It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 225
<< 222  223  224    226  227  228 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Exactly... Orange man bad, ergo chloroquine bad. I'm amazed at all the anti chloroquine propaganda surfacing now.

And now for a mild mannered update from my area. Hand sanitizer has been sold out for the last month. Other than that it's business as usual. People are shopping, gathering and comingling without a care in the world.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: Halfswede

Is that live? I don’t see any cars.

There are a few. It has been pretty dead over the weeks, but there are spurts of very light traffic from time to time.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Sent you a PM, just asking, which county are you in, and which is next door ?

Cheers.

Honestly I am incredulous at the number of people here who can't seem to figure out that their local "reports" and "updates" are pretty darn useless info if we don't have any clue about where the "local" is located. Duh...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

It is good idea to post location.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Texas Tribune has been maintaining a pretty good list of county-by-county numbers.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempussolo
a reply to: tanstaafl

I actually thought the death rate had nothing to do with the shutting down of everything but rather the driving concern is the overloading of the healthcare system. You are absolutely correct the CFR of this thing is nothing (in the grand scheme of things) but its % that require hospitalization (and some of that is long term) is rather high.

I'm not a big fan of the shutdowns but I'm not seeing a better alternative. I know you want to shelter the more at risk population with the rest of us out and about doing what we do but this does nothing to keep all the 20-50 year olds out of ICU. They may not die but they are going to clog the system.

If the hospitals go into triage mode, it will likely ONLY be the younger patients who get ICU treatment. All us older folks will just be on our own to live or die. IMHO.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

In Northern Italy, if you are over 60, you are being turned away. They are in full triage mode.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Not sure if it's been posted, BUT:

CDC says coronavirus survived in Princess Cruise ship cabins for up to 17 days after passengers left

Holy #.

The coronavirus survived for up to 17 days aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship, living far longer on surfaces than previous research has shown, according to new data published Monday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The virus “was identified on a variety of surfaces in cabins of both symptomatic and asymptomatic infected passengers up to 17 days after cabins were vacated on the Diamond Princess but before disinfection procedures had been conducted,” the researchers wrote, adding that the finding doesn’t necessarily mean the virus spread by surface.

Wow.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroneko

Texas Tribune has been maintaining a pretty good list of county-by-county numbers.

So has Georgia. Updated daily at noon.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

Austin, TX and Travis County in Texas going into lockdown tomorrow.

Coronavirus updates in Central Texas: Austin-Travis County shelter-in-place order to be issued Tuesday

Hard to get what the actual numbers are for the specific counties.

This tracker let's you tap or click in each state and then it gives breakdowns by county.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
updated live stream link of Wuhan

www.youtube.com...

Wait a minute , time out!!!
That’s a city of 11-13 million people ? Where are all the people ???

That can’t be an actual live video of today in Wuhan .

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

Looks like a ghost town.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

In Northern Italy, if you are over 60, you are being turned away. They are in full triage mode.

I'm not sure how I would take it if I took my wife to the hospital and they turned her away because she is 65 years old.
edit on 23-3-2020 by Rich Z because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

That doesn't even match up with the CDC pages. I like the Tribune but those numbers are out of date.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

That doesn't even match up with the CDC pages. I like the Tribune but those numbers are out of date.

I agree. My daughter lives in Travis County, which has 86 cases. Tribune is showing, 22 I think?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Austin, TX and Travis County in Texas going into lockdown tomorrow.

Coronavirus updates in Central Texas: Austin-Travis County shelter-in-place order to be issued Tuesday

Hard to get what the actual numbers are for the specific counties.

This tracker let's you tap or click in each state and then it gives breakdowns by county.

Oh thank you!! I've been following that page but never thought to cilck on a state. Those numbers look more accurate... up some from the numbers I dug up earlier.... I'm honestly surprised how close Travis and Harris county are in the numbers. Dallas has more than I thought.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

This is from the Lancet, discussing the real death rate from the Covid19 virus. It looks more like its around the 5.5 % mark if you find the number infected whom died fourteen days later which is the average time from onset to death. If they are right then, after the medical system breaks down, the people unable to get any treatment must logically
increase this number quite a lot.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Just an update on my own COVID19 experience. I got tested last Tuesday. They said the results would take 5 days. They said the lab hasn't sent them back the results yet and I can't go back to work till they clear me (obviously). Not even sick anymore aside from a cough that still lingers now and again. Anyway, I guess they are backlogged. Interesting to note though that if I had it, I might be dead before I found out the results! Lol. Crazy.

Anyway, Colorado has some new cases. 720 total cases. 7 statewide deaths. 69 cases in El Paso County (where I reside) 148 in Denver. Denver issued a city-wide mandate to stay home. At first they ordered liquor stores and recreational MJ establishments closed, but when the stores became overwhelmed, the governor decided that liquor stores and rec MJ could stay open. LOL. I thought that was funny.

For Colorado data Click Here.
edit on 23-3-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 222  223  224    226  227  228 >>

join