It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tamsuan
What are the things that effect all nations populations which are in someway different to other nations?
Is there something/s common to those nations that have low virus numbers which is not the same or same level in those nations with high numbers?

the nations of SEA recognized the danger, mobilized their experts and moved swiftly to limit the spread of the virus. Pragmatism over political posturing.

There’s no doubt in my mind that this is the reason why the curves differ so in different countries. There are leaders and their are egomaniacal twats; the curves go a long way to indicate which is which.

edit on 18-4-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Thanks guys and yea factoring in the the hotspot areas and quarantine/ppe efforts would make a difference it seems. It is hard to really say without more testing, and then the continuation of spreading meanwhile just kind of boggles my mind as to what end this mess will wind up at, being that covid-19 is so friggin' infectious.
edit on 6amf30285130 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

So is that a mortality rate of 50%, or have I misunderstand (which is usually the case)
Somethings never change. Added clarification for your benefit.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Appreciated! Remember, we’re only as strong as our weakest link

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
From French Live Feed :

- 14h11 : Update on the Charles-De-Gaulle aircraft carrier.

All Sailors have been tested, and 1,046 of 1,760 total, tested positive.
20-30 are still in Hospital, and one Major of ~50 years of age, is in ER.
Almost 50% were asymptomatic.

Quite like the Numbers from the USS Theodore Roosevelt.

edit on 18-4-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
Almost 50% were asymptomatic.

Trying not to extrapolate that to metropolitan and urban areas because I’d like to get some sleep tonight

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
According to this Doctor, ventilators could be doing more harm than good:

His face contorted with worry, a young casualty doctor sends a desperate message to the world. He has watched over the beds of hundreds of coronavirus patients, and now believes they are dying because of the very treatment that is meant to save them. After being rushed into hospital, they are knocked out by sedatives delivered through a throat tube as a ventilator mechanically pumps their lungs to send oxygen into their bodies. It is a standard treatment for the deadly lung infection pneumonia, and one that was first used for Covid-19 patients in China, then in Europe and now here in Britain. Yet, in a frank YouTube video, the New York casualty doctor Cameron Kyle-Sidell has broken ranks with the medical establishment and warns it is wrong to use ventilators in this way.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Trouble in Africa:

Unrest has spread across Africa, with riots over food shortages and an army being deployed to 'restore order' as the coronavirus crisis rocks the continent. Protests have erupted in Cape Town, the military have been mobilised in Lesotho and the chief of staff to the Nigerian government died of the lethal bug. African now has more than 1,000 deaths from COVID-19, the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Saturday. A total of 52 of Africa's 54 countries have reported cases of the deadly virus, with the overall number of cases more than 19,800.

In Cape Town people have broken into tuck shops and attacked each other and police because they are hungry, one resident claimed. Joanie Fredericks, a community leader in Mitchells Plain township in Cape Town, said in a viral clip: 'Mr President we are in the middle of a food crisis. It's war out here.'

Already, several violent protests have broken out across the country over access to food parcels handed out by authorities. Hundreds of angry people fought running battles with the police, hurling rocks and setting up street barricades with burning tyres in Mitchells Plain over undelivered food parcels on Tuesday. Police fired rubber bullets and teargas to disperse them. Social commentators fear such violent episodes could escalate.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

If it's like this now, what's it going to be like in a month from now?

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Japan's cases on the rise:

Hospitals in Japan are increasingly turning away sick people as the country struggles with surging coronavirus infections and its emergency medical system collapses. On Saturday, the number of cases rose from 9,239 yesterday to 9,795 and there have now been 220 deaths from the virus, up from 136 deaths on Friday. With an addition of 712 others from a cruise ship quarantined near Tokyo earlier this year, Japan now has 10,507 cases altogether. Nearly one-third of the domestic cases come from Tokyo, where the daily surge has overburdened hospitals.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Britain suffers another 888 coronavirus deaths - the worst figures for a week and the fourth worst day for deaths overall as total toll rises to 15,464 but cases remain steady with 5,526 new infections

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: Tamsuan

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
a reply to: Tamsuan

Just a thought : What percentage of people in Thailand wore a mask, would you think ?
Just a rough guess on what you have seen around you would be fine.

