It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do black lives really matter?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I wish I could give you a flag! WELL SAID!

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Somekindofwizard

Come on man don't play that game. White people know what's up.

Amy Cooper Knew Exactly What She Was Doing

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent

As to your question of what am I doing to stop crime. I work with recently released offenders, people who just got out of prison or are in a diversion program to keep them out. People of all races, that's what I do on a daily basis.

So then how could you seriously ask if black lives matter? You know a good bunch of those people have been locked up to keep the privatized prisons going, on trumped-up charges and a few are probably innocent. Of all people you should know better!

I think your anger has kept you from seeing the point of what I'm asking. Too many black men lose their lives to senseless violence every single day. Really too many men and women period. Instead of putting resources out there to combat this problem tptb seem to ignore it entirely. The media only seems to get involved when it is sure to stir up emotions and anger. I've had a number of clients not show up for our next meeting or any after that because they've been shot or killed. I hate it every time. BLM has opportunities to speak out and get people's attention, they should use that voice to do whatever they can to end this culture of violence that has been allowed to grow in many of our communities. We're on the same side. Don't assume I'm your enemy.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

Come on man don't play that game. White people know what's up.

Amy Cooper Knew Exactly What She Was Doing

Exactly what game am I playing?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Somekindofwizard
I think your anger has kept you from seeing the point of what I'm asking. Too many black men lose their lives to senseless violence every single day. Really too many men and women period.

My anger is even deeper than this. My anger knows no bounds. I have no outlet, no place to call home. Sure I have a house in the US, but I'm not wanted here. I'm all too aware of the senseless crime. From all sides. It's a lose-lose situation without any answer or recourse. It's a helpless situation.

BLM has opportunities to speak out and get people's attention, they should use that voice to do whatever they can to end this culture of violence that has been allowed to grow in many of our communities. We're on the same side. Don't assume I'm your enemy.

BLM seems infiltrated and has become agitators instead of being about the issues anymore. They and some in Antifa just came to cause chaos and calamity.

I never assumed you my enemy, if I did, I wouldn't even try to dialogue with you. But my life matters, I don't care how bleak it seems, or how dire the media or circumstances make it seem. That's my only point. I am trying to live my life, I can't account for all of the actions of my race or humans in general. It's not fair for people to expect me to. It destroys me that my community can't unite and become one and stop the foolishness.

So you're right. I am angry. I'm angry as hell! I have no recourse. The only thing I can do. Is push my anger aside and carry on...
edit on 29-5-2020 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I’m a black man and yes my life matters. This thread is laughable but not worth taking the time to explain why you’re wrong. You’ll never understand anyway.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: schuyler

Enough said. That proves it.

Now the remaining questions is what's their motive for blowing up these news stories? TV ratings? Purposeful division among people? "All republicans are racist"? All of the above?

You do [should] know that the Black Lives Matter movement is focused only on ending what's been exposed in recent years as a police culture - in some cities and communities - that does not see any value in the lives of the black people that they were hired to serve and protect. The recent footage of police allowing screaming, threatening white protesters armed with long guns to push [unmolested] into the Michigan State House, when placed side-by-side with the heavily-armed, riot-tactical response of the police whenever confronting a peaceful, unarmed BLM protest march, makes it clear that there's a serious problem for black men, women, boys, and girls in this society when it comes to how the police - again, in some cities and communities - do their jobs.

The police have guns and they have a legal license to kill [along with a cultural - read-jury - advantage in court when they do kill]. These are not normal US citizens, in that their job literally includes the requirement [and legal permission] to kill US citizens if the situation warrants them to do so. These people are the whites [and blacks] that the Black Lives Matters movement are protesting about. These are the only killings that the Black Lives Matter movement are protesting about.

Citing stats on Black-on-Black murder versus White-on-Back murder as if those stats have anything at all to do with this issue just reveals that you're either ignorant of the issue or that you're purposely trying to confuse people by conflating two unrelated issues.
edit on 5/30/2020 by NorEaster because: spelling errors

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: scauma

I’m a black man and yes my life matters. This thread is laughable but not worth taking the time to explain why you’re wrong. You’ll never understand anyway.

