It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yelp has gone woke for BLM

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Yelp sucks. I've seen the best restaurants get terrible reviews which were 100% untrue. I've seen others get raves when the food was inedible. Yelp is complete and total bullsh!t.

On a road trip a while back, we were looking for a good liquor store somewhere near a medium sized town. Somebody wanted some good gin. Yelp raved about a place being the most incredible liquor store imagineable, with "the most friendliest, most helpful owner ever!"

It was a 20-minute drive. The owner was a rude fat man. The selection was a joke. Half a dozen brands of cheap beer, a couple types of whiskey and vodka. No gin. I was not surprised. That's Yelp.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

THIS is exactly why I canned my Yelp listing.

I spent about 50 hours disputing fake lying reviews. Only to be lied to over and over.

I rebranded my company during the pandemic. Did not start a Yelp listing. And I previously had 4 stars....

The typical Yelp reviewer wants something for nothing.

Yelp is and has always been, a small business killer. Leaving ALL the power in the consumers hand.

If you want real reviews — use TripAdvisor.

The problem with online reviews is that complainers are more likely to post a negative review. When people are satisfied, they rarely take the time to post a review. So you can have 1000 happy customers and 10 complainers. Those 10 complainers will post, rant, and scream to anyone who will listen how bad your business sucks. Meanwhile you'd be lucky to get 10 of those 1000 customers to post anything about their great experience.

The other issue is often times people are unhappy but can't recognize that it isn't the business fault or maybe their expectations aren't realistic.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I give them a two only because I can’t give 1 and a half. And the half is because they do kinda sound like a pup that got beat down by the big dogs for getting off the porch. But I guess Whelped Bitch would not be as snazzy of a name. But there must be some very deep pockets involved to stave off all the libel suits and trademark violations of using company names for profit without permission. Not to get all conspiracy theory here but kinda sounds like government officials picking winners and loses which is highly illegal, but what can a working guy do? I mean you can’t fight city hall and kidnapping governors are right out now it would seem.

edit on 9-10-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The problem with this new feature is that anyone can flag a business for racism without proof. For example, if you just hate white ppl, you flag any business as racist because you don't like it. This puts the business in the position of having to prove it's NOT racist.

Lawsuits in 3,2,..1....

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I've never used the Yelp.

I usually make people yelp.

You're one of the funniest people on The ATS. I'm going to "friend" you on The Amazon!

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So what actions would be seen as racist in a business and they still stay in business even without this new feature? I could see this go very bad... A lot of Black, Asian, Latino restaurants could be tagged too.

This is sounding more and more like we are heading towards the Chinese social credit system they have now on their people to score each other. Not a good Commie, you are going to get low scores. Here is a few things below that can happen in China if you get a low social credit score....I wonder how long before we get the same. Someone pisses you off so you post their name to a message group for a whole new level of DOXing as 1000s in a group all rate you low just because your name is posted. Fun times ahead...

1. Banning you from flying or getting the train.
2. Throttling your internet speeds.
3. Banning you — or your kids — from the best schools.
4. Stopping you getting the best jobs.
5. Keeping you out of the best hotels.
6. Getting your dog taken away.
7. Being publicly named as a bad citizen.

edit on 9-10-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LanceCorvette

People don't like confrontation.

So this is an excuse for passive aggressive behavior?

More often than not, the manager will take care of you, if you just say something.

For example, if I go to a restaurant and the food is terrible, I will politely tell the server. 99% of the time they rectify the issue. More often than not, they will call the manager to your table.

I guess what I’m saying is — grow a pair.

Regarding the woman yelling at you over the mask. This same thing has happened to me multiple times. I just turn around and walk out. They don’t get my biz. Personal boycott is the only power you got.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The problem with online reviews is that complainers are more likely to post a negative review. When people are satisfied, they rarely take the time to post a review. So you can have 1000 happy customers and 10 complainers. Those 10 complainers will post, rant, and scream to anyone who will listen how bad your business sucks. Meanwhile you'd be lucky to get 10 of those 1000 customers to post anything about their great experience.

BOOM! Exactly, when people are done with my tour, they are drunk — on to the next. Unless they are angry drunks (many of those), then it’s Yelp time.