China, South Korea, and Japan, have all been used to wearing masks for quite some time, as does a lot of Asia, I suppose.
That helps to prevent spread from infected people, even lightly infected people.

Over here, in Europe at least, Masks were not available in enough quantities even for medical staff, so they have been prevented from being the norm.
Even now, at the supermarket, I still see more than 50% without any masks, or face coverings, or any type of glove.

We see people wearing masks at nearly 100% level. Twice I have gone into a shop only to realize that I had left my mask in the car. It's a breech of social etiquette now so I felt embarrassed at being perceived as an inconsiderate foreigner.
Workers in stores also have gloves and often have face shields now.

On entering a building someone is there to take one's temperature and hand sanitizer is available everywhere.

Personally I don't like to wear a mask but I do it to be cautious. When two people are interacting and both are wearing masks there must be a substantial degree of mutual protection although it's probably not perfect.
Same here in Spain, I go to the supermarket for 1 hour every two weeks and family is locked down, half have masks, me included & gloves, and half do not and get gloves provided at the door. Maybe one of the reasons is people in Spain did not wear masks. I remember going to town about 4-5 weeks ago and nobody had masks on then we had the lockdown order.

Another thing to note is that Italians, French, Spanish & UK folk tend to me more touchy feel when greeting and in social settings. So its not surprising that these countries have higher infection rate numbers. Italians want to kiss you all over.. Now if you take Thailand as an example, they have low numbers and are generally more stand offish when greeting and in social settings. When they greet they do not touch but raise clasped hands. So the less close physical contact may likely be a significant factor.
edit on 18-4-2020 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Trouble in Africa:

Unrest has spread across Africa, with riots over food shortages and an army being deployed to 'restore order' as the coronavirus crisis rocks the continent. Protests have erupted in Cape Town, the military have been mobilised in Lesotho and the chief of staff to the Nigerian government died of the lethal bug. African now has more than 1,000 deaths from COVID-19, the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Saturday. A total of 52 of Africa's 54 countries have reported cases of the deadly virus, with the overall number of cases more than 19,800.

In Cape Town people have broken into tuck shops and attacked each other and police because they are hungry, one resident claimed. Joanie Fredericks, a community leader in Mitchells Plain township in Cape Town, said in a viral clip: 'Mr President we are in the middle of a food crisis. It's war out here.'

Already, several violent protests have broken out across the country over access to food parcels handed out by authorities. Hundreds of angry people fought running battles with the police, hurling rocks and setting up street barricades with burning tyres in Mitchells Plain over undelivered food parcels on Tuesday. Police fired rubber bullets and teargas to disperse them. Social commentators fear such violent episodes could escalate.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Or two or six or by December 2020. The potential as I have referred to in previous posts before is scary and could end up with an invisible wall being required to keep people in and others from traveling to certain nations. The problem though is even with invisible blockades there are so many soft borders so if Africa gets bad then the who continent would need to be blockaded! Its a particular worry if non health service states go full monty infected! I see already that numbers are starting to climb in some large populations nations and getting numbers that actually portray how bad it is won't be forthcoming.

On another physical note: early this eve we had an noisy 2.5 earthquake here in Costa Blanca, 4km off shore and 7k down and the weather is a bit odd and not as warm as it should be now. Something or nothing with the lock down being relaxed and people returning to work some, about the earth being stood still due to inactivity and the vibrations in the area ramping up again.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

According to this Doctor, ventilators could be doing more harm than good:

His face contorted with worry, a young casualty doctor sends a desperate message to the world. He has watched over the beds of hundreds of coronavirus patients, and now believes they are dying because of the very treatment that is meant to save them. After being rushed into hospital, they are knocked out by sedatives delivered through a throat tube as a ventilator mechanically pumps their lungs to send oxygen into their bodies. It is a standard treatment for the deadly lung infection pneumonia, and one that was first used for Covid-19 patients in China, then in Europe and now here in Britain. Yet, in a frank YouTube video, the New York casualty doctor Cameron Kyle-Sidell has broken ranks with the medical establishment and warns it is wrong to use ventilators in this way.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
Did you read this already (posted previously)

This backs up what the US Dr in scrubs said in his video. Makes for interesting reading.

www.theenergyblueprint.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

Appreciated! Remember, we’re only as strong as our weakest link
Or as weak as our strongest misguided belief!

