It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Deniers Protesters willing to give up their Medical care if they get Covid?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
And I go back to my initial post:

Just like the anti vaxxers these equal morons want the ability to be edgy and trendy but expect the rest of us to pay for their bull# if they get sick

And you fear mongering government bootlicker types expect the rest of us to pay for your false models and fear mongering that will destroy so much of the economy.

Still waiting for those supporting the OP to show us how they refuse to accept government money (like the trump checks) for their support of the US government collapsing the economy.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
It is going to be interesting here in Florida next time there is a major Hurricane. They not only set curfews but will straight ban travel anywhere. Will the infringement of liberty complaint work then as well?

Not sure what part of Florida you’re in, but in Ft. Lauderdale there’s almost always a curfew during the hurricanes. Even the last two “hurricanes” that weren’t much more than wind and rain, barely equating to a tropical storm in this area. Wilma gave us a good ass kicking and for about 3 weeks after it was done we still had a curfew in place. I’d get stopped by the police on my way home work regularly because it was often after 9PM. I don’t think they restricted travel except for people heading to the Keys. Possibly at one point they did because 95 was all backed up and emergency vehicles could barely get around the traffic, I can’t quite remember.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Okay, I know it's unreasonable to expect reasonability here, but, I just want to check ... who's the current "bad guy" here?

I'm sure it's not Trump as he consistantly talks out of all sides of his mouth ... varying from prediciting 200K dead to claiming that it's all a hoax.

How are All Trump Sycophants dealing with this? Are you getting minute by minute updates from the WH?

Also, for all the traditional States Rights folk ... so, you're now in favor of Trump's unconsitutional position that he is somehow "in control"? So the restrictions put in place by Republican governors are okie-dokie, but, not the Democratic ones?

Or is it just the Governors that Trump suggests as targets that you guys have trouble with?

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

We’ve scuttled 20+ million jobs and will probably put countless thousands of small businesses out of business for nowhere near 100k deaths.

It’s over 40k deaths in US. That is every man, woman and child in my town times Four!
But don’t you worry you’ll get your 100k

7,500 people die a day in America. Quick math says your town expires every 6 days or so.

Also, way to scale things not smartly. There’s 330 million people in the US. Your entire town could be wiped off the map many times over and it’s entirely inconsequential.

Glad to see someone who thinks their town of 40k people is a great way of scaling this against a 330 million person country.

It’s people like you who ruin it for the rest of us. Seriously. Your argument is bogus and the fact you can’t realize your “entire town” dies every ~6 days in America means you live in a small town - it doesn’t mean the virus is that big.

FFS people - use some scale and math here!

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Also, for all the traditional States Rights folk ... so, you're now in favor of Trump's unconsitutional position that he is somehow "in control"?

Bill Gates and the rest of those clowns thought that Trump had total control when they wanted him to shut down all of the States. Go figure.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Your question doesn’t make sense.
It is the taxpayers money that pays for the current Obamacare medical coverage.
We all paid for it, it isn’t free and we own it.
Exercising your right to free speech has nothing to do with health care that you paid for, unless you are an illegal alien,
Will these governors with their extreme rules be willing to step down for the damages they are doing to their states economies?
After all, they are employees of the people of their particular state being paid with the taxpayers money.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It just depends I guess. I've yet to wear a mask or gloves and I've pushed carts at the grocery store after people, touched the same things they've touched, walked among them with no protective gear, worked at my essential job where we've had 8 cases so far, used the same vending machines and door handles, and I've yet to break into a the 99 degree area or cough. Same with my wife.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

That's odd... Why do they feel the need to stop purchase of paint?

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Also, for all the traditional States Rights folk ... so, you're now in favor of Trump's unconsitutional position that he is somehow "in control"?

Bill Gates and the rest of those clowns thought that Trump had total control when they wanted him to shut down all of the States. Go figure.

So did Trump ... *shrug*

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The fact that hospitals are furloughing employees with no business because this "surge" was either mitigated by everyones efforts or maybe just wasn't as dangerous to begin with. Also the fact that ventilators are killing people or at the very least destroying there futures by scaring there lungs makes the effort to to curve the surge not as urgent since anyone can lay there and rest.

The only thing we are protecting now are the doctors from having to go through the sickness themselves. People not going out side wont mitigate that by much. Only if the doctors stop going to work will they mitigate that risk. Not every one have the luxury to just stay inside and cry about everyone else's behavior.

If your safe in your house then shut up and stay in there. People need to live.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MConnalley

You're okay with denying Americans their Constiutional rights?

On what basis?

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

On what basis?

The right to go outside? I don't see where I stated the later foo.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MConnalley

On what basis?

The right to go outside? I don't see where I stated the later foo.

Notice the question mark?

Are you okay with the various levels of government telling us to stay inside?

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

It just depends I guess. I've yet to wear a mask or gloves and I've pushed carts at the grocery store after people, touched the same things they've touched, walked among them with no protective gear, worked at my essential job where we've had 8 cases so far, used the same vending machines and door handles, and I've yet to break into a the 99 degree area or cough. Same with my wife.

Maybe you’re Typhoid Mary

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Notice the question mark? Are you okay with the various levels of government telling us to stay inside?

The hypocrisy is staggering.

Some Governors are getting bashed for their slow opening procedures even though they mimic (if not identical) the White House recommendations.
Somehow one is bad and the other....
edit on 21-4-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Today in my state we had a parade of sorts.

