It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 223
<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
a reply to: Phage

Isnt that how the determination is made on the lethality of a virus though? Not the actual number of those who have died as a direct result of a virus. I guess what I mean is how to determine whether a virus has a .01% lethality versus a 3-5% lethality. unless ive got that wrong.
The way I read the source is, we don't know the true case fatality rate until the numbers of unresolved cases are negligible. While the cases are ramping up especially, as now in the US, there can be large errors in CFR estimates due to the large number of unresolved cases.

So if anybody is giving us CFR numbers now for the US, which still has a large number of unresolved cases, I think that paper says there is plenty of reason to doubt the accuracy of such a number.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Amy Klobuchar's husband is in the hospital with coronavirus.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoNotYabiz

originally posted by: BPilgrim
Florida man with coronavirus says drug touted by Trump saved his life

Hydroxychloroquine to the rescue!

Also: Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine

Let’s not advocate medical advice or count our chickens before they hatch

Advocating a medicine is fine. People trying to administer it to themselves is NOT fine. There are safe versions of the drug and it's used to treat Lupus in the US. People are resorting to drastic measures... there will be more of this. It doesn't mean the drug isn't okay to use for COVID19.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Berkeley Lovelace @BerkeleyJr · 4h The coronavirus pandemic is accelerating, the World Health Organizations says. It took 67 days from the first reported case to reach 100K cases, 11 days for the second 100K, and just four days for the third 100K

Kind of an important warning!!! This isn't getting better.

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Dow Chemical plants in the US are gearing up to make hand sanitizer. I also hear that pharmacies that are able to compound prescriptions have begun making it as well.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BPilgrim
Florida man with coronavirus says drug touted by Trump saved his life

Hydroxychloroquine to the rescue!

so the doctors told him the end was near. finally gave him the medicine and then said it probably wasnt the medicine but just him fighting the coronavirus and thats why he is recovering???

well ok then.
edit on 23-3-2020 by alphacenturi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: alphabetaone

We won’t learn the CFR really until after the pandemic.

Yep. Just in the nick of time.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Maybe don't advocate to Joe public and leave the Doctors to their business.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
From French Live Feed at 22h40 :

" Ice rink in Madrid requisitioned to be used as temporary Morgue, due to increase."
60% of the new deaths are located in Madrid.

www.20minutes.fr...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Austin, TX and Travis County in Texas going into lockdown tomorrow.

Coronavirus updates in Central Texas: Austin-Travis County shelter-in-place order to be issued Tuesday

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Lanier County Georgia now has a 9pm to 5 am curfew, restaurants must cease dine and the normal stay in your house or on your property unless you are emergency services, military, or going to the hospital.

ETA: they actually added in a great idea, if a restaurant is licensed to sell booze on premises, they are now cleared to put an unopened bottle of beer in with the takeout.
edit on 23-3-2020 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

White House Briefing.
People Just coming into the room now.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroneko
Austin, TX and Travis County in Texas going into lockdown tomorrow.

Coronavirus updates in Central Texas: Austin-Travis County shelter-in-place order to be issued Tuesday

Yay that's me! I read it was coming last night. I looked at the case numbers this morning and we have more than Harris county which is Houston. Not comforting. Hard to get what the actual numbers are for the specific counties. Our infamous 6th street has been boarded up for a week or so (I"m not sure when it started) to prevent looting.
edit on 23-3-2020 by pasiphae because: spelling

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm watching Trumps press conference. Based on what he's said so far it sounds as if he's about to change course completely and lift quarantine/tell businesses to reopen at the end of this two week period on April 2nd. He keeps saying the cure shouldn't be worse than the disease. I believe he wants to reopen businesses to get the economy going again.

He also said it won't be months like others are saying (I believe he means NY governor who said 3-4 months).

You can watch it live or watch the replay here: www.whitehouse.gov...
edit on 23-3-2020 by Mamana12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SoNotYabiz

Someone in Nigeria takes some drug, supposed to be Chloroquine when Most of the elderly are on it for Arthritis , some for years when theirs no problems, and as the world runs out because of demand , sounds like a scam to stop the rush. But yes don't self medicate its stupid anyway. Now it will be interesting to check if those on it for Arthritis or lupus have died of the Virus yet, I bet they are doing the checks now. Mind you if Trump says its a game changer, they will try to discredit it to get at Trump anyway what a world we live in.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamana12

If Governor Cuomo is extra cautious, he can keep his State closed while the rest of the country reopens for business.

But more than likely, New York California and Illinois will be the last to reopen. The governor of Illinois is looking at extending our stay at home and Business closure order Beyond April 7th. The 12 deaths in our state since February is just devastating.

www.worldometers.info...

edit on 3/23/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
We're being lied to, I'm sure we are.

I'm not even an ardent conspiracy theorist, I hate most of the theories, but 2 things:

1) people getting the infection - it takes 2 weeks to 3 weeks to kill you, so if cases confirmed was going up 2 weeks and 3 weeks ago, then deaths today will be going up.

But what we supposedly see in Italy is that the quarantine is working - and now both infections AND deaths are simultaneously going down together.

How can this be?

2) The most blatant piece of propaganda I have ever seen, I mean are people REALLY this dumb?

On BBC News right now (22:31 pm) in Madrid "doctors now remove one of these breathing tubes, and the patient breathes for thmemself" Hip hip hussar all round, all clapping and cheering - the doctors around the patient in full PPE kit - scrolls round to the pretty cheerleader girls behind (supposedly) - not a mask or any form of kit in sight - nothing.

Fully kitted out like on outbreak to nobody even having a simple mask - if someone can copy and paste that video - HONESTLY?

They don't know if this guy will live or not, he's on a ventilator, he's infected, the supposed doctors are in full bio kit - and all the dudes stood behind have perfect make up and not even a mask in sight?

Were being really REALLY played here.

This is nuts!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Watching the press conference: Changing the tone, down playing saying it’s an old people disease. 🤷‍♂️ Looks like they want to change the tone of severity. Yet Europe, France, Italy, and UK in total lock downs oh also Spain. I dunno sounds like they are scared of the economy. If we have a drug that can treat the disease, we may be able to get back to a relative form of normal. I do notice thou they are not going over the serious to critical statistics or the age groups in need of hospitalization.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Someone in Nigeria takes some drug, supposed to be Chloroquine when Most of the elderly are on it for Arthritis , some for years when theirs no problems, and as the world runs out because of demand , sounds like a scam to stop the rush. But yes don't self medicate its stupid anyway. Now it will be interesting to check if those on it for Arthritis or lupus have died of the Virus yet, I bet they are doing the checks now. Mind you if Trump says its a game changer, they will try to discredit it to get at Trump anyway what a world we live in.

The dude was from Arizona. He heard about it and went “wait, I’ve got that drug because it cleans my fish tank, let me self-dose so I don’t get the ‘Rona virus!” That’s the point. It’s otherwise a prescription drug, needs to be taken in prescription form, and there cannot be a “run” on the prescription form. It has not been properly tested for treatment of covid, so any pushback from the media about it being a “cure” has nothing to do with trump, and everything to do with not encouraging people to run out to Petsmart buying freaking fish tank cleaners. Please, can we all just stop with the “deep state conspiracy/TDS” angles.

Dude wasn’t “some Nigerian”

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

It says Nigeria www.axios.com...

top topics

<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join