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Numbers from around the world are now starting to come in for April 18th.

Spain - Pop: 44.6 M
191,202 Positive tests…….. or 1 out of 244 Spaniards
10.47% Deaths

Italy - Pop: 60.4 M
175,925 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 344 Italians
13.20 % Deaths

France – Pop: 67.0 M
147,969 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 453 French
12.62 % Deaths

UK – Pop: 66.6 M
114,217 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 584 UKers
13.53 % Deaths

Sweden – Pop: 10.2 M
13,822 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 740 Swedes
10.93 % Deaths

Denmark – Pop: 5.8 M
7,257 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 799 Danes
4.63 % Deaths

US - Pop: 330 M
719,336 Positive tests.... or 1 out of 459 Americans
5.18% Deaths

US death rates (2017):
1. Heart Disease …………….…………647,457 annual or 1,773 daily average
2. Cancer ……………………..……….….599,108 annual or 1,641 daily average
3. Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936 annual or 465 daily average
8. Influenza and Pneumonia …………55,562 annual or 152 daily average
10. Intentional self-harm (suicide):..47,173 annual or 129 daily average
X. Auto accidents ………………….………37,461 annual or 102 daily average

COVID-19 ………………………………………. 37,331 (49 Day) or 761 daily average

*** SURPASSED *****

X. H1N1 2009 ESTIMATED (8,868 – 18,638) for 1 year or 24 – 50 daily average

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

re. Trouble in Africa

To be fair, the military being deployed in Lesotho has nothing to do with the Corona virus. Its because the Lesotho leader is the chief suspect in the murder of his ex? wife. He then dissolved parliament and deployed the army. Standard despot tactics.

In South Africa, however, the lockdown and it's 2 week extension is really starting to affect a population mentally and economically in the worst possible way. A population that was initially willing to comply. However, after 22 days of one of the harshest lockdowns in the world with a low infection and death rate, human nature naturally thinks the danger has passed.

Some of the rules are petty. You cannot buy cigarettes or alcohol or what is deemed "non-essential" items. You can't buy razor blades in some shops but you can buy an electric razor. I can't even buy a frozen pizza or a roast chicken at the local supermarket anymore as it is "prepared food".

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Trouble in Africa (news links removed for space)

People who study epidemics and pandemics aren't surprised (I'm not. I've been saying that the poorest nations including African nations and India are going to see a full-scale disaster and disruption.) It's hard to predict what will happen in the end, but the death toll is going to be staggering.

In addition, these areas will most likely be reservoirs (as I've said before) for re-emergence of the disease. We can't fix it by just fixing our own nations and then pretending everything's fine. Every first world nation (including America) has to step in and help the whole world if we want to ensure our own nation isn't repeatedly and continually hammered by this virus.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Although they might be able to catch Covid-19, many animals that we come into contact with are NOT secret hosts for the virus

Full title of paper: Serological survey of SARS‐CoV‐2 for experimental, domestic, companion and wild animals excludes intermediate hosts of 35 different species of animals

Note: This HAS been peer reviewed for methods and accuracy and the paper is accepted for publication.

ADDENDUM: Apparently ferrets (pets) can catch Covid-19 and transmit it in the same way that humans can
edit on 18-4-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere :

www.worldometers.info...
bnonews.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Trouble in Africa (news links removed for space)

People who study epidemics and pandemics aren't surprised (I'm not. I've been saying that the poorest nations including African nations and India are going to see a full-scale disaster and disruption.) It's hard to predict what will happen in the end, but the death toll is going to be staggering.

In addition, these areas will most likely be reservoirs (as I've said before) for re-emergence of the disease. We can't fix it by just fixing our own nations and then pretending everything's fine. Every first world nation (including America) has to step in and help the whole world if we want to ensure our own nation isn't repeatedly and continually hammered by this virus.
Its not just going to be a case of the world helping with the virus but also a case of ensuring borders are closed off and the continent itself. Africa's HIV problem will ensure that the death toll is like you said staggering. India & Pakistan are going to be a massive problem.
Is this in anyway manageable one wonders!

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join