A whole bunch of people that want the state opened at any cost.
What I found interesting watching it, is that there are obviously different levels of disbelief.
Some people had on full N95 masks, some had homemade masks, some wore just bandannas.
Others had absolutely nothing on (their face). Many that were standing outside were VERY close to each other.
Some cars drove by, yet didn't roll down their windows.

I think we can all agree the safer at home was touted as a method to lower the curve. Never to stop the virus, because
it can't be stopped right now. It was to stop the hospitals from being overwhelmed. When they are overwhelmed people can
die from lack of space/care/other emergencies. etc. I actually think many states did a good job lowering the curve.
For different reasons (which is not really what I want to get into right now) people feel it is safe enough to go ahead and open it up.

I think if you truly believe your state/area should be opened at ALL costs, you should start with yourself and family first.
Make a pledge that when you get it, IF the hospitals are overwhelmed you'll take the back seat to those that were either essential workers or
practiced safer at home.

I have a sneaking suspicion, when that happens, they will also be the first ones complaining about the lack of care.

For those that say that people should be able to wear protective gear and follow social distancing while reopening. I can tell you first hand these people were shoulder to shoulder. I would have had a lot more respect for the protest if they actually were standing far enough away from each other & actually practicing social distancing. If anything they were a perfect example why most places aren't ready.

My God what a tool a Blatant bag full of tools.

You sound just like the Media, Are you typing what the MMS is saying as they say it and then posting it on ATS .

If they get it ? If they get what exactly a cold, the Flu , mono , herpes ? IT thats what Covid-19 has become IT.
A legend , A permanent piece of fear .

What is wrong with you , what are you so afraid of ? Its just a Virus , If you catch it you get sick EOS, yes it can kill you but so can 100million other things . I do not even understand how your scared little mind works its mind boggling , what do you think ? We are just gonna wear mask for ever and never work again never group together again, we flattened the curve if there ever was one now get over it .

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Today in my state we had a parade of sorts.

A whole bunch of people that want the state opened at any cost.
What I found interesting watching it, is that there are obviously different levels of disbelief.
Some people had on full N95 masks, some had homemade masks, some wore just bandannas.
Others had absolutely nothing on (their face). Many that were standing outside were VERY close to each other.
Some cars drove by, yet didn't roll down their windows.

I think we can all agree the safer at home was touted as a method to lower the curve. Never to stop the virus, because
it can't be stopped right now. It was to stop the hospitals from being overwhelmed. When they are overwhelmed people can
die from lack of space/care/other emergencies. etc. I actually think many states did a good job lowering the curve.
For different reasons (which is not really what I want to get into right now) people feel it is safe enough to go ahead and open it up.

I think if you truly believe your state/area should be opened at ALL costs, you should start with yourself and family first.
Make a pledge that when you get it, IF the hospitals are overwhelmed you'll take the back seat to those that were either essential workers or
practiced safer at home.

I have a sneaking suspicion, when that happens, they will also be the first ones complaining about the lack of care.

For those that say that people should be able to wear protective gear and follow social distancing while reopening. I can tell you first hand these people were shoulder to shoulder. I would have had a lot more respect for the protest if they actually were standing far enough away from each other & actually practicing social distancing. If anything they were a perfect example why most places aren't ready.

What is wrong with you , what are you so afraid of ? Its just a Virus , If you catch it you get sick EOS, yes it can kill you but so can 100million other things . I do not even understand how your scared little mind works its mind boggling , what do you think ? We are just gonna wear mask for ever and never work again never group together again, we flattened the curve if there ever was one now get over it .

What's wrong is that JAG has fallen into the trap of "If I experienced something by proxy, then everyone else too shall experience something by proxy" and ran with it. So she knew a couple of people who caught it and died, and is basing her expectations on that.

So. What. JAG. Your personal anecdote is still just a personal anecdote.
And if you think yours holds enough water to stand on two legs, then by all means, we have to consider the opposite side of the anecdote coin, because by default, my experience, or rather, the lack of it, also stands as a method of proof, too.

I don't know anyone who has come remotely close to dying from it, let alone thinks they had it (outside of my area, we think it already ripped through here months ago)

Too many people have bought into the hysteria hook, line and sinker and refuse to extricate themselves from said hysteria long enough to think objectively about covid, even when antibody testing is showing IT NEVER WAS A HUGE DEAL.
edit on 4/21/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Still waiting for those supporting the OP to show us how they refuse to accept government money

Govt money..you mean like..taxes? it's your money.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

So. What. JAG. Your personal anecdote is still just a personal anecdote.

Tell that to the apx 44K people that died in the US or 2.5 million worldwide.

One thing is for sure, it's not done yet, some places have not even peaked, so we can't even assume we know how deadly this is yet.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Considering I'm already paying for my own family's and a bunch of strangers' health care, let's work out a deal. I'll give up my hospital trip but the system stops collecting so much as one cent from me to subsidize the hospital trips of everyone else that taps the funds I'm taxed heavily to contribute to. Wanna play dumb games? Let's play dumb games.
Every protester walks away from the hospitals during this alleged and bland pandemic while every scaredy cat happy to cower in their homes while these government actions kill our economy and our Rights separate themselves from the teats of everyone who decides to protest.

Want to take a guess at which side cracks first in that scenario? Ayn Rand had some spot-on theories on which side would suffer the most.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join