You clearly didn't read what I said. Because if you had you'd know that's not what I said. Damn dude, reading isn't that hard.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It's apparently OK if 94% of the +7,000 Black people murdered every year are killed by Black people.

Source: www.nationalreview.com...

Riots? Nope. / Angry Leaders? Nope. / Media Concern? Nope!

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Somekindofwizard DO WHITE LIVES MATTER ? SO YOUR SAYING ALL BLCK PEOPLE ARE THE SAME ? SO I GUESS ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE RACIST PIECES OF SH.T.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
P
edit on 30-5-2020 by Scapegrace because: Misunderstood the post I responded to.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
SO ITS BEEN SEEN EVERYWHERE THAT IT IS WHITE PEOPLE INSTIGATING VANDALISM AND LOOTING, EVEN WHITE UNDERCOVER COPS POSING AS PROTESTORS AS USUAL. THIS POST SHOWS SHOWS IGNORANCE . I THOUGHT YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO DENY IGNORANCE. I TRUY BELIEVE THE STORM FRONT CROWD LIVES ON THIS WEBSITE. YOUR MAD AT LOOTERS BUT PAY TO GO TO MUSEUMS TO SEE LOOTED ARTIFACTS. LOL. HYPOCRITES. BTW MOST WHITE PEOPLE ARE KILLED BY WHITE PEOPLE. ITS CALLED PROXIMITY. LOL. YOUR MAD AT BLACK PEOPLE BUT NOT MURDERING COPS. LOL.
edit on 05am15America/Chicago3114k by magnetik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It's apparently OK if 94% of the +7,000 Black people murdered every year are killed by Black people.

It's not ok!

But it is not the same as govt actors killing you.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Only when a white cop is involved.

When it comes to the number one killer of AA's Abortion, and AA violence on AA violence it doesn't.

And people don't loot,burn,or otherwise make asse's out of themselves.

So you're saying that my entire existence, as a black man, is dependent on a white cop's involvement. Duly noted...

I'm not looting, making an "ass" of myself, over this either.

So in your infinite wisdom on the "AA" plight what do you expect me to do about abortion, and AA on AA violence? The same thing you do for other same-race violence? Enlighten me, what do you do about other race's same race violence? Does the media call it out as often as the big bad AA boogeyman?!

I bet you think I'm out looting and burning as I type this message huh? So you have all the answers what do you expect me to do as an "AA" man?

I have zero answers, I could use some.
I agree there’s far, far too much white-on-white homicide and violence in general. It’s a huge problem and I don’t know the answer(s). It would be nice if irresponsible losers would stop having children, but that’s never gonna happen. I definitely think there should be more resources put into mental health; where we find the money for it, I don’t know. And there’s way too much violence depicted on TV, film and video games. I don’t think there’s any doubt we have a violent culture in America, and the black community is no exception.

Consider that annually, more than 50 percent of all arrestees for homicide and nonnegligent manslaughter are black (35-40 percent of murders go unsolved).

As for juvenile homicide/nonnegligent manslaughter arrests, 58 percent of arrestees in 2018 were black.

As you probably know, something like 90 percent or more of black homicide victims are killed by other blacks. It’s pretty much the same for whites. More than 80 percent of white murder victims were killed by other whites.

What should bother you, and black Americans in general, is there are five times as many non-Hispanic whites as there are blacks. Yet less than 28 percent of homicide/nonnegligent manslaughter arrestees in 2018 were white. Is the difference in arrest rates due to racist cops and prosecutors seeking to pin crimes on blacks? Some of it is without question, but can it possibly account for the huge disparities?

Now here’s a stat that can’t be blamed on a racist criminal justice system, though I bet some here on ATS will try. From 2007-2016, about 60 percent — 261,000 — of all nonfatal gunshot victims treated in ERs (whose race/ethnicity was recorded) were black. About 27 percent of all victims did not have their race/ethnicity recorded.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Only when a white cop is involved.

