It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 222
<< 219  220  221    223  224  225 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DankyDSmythe

originally posted by: Tracele
In the Midlands UK, very quiet in the local area most cars are parked on driveways and barely anyone around. It’s the first day of school closures too but so far I’ve not seen any kids around which is good. A lot of shops are now closed and more being announced throughout the day, Costa, Subway and Greggs just today. It’s all feeling very strange, everyone is talking about it and lots are worried, especially about trying to get meds.

We’re now waiting for Boris to address the country at 8.30pm regarding stricter measures... what that means we have no idea quite honestly.

Link

I bet most people are more worried about where they'll get their vegan sausage rolls and pasties now Greggs is shut.

Quite possibly, doesn’t affect me though luckily

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: UFO1414
Am I nuts or is the CFR gone up dramatically? Currently at 13%. I swear it was at 8% or 9% on Friday.

On a good note, we've eclipsed 100K recovered.

www.worldometers.info...

Yeah, but what exactly does "recovered" mean? And permanent disabilities afterwards?

And how many of those are permanently recovered? Meaning they won't develop symptoms again nor become infectious again? I think this is the "other shoe" that some people are holding their breath waiting to hear.

That's a good question. And I agree. Recovered does not equal cleared.

Off topic. ***WARNING***

I had blood in my stools today. That is not a symptom! I'm sure I'm fine!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
Well that's us in the Uk on shutdown.

Indeed, it needed to be done but it’s so strange. So many of us have never experienced anything like this before. I just hope the panic buying eases soon.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

As long as the number of cases increases there is no way to know that.

Correct.

Since John Hopkins is publishing open source data on worldwide cases, mortality and recoveries, I've used that to develop an app that is (near) real-time … they only post updates every 24 hours... and it looks something like this

and Zoomed in

But more to your point, if taken globally, the death toll isn't actually decreasing but increasing

AB1

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BPilgrim
Florida man with coronavirus says drug touted by Trump saved his life

Hydroxychloroquine to the rescue!

Also: Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine

Let’s not advocate medical advice or count our chickens before they hatch

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

originally posted by: saladfingers123456

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

...damage to the taste and smell nerves.

Nerve damage, hmmm.

Increasing evidence shows that coronaviruses are not always confined to the respiratory tract and that they may also invade the central nervous system inducing neurological diseases.

The neuroinvasive potential of SARS-CoV2 may play a role in the respiratory failure of COVID-19 patients.

Yes, I thought that when I saw it earlier. If this turns out to be true, then the range of symptoms could be quite broad right? Also might lead to misdiagnosed causes of death in earlier contractors of the disease... is this correct? Or am I speculating too far there? I'm not clued up on this sort of thing.

I said a long time ago this is like cyanide and goes for the nervous system. The lungs are the symptoms, the 'cause' is in the ANS

Rainbows
Jane

Yes, I have been paying attention to your posts Jane... have appreciated your thoughts all the way. Anything from you regarding the lack of taste/smell in association with other things you might have come across?

link   

originally posted by: SoNotYabiz

Also: Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine

Let’s not advocate medical advice or count our chickens before they hatch

Wasn’t a non medical person advocating intravenous vitamin c treatments on this thread?

edit on 23-3-2020 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

But more to your point, if taken globally, the death toll isn't actually decreasing but increasing

As the article I linked says, that is not unexpected. Nor does it indicate an actual increase in mortality.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3/23/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

(post by ILEON removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Isnt that how the determination is made on the lethality of a virus though? Not the actual number of those who have died as a direct result of a virus. I guess what I mean is how to determine whether a virus has a .01% lethality versus a 3-5% lethality. unless ive got that wrong.
edit on 23-3-2020 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Maybe don't follow advice that begins with "Florida man...."
edit on 23/3/2020 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
From Guardian Live Feed at 8.58pm :

"The State of Queensland, Australia, has announced that it will close it borders tomorrow".

I take that to mean internal borders within Australia.

Guardian

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Stay Safe, ATSers.....
and PLEASE READ THIS!
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES!!!
...not chit chat, SOAP BOX speeches, recipes, political trolling,class warfare, conspiracy theories, bigoted comments, medical advice, OFF TOPIC banter
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in any of these:
Diseases and Pandemics

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
a reply to: carewemust

Gotta be honest, Yes, I prepped for this (thankfully) when it got started but I had hoped that it would've been over way before now. Our Gov. cuomo said that this could last 4-6-8 months before things change.

And 40-80% of the population!

I was never a fan of Cuomo, but I have to say, he has stepped up to the plate for this.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

"A man has died and his wife is under critical care after the couple, both in their 60s, ingested chloroquine phosphate," one of the anti-malaria drugs that President Trump has mentioned in recent days.

t.co...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT

"A man has died and his wife is under critical care after the couple, both in their 60s, ingested chloroquine phosphate," one of the anti-malaria drugs that President Trump has mentioned in recent days.

t.co...

And that is why it needs to be dosed by a doctor.

Can't fix stupid...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

We won’t learn the CFR really until after the pandemic.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
UK has just been locked down

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

...damage to the taste and smell nerves.

Nerve damage, hmmm.

Increasing evidence shows that coronaviruses are not always confined to the respiratory tract and that they may also invade the central nervous system inducing neurological diseases.

The neuroinvasive potential of SARS-CoV2 may play a role in the respiratory failure of COVID-19 patients.

Yes, I thought that when I saw it earlier. If this turns out to be true, then the range of symptoms could be quite broad right? Also might lead to misdiagnosed causes of death in earlier contractors of the disease... is this correct? Or am I speculating too far there? I'm not clued up on this sort of thing.

I said a long time ago this is like cyanide and goes for the nervous system. The lungs are the symptoms, the 'cause' is in the ANS

Rainbows
Jane

Yes, I have been paying attention to your posts Jane... have appreciated your thoughts all the way. Anything from you regarding the lack of taste/smell in association with other things you might have come across?

Nothing to add atm, except in last 2-3 weeks I have been finding a specific point on my clients right foot only (I'm a reflexologist) that doesn't match any foot 'map' which feels like a sleeping policeman but breaks down when I work on it. Had a zoom call with about 15 of my students who also happen to be reflexologists last week, and they were just as baffled. But one of the girls is also an acupuncturist and she said it related to the bladder point in acupuncture. So, as I always believe symptoms have an underlying emotional cause.....I said no wonder because everybody is pissed off at the moment. Interestingly we also had a similar thing along the spine reflex when we were treating survivors of the Grenfell Tower. As treatments were regular the little bump would disappear as their fear, anxiety and obviously trauma abated. That one is a known point for trauma so we weren't surprised when it was there. This point I have come across I am calling Covid Point.

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 219  220  221    223  224  225 >>

join