It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well as other states are opening up, cases in my state have ballooned. Mostly in McKinley county, Gallup New Mexico. Today the. Governor closed the roads into and out of Gallup at the request of the Mayor there:

New Mexico Governor orders roads closed to city of Gallup in effort to stop Coronavirus spread

New Mexico Gov. Lujan Grisham invoked the state’s Riot Control Act to slow the spread of coronavirus and sealed off the roads into and out of the hard-hit city of Gallup, she announced Friday.

To help control a surging outbreak in the city, the Democratic governor locked down the city at the request of Gallup’s mayor, Grisham said in a news release.

The Riot Control Act allows the state’s governor to enact temporary restrictions under a state of emergency, including prohibiting residents from being on public streets and the use of certain streets and highways.

Beginning noon Friday, all roads into the city were shut down and businesses were required to close from 5 p.m. until 8 a.m. in the city of 70,000. Additionally, only two people are allowed in a vehicle at the same time.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
2 confirmed and 4 probable cases in Aotearoa/New Zealand today. 5 are linked to known cases and one is under investigation. One new death bringing total to 20 dead, 80year old man from a cluster in an old peoples home.
Kia kaha world.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Update May.01/20
Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Global Cases (by JHU CSSE)

gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Canada *** Total= 56,344 ***
28,656-Quebec, 17,880-Ontario, 5,573-Alberta, 2,145-British Columbia,
959-Nova Scotia, 415-Saskatchewan, 281-Manitoba, 118-New Brunswick,
259-Newfoundland & Labrador, 26-Prince Edward Island,
5-Northwest Territories, 11-Yukon, 13-Grand Princess,

coronavirus.1point3acres.com... USA & Canada Updates

www.worldometers.info...

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Tamsuan

Problem < Solution...

Lets hope not!

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I try to catch up with Roger Seheult, MD's updates when i can. The science is way above my pay grade, but it sounds like there's real progress being made on tracking down the the cause, rather than the effects... For your more learned ears:

youtu.be...

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Its another beautiful weekend in New York. Lots more people out today than even last weekend; which saw a notable increase in movement.

I'd be curious to see how the infection rate changes over the next two weeks. It should be interesting.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There's been a lot of clinical details published lately, but the one publication (not really covered in the news) that is most significant here is that the FDA has issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for Remdesivir to be used in the treatment of hospitalized COVID-19 patients.

Letter of authorization on the FDA site at this link

From the product description section

Product Description
Remdesivir is a nucleoside ribonucleic acid (RNA) polymerase inhibitor. Remdesivir for
injection, 100 mg, is a sterile, preservative-free lyophilized solid that is to be reconstituted with
19mL of sterile water for injection and diluted into 0.9% saline prior to intravenous (IV)
administration. Following reconstitution, each single-dose, clear glass vial contains a 5 mg/mL
remdesivir concentrated solution with sufficient volume to allow withdrawal of 20 mL.
Remdesivir Injection, 5 mg/mL, is a sterile, preservative- free, clear, solution that is to diluted
into 0.9% saline prior to intravenous (IV) administration. The authorized remdesivir vial label
and/or the carton labeling is clearly marked for “emergency use authorization” or for
“investigational use.”

I may have indicated in an earlier post that this one was a very likely candidate and that it would be going into second phase clinicals soon. So here we are... we'll see if it works.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Numbers from around the world are taken from Worldometers for May 2nd.

Spain - Pop: 44.6 M
245,567 Positive tests…….. or 1 out of 190 Spaniards
10.22% Deaths

Italy - Pop: 60.4 M
209,328 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 289 Italians
13.71 % Deaths

UK – Pop: 66.6 M
182,260 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 366 UKers
15.43 % Deaths

France – Pop: 67.0 M
167,346 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 400 French
14.69 % Deaths

Sweden – Pop: 10.2 M
22,082 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 463 Swedes
12.08 % Deaths

Denmark – Pop: 5.8 M
9,407 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 617 Danes
5.04 % Deaths

US - Pop: 330 M
1,138,561 Positive tests.... or 1 out of 290 Americans
5.82 Deaths

US death rates (2017):
1. Heart Disease …………….…………647,457 annual or 1,773 daily average
2. Cancer ……………………..……….….599,108 annual or 1,641 daily average
3. Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936 annual or 465 daily average
7. Diabetes:………………………………….83,564 annual or 228 daily average

