It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yelp has gone woke for BLM

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
If you truly have an issue, speak to the manager in person, during your experience.

So you're saying that Karen should ask to speak to the manager?

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Wine Tours.

Good for you. I should hit you up if you're out west. PM me if you want, I'm usually, when the 'Vid isn't killing the economy, out in California 8-10 times a year.

I definitely will — if you promise not to start a Yelp listing for my company. LOL

I’m in Sedona AZ. Excellent vineyards and wine 15 minutes from Sedona.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I definitely will — if you promise not to start a Yelp listing for my company. LOL

I’m in Sedona AZ. Excellent vineyards and wine 15 minutes from Sedona.

Too late, I did and slagged the hell out of it.

"Racist meanie appropriated my culture and failed to give me free stuff. 1 star!"

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Did not start a Yelp listing.

Anyone can enter your business on Yelp, I've done it plenty of times when I found a place that wasn't listed.

Are you the one who listed Peter's Soul Food?

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

If the review was, 'Just like my Italian nonna used to make!", then yes.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

If the review was, 'Just like my Italian nonna used to make!", then yes.

Just as I suspected...

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Yelp is useless. Ya know why? You can't put food in it, and I don't give a # what other mouth breathing eaters think of an establishment anyway. I, emphatically,do NOT seek reviews for food for a reason -- my taste buds, and my exceptions to what's acceptable for a place, give places a wider berth than hipsters. Ergo, I'm not that uptight when it comes to food.

Use your own taste buds and observational skills to size up a place. Eat there, judge, be done with it. Don't let a whiny skinny jeans hipster soy-snorter judge for you.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Don't let a whiny skinny jeans hipster soy-snorter judge for you.

I only wear boot cut or straight cut when I write Yelp reviews.

"The above post was condescending and rude. It stereotyped an entire subset of weenies and I was offended. 1 Star!!!!!"

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Don't let a whiny skinny jeans hipster soy-snorter judge for you.

I only wear boot cut or straight cut when I write Yelp reviews.

"The above post was condescending and rude. It stereotyped an entire subset of weenies and I was offended. 1 Star!!!!!"

Boot cut? Sure, Karen

Seriously though, if I trust a recommendation from someone, it's word of mouth from people I DO know (or trust on a forum, not that you'd direct me toward the place serving long pig) and that's it. My god man, how the hell did the world survive before "review websites" anyway? Easy -- people went, ate, and decided if it was worth a second try next time. Easy-peasy, these kids today have no clue how to so much as get lunch for themselves without a chaperone hand-holding them (albeit digital review chaperone) anymore.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I've never used the Yelp.

I usually make people yelp.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

My god man, how the hell did the world survive before "review websites" anyway?

We didn't. We'd frequently walk into an establishment, not knowing it was Black-owned, only to have the patrons request to dance with our dates. Awkward.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I usually make people yelp.

Yeah, by sitting on them.

"DB's Pancake House:

I was intrigued by the concept but was disgusted when the ass imprints were still on my food when the sever brought it out. 1 star!!!!!!!!!!"

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I write reviews on Yelp because either the business was great, or the business treated me so poorly that I was motivated to write a really bad review.

I don't want free stuff from a business that treated me poorly.

Like the business I walked into the other day where the clerk (no owner around, big surprise) started yelling at me to put on a mask almost from the second I walked in the door until I left. Literally unhinged yelling. Called me a liar when I said I had a medical condition.

That business deserves to have a bad review because (1) I don't see a point in contacting the owner if it was the owner that put this nutjob in their store; and (2) anyone who tries giving me a bad day is going to get it back, guaranteed.
edit on 9-10-2020 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Just don't order the chocolate chip pancakes from there.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Wow, I am surprised people are still using yelp. For some reason I thought everyone stopped using it years ago, when it was being blasted for extortion-like behavior.

It's still a good aggregator of similar businesses.

"I feel like pizza, where's some close places?" especially if you're from out of town.

Just scan the reviews, average out the good and bad ones, and take a chance.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Yelp severely hurting this Corona year. Send them $10,000 and they'll support your cause too.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Never use it, (now its another reason not to) usually talk to people in an area and ask if a restaurant is any good.

Considering how toxic people have been since the early days of AOL, why should I believe annonymous internet user.

plus as others mentioned my taste buds are mine, I like from high end food to truck stop food.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

People don't like confrontation. And everything these days seems to be an argument.

I'm the same way. If the food blows, I might say something. More likely I just will smile and say it was great and never go back.

And frankly lately it seems rare to find an owner on site of any business, and yes I ask whether the transaction is going well or not, I'm a business consultant so I always want to meet owners and drop off a card. Had some soup the other day that tasted like dirty dishwater and they cleaned a pig's intestine into it. Really, just inedible. No owner on site, Saturday during lunch. Manager apologized and bought us dessert which was okay, I wasn't looking to eat more of their cruddy food, but really just not handled well because managers don't *care* like an owner will.

I didn't yelp them - they took care of the problem.

Bad online reviews go to my anonymous yelp account, but are reserved for outright rude service or a product so poor that the public needs to be warned.
edit on 9-10-2020 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Was that the one owned by Fawn Lebowitz?

She was seriously trying to appropriate the soul food scene at the Delta Chi Tau sorority before her untimely death.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Anyone with any sense know to go where all the truckers go. And on the Gulf coast, just look for the most rundown POS looking place you can find, and Bingo! Probably epic.

a reply to: Irishhaf

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join