When it comes to the number one killer of AA's Abortion, and AA violence on AA violence it doesn't.

And people don't loot,burn,or otherwise make asse's out of themselves.

So you're saying that my entire existence, as a black man, is dependent on a white cop's involvement. Duly noted...

I'm not looting, making an "ass" of myself, over this either.

So in your infinite wisdom on the "AA" plight what do you expect me to do about abortion, and AA on AA violence? The same thing you do for other same-race violence? Enlighten me, what do you do about other race's same race violence? Does the media call it out as often as the big bad AA boogeyman?!

I bet you think I'm out looting and burning as I type this message huh? So you have all the answers what do you expect me to do as an "AA" man?

I have zero answers, I could use some.
I agree there’s far, far too much white-on-white homicide and violence in general. It’s a huge problem and I don’t know the answer(s). It would be nice if irresponsible losers would stop having children, but that’s never gonna happen. I definitely think there should be more resources put into mental health; where we find the money for it, I don’t know. And there’s way too much violence depicted on TV, film and video games. I don’t think there’s any doubt we have a violent culture in America, and the black community is no exception.

Consider that annually, more than 50 percent of all arrestees for homicide and nonnegligent manslaughter are black (35-40 percent of murders go unsolved).

As for juvenile homicide/nonnegligent manslaughter arrests, 58 percent of arrestees in 2018 were black.

As you probably know, something like 90 percent or more of black homicide victims are killed by other blacks. It’s pretty much the same for whites. More than 80 percent of white murder victims were killed by other whites.

What should bother you, and black Americans in general, is there are five times as many non-Hispanic whites as there are blacks. Yet less than 28 percent of homicide/nonnegligent manslaughter arrestees in 2018 were white.

Is the difference in arrest rates due to racist cops and prosecutors seeking to pin crimes on blacks? Some of it is without question, but can it possibly account for the huge disparities?

Now here’s a stat that can’t be blamed on a racist criminal justice system, though I bet some here on ATS will try. From 2007-2016, about 60 percent — 261,000 — of all nonfatal gunshot victims treated in ERs (whose race/ethnicity was recorded) were black. About 27 percent of all victims did not have their race/ethnicity recorded.

edit on 31-5-2020 by Scapegrace because: Spacing problem

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
all life matters, even mosquitos.
Some deaths are more fashionable to appose, others more justified to administer.
The media is about ratings, so they fan the flames, for likes.
many things are information hazards
edit on 0000005075957America/Chicago31 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
a reply to: Somekindofwizard DO WHITE LIVES MATTER ? SO YOUR SAYING ALL BLCK PEOPLE ARE THE SAME ? SO I GUESS ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE RACIST PIECES OF SH.T.

Is reading and critical thinking that hard? Jeez dude, can you not be bothered to even read the opening post? If you had actually taken the time to read what I wrote you'd know where I stand. You managed to read the thread title so take a few minutes and read what I actually wrote.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Somekindofwizard
Hear me out before you jump on here and call me a racist. I realize that everyone is up in arms over George Floyd's death recently, understandably so. The police involved have been fired and are under investigation by the FBI.

Here's the issue I see. There have been 147 days so far this year. In Chicago alone 131 black people have been murdered. Where's the media on that....... I'm waiting. I'll tell you what I think, it doesn't fit the agenda and since they weren't killed by a white man it's not as important. Therefore their lives don't matter as much. Am I wrong?

Someone please explain this to me in a rational way.

As far as the agenda goes black lives, white lives, brown yellow red and unborn
our country and our families.
Absolutely do not matter to the agenda. Because the agenda is evil.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: carewemust

It's not ok!

But it is not the same as govt actors killing you.

Usually the squeaky wheels get the grease first. But when it comes to Black people being murdered, the wheels that are screaming for grease are ignored. Instead, the 6% of Black people killed by non-Blacks, and those non-Black murderers, get all the attention.

You'd think Black people would be a bit more "humbled", and not so outraged, when a White guy kills a Black guy, considering that 7,000 Black-on-Black murders each year, receive very little attention from the Media, Black Leaders, and even the Police.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join