COVID-19 ……………………………………….66,343 (63 Day) or 1053 daily average

*** SURPASSED *****

8. Influenza and Pneumonia …………55,562 annual or 152 daily average
9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis:..50,633 annual or 138 daily average
10. Intentional self-harm (suicide):..47,173 annual or 129 daily average
X. Auto accidents ………………….………37,461 annual or 102 daily average
X. H1N1 2009 ESTIMATED (8,868 – 18,638) for 1 year or 24 – 50 daily average

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
As a followup (or perhaps predecessor) to the previous post, here is the actual letter FROM the FDA scientists to the admin at the FDA - called Evaluation of 19 antiviral drugs against SARS-CoV-2 Infection

Here's a relevant section from the abstract:

Here we report that after screening 19 antiviral drugs that are either in clinical trials or with proposed activity against SARS-CoV-2, remdesivir was the most effective. Chloroquine only effectively protected virus-induced cytopathic effect at around 30 µM with a therapeutic index of 1.5. Our findings also suggest that velpatasvir, ledipasvir, ritonavir, litonavir, lopinavir, favilavir, sofosbuvir, danoprevir, and pocapavir do not have direct antiviral effect.

This letter goes into the methods (what items were used in the test and how the testing was done - kind of a "full disclosure" and even includes how they got the drugs.) It's pretty interesting to read, particularly if you ever wondered just how they did those tests.

News Report on the details of Remdesivir agreement
From US News and World Report

Remdesivir was previously available only for patients enrolled in clinical trials or for patients cleared to get the drug under expanded use and compassionate use programs. Through Gilead's trials, more than 181 hospital locations around the world, including hospitals in 27 U.S. states, have been administering the drug.

The FDA authorization applies to patients hospitalized with severe COVID-19 who require oxygen supplementation.

U.S. Vice President Mike Pence said the 1.5 million vials would start being distributed to hospitals on Monday.

Gilead said the federal government will coordinate the donation and distribution of remdesivir to hospitals in cities hardest hit by COVID-19. Citing the drug's limited supply, the company said hospitals with intensive care units and other hospitals that the government deems most in need will receive priority

...and for the rest of the "skinny" on this, check out the news story.

edit on 2-5-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Another important document from the last 36 hours is the World Health Organization's "draft landscape" of Covid-19 candidate vaccines

You'll have to download the PDF to see it.

So... what this is, is the vaccine (not treatment) to prevent people catching Covid-19. There are 8 possible vaccines going through clinical trials, and another 94 that are in "preclinical evaluation" - running through tests in the lab to see how they do "in vitro" and doing some animal tests (poor little Rhesus monkeys and ferrets!)

The one that's taken the lead in trials is something out of China...alas, I can't tell you a thing about it because I don't read Chinese (and couldn't even guess at what I'm seeing) at all.

University of Oxford's candidate vaccine has been given to a group of people and results should be out by the end of May.

Four of the 8 are "inactivated" virus vaccines, two involve Messenger RNA (mRNA).

Once approved, the main issue will come with trying to get enough vaccine to give to the entire world. Manufacturers can create millions of doses at a time (or so I've read)... but the problem is that we need billions of doses.

Anyway, some hope is on the horizon here.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: drussell41

Well.. Its important though.

Shortening hospital stays in areas dealing with high or max occupancy is a good thing. That said, RdRPs inhibitors (like HCQ+Zinc & Remdesivir) work at their absolute best when given early. Though, they can halt further replication too, thus shortening hospital stays in patients where it might be a bit further along.

Well, I think this just makes sense. When the CCP Virus enters the body, let's say you have 10 fires to put out from the virus just having entered the body. After they infect cells and replication sets in, they burst open spewing out more virus "joy", and you may have thousands of fires now burning, with each one hell bent on doing damage to tissues. Just like fires, the earlier you put them out, the less damage they will do that fire suppressants can't fix after the damage has been done. The sooner you get medication or other treatment to kill or suppress viral replication, the better off you are going to be. Quite frankly, I am not putting a whole lot of hope into any sort of vaccine for this. Treatment after the fact, or even to build up resistance to infection, and the results thereof, beforehand, is likely the more reasonable future to expect.

Has anyone heard of followups of people that are classed as "recovered" and what sort of permanent damages they have sustained from this virus infection? And how many of those "recovered" are becoming "unrecovered" later on?