People just don’t usually write good reviews if they had a pleasant experience. I’ve had people claim “I’m a Yelp Platinum member (Writes tons of reviews). I’m writing you a 5 star review. Then NOTHING

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

It was a young man yelling at me.

If he had politely told me it was store policy to not honor medical exemptions and to please leave, I would have been out the door in 15 seconds.

But by yelling at me, unhinged, and calling me a liar about my medical exemption, I don't let anyone treat me like that.

So yeah, I stayed another two minutes to antagonize him and I put up a sh$tty yelp.

Again, I don't let people treat me like that. Especially at a store I'd been patronizing almost monthly for years. Someone wants to give me a hard time, well, that's going to be a losing battle for them.
edit on 9-10-2020 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Best bbq I ever tasted was in the Florida Panhandle, connoverted gas station it was incredible.

Next time I rolled through health department shut it down, dont care it was still incredible.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Woke is a spiritual transcendence. Engaging with BLM is being poisoned.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Was it in Shalimar by chance?
I was in Ft. Walton Beach for eight years....take a boat into the backwoods to some damned fine mom n pop shops.

a reply to: Irishhaf

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Exactly...and there's a huge issue with restaurants sniping competition by larping as a disgruntled customer, as well as owners larping as happy customers. Which is almost required to stay in biz, due to the rare positive reviews you mentioned.
I'll tell you the worst offender. Google maps. A standard of travel for a huge chunk of the population.
Reviews pop up with the location.
Yelps kinda obsolete now with the maps reviews.
Surely theres a slander or anti-trust type protection law business could use to destroy this trend.
Freakin' financially weaponized internet.
Literal google gatekeeping small businesses.
If the gov/google tards don't like the biz, they can run away your customers.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Institutions literally starting to dictate or try and dictate how and where you spend your money

And people still have a hard time parsing the data that what the left are pushing is Marxist?

All these technology companies and companies of convenience have turned into gears in the machine that will , if they have their way, eventually be used to control by force. They have all the data, they have every single shred of your information, and they have the means to literally STOP you from doing any commerce, social engagements, or private business practices and relegate you to the shadows

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Exactly...and there's a huge issue with restaurants sniping competition by larping as a disgruntled customer, as well as owners larping as happy customers. Which is almost required to stay in biz, due to the rare positive reviews you mentioned.
I'll tell you the worst offender. Google maps. A standard of travel for a huge chunk of the population.
Reviews pop up with the location.
Yelps kinda obsolete now with the maps reviews.
Surely theres a slander or anti-trust type protection law business could use to destroy this trend.
Freakin' financially weaponized internet.
Literal google gatekeeping small businesses.
If the gov/google tards don't like the biz, they can run away your customers.

Don't have time to search, but if IIRC, Yelp was sued over essentially black mailing businesses.... basically forcing them to pay to join Yelp or something to get negative reviews removed.

The problem is that the reviews aren't a two way street. Consumer can basically drag your good name publicly, but it is difficult for the business to defend themselves or provide any context.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Yelp changed their site to allow verified owners to reply to any review. I don't know the parameters, I just know that they allow it.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightVision

The problem with this new feature is that anyone can flag a business for racism without proof. For example, if you just hate white ppl, you flag any business as racist because you don't like it. This puts the business in the position of having to prove it's NOT racist.

Lawsuits in 3,2,..1....

So basically, Yelp is simply catching up to the way things are run in the rest of society.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Wow, Yelp used to represent unbiased reviews of places to go and to eat. I really liked it.
Seems that they have done a 180 and also joined the asshole club.

Why is it that successful establishments eventually fall into the same crap that causes professional suicide, like what happens to narcissists that open their stupid mouths to twitter, Facebook and Instagram....

Absolutely dead to me now, and I erased all my links.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I hope they are sued into extinction for libel. Rediculous

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Yelp is a disgusting company that thrives on
"social justice" reviews that are generated by
questionable sources. They in turn will "help"
your business with your bad online reputation
if you subscribe to their form of blackmail.

Yelp is truly a cancer on the face of the internet.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join