view Karen the same way I used to view Dumb Blonde, being blonde.

Chill.

Luv ya Ketsuko

But this happens to be my own personal little crusade
because someone I really care about has been
hurt by this meme.

posted on Oct, 12 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik

You forgot the /s.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join