Active cases in my county in north Florida are now up to 23, so the wife and I are apparently in a fortunate and comparatively safer location than many. But we are still mostly on self imposed lockdown. We go to the post office twice a week, and recently tried the curbside pickup option at Walmart to get some groceries that cannot be stored for long periods that we either ran out or were getting pretty low on. This seemed to work well, and we will likely continue that path as long as it is a viable option due to evolving circumstances. With rumors of food shortages popping up here and there, not sure what the future is going to hold for the long term. We still have two frozen turkeys in the freezer, and fortunately being near the Gulf or Mexico, the seafood markets here should be still providing seafood. As long as the people who commercially fish, shrimp, and crab are still going out, I guess.

Leon County, just north of us, is logging 233 confirmed cases, so we are trying hard to keep from going up there for any reason. We have been keeping UPS and FedEx hopping, though, with orders for needed (or wanted) supplies. For some reason my gun shooting interest has perked up, and I find myself buying ammunition. Not especially expecting to need to defend against coronavirus zombies, but it just feels comforting to me, for some reason. I put the boxes out in the sunlight for at least 2 days, and then spray them with Lysol and let them set another day before opening them. The contents, if carrying any virus particles, have been untouched for at least a week, and sometimes two, before I come in contact with them, so hopefully the virus has kicked the bucket by then. But even so, I still wear gloves, and wash my hands thoroughly afterwards too.

Read talk of this continuing for anywhere from 2 to 5 years. Certainly this is going to get VERY old by then. We are fortunate living out in the boonies on acreage, and both retired. Not sure how we could handle this at all if we were living in an apartment needing income from employment. I expect terminal cabin fever may become commonplace.

But to be perfectly honest, I am still apprehensive about that "other shoe" concerning this CCP Virus that I am still waiting to hear drop. It is way too new for us to know everything about it, and with China actively trying to bury all research about it, this does not bode well. IMHO.

YMMV, of course.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
"Five Eyes" Intelligence document confirms CHINA Covid-19 coverup.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere (No BNO) :

www.worldometers.info...

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
A couple of Financial Times Graphs by John Burn-Murdoch, have been updated :

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Updated (May 1st) Covid-19 Deaths from the Centers of Disease Control.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
"Five Eyes" Intelligence document confirms CHINA Covid-19 coverup.

www.foxnews.com...

Cheers for the link.
I do remember a post here a while back that talked about the Wuhan Lab being 'Sanitized'.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
2 new confirmed cases and no probable cases in Aotearoa/New Zealand today. Both confirmed cases are relatives of healthcare workers in an old peoples home which is one of the clusters. I assume this means community transmission, I could be wrong though as I am no expert.
Kia kaha world.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Good News from the CDC yesterday..

On Friday 5-1-2020, the CDC equated the Wuhan coronavirus to the seasonal flu.

The COVID-19 hospitalization rates are “similar to” those in the 65 and older category during “recent high severity influenza seasons.”

And the COVID-19 hospitalizations for children 17 and under is MUCH LOWER than the seasonal flu hospitalization rates during recent influenza seasons.

The COVID-19 is LESS DANGEROUS to children than a typical influenza.
Source: www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Update May.02/20
Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Global Cases (by JHU CSSE)

gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Canada *** Total= 57,927 ***
29,664-Quebec, 18,321-Ontario, 5,670-Alberta, 2,171-British Columbia,
963-Nova Scotia, 421-Saskatchewan, 282-Manitoba, 118-New Brunswick,
259-Newfoundland & Labrador, 26-Prince Edward Island,
5-Northwest Territories, 11-Yukon, 13-Grand Princess,

coronavirus.1point3acres.com... USA & Canada Updates

www.worldometers.info...

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: DanDanDat

Good News from the CDC yesterday..

On Friday 5-1-2020, the CDC equated the Wuhan coronavirus to the seasonal flu.

The COVID-19 hospitalization rates are “similar to” those in the 65 and older category during “recent high severity influenza seasons.”

And the COVID-19 hospitalizations for children 17 and under is MUCH LOWER than the seasonal flu hospitalization rates during recent influenza seasons.

The COVID-19 is LESS DANGEROUS to children than a typical influenza.
Source: www.thegatewaypundit.com...

This CDC graph of the mortality rate in 2020 sure doesn't make 2020 seem anything like the seasonal flu seasons in the previous 2 years, so I don't think this CDC graph supports that claim they equate it to the flu. Hospitalization rates are one thing, but aren't the number of deaths/excess deaths more important?

www.cdc.gov...

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join