It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 228
<< 225  226  227    229  230  231 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Who is the idiot that oversaw this mess, 130 infected passengers let off the cruise ship on Thursday.
ruby princess

Some of the decisions are so bad, it makes me start to wonder if some governments actually want spread of the disease.

You said it, I think so too.

It's just possible to be than incompetent, then again one has to wonder exactly how much money was offered by princess lines to the individual that made this decision.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I just heard the Olympics are now officially cancelled.
OK, I also just posted about 5 Toyota plants closing.
MIM "street-talk" now just maybe coming into place.

1. I mentioned that "panic stage 1 " is over. It mostly was about mask, toilet paper and hand cleaners (this is what I called the "silent panic "
2. Now I've come to the conclusion that "panic stage 2" will soon take affect. I don't live in any of the 5 areas where Toyota is closing (not permanent ), but I can tell you this: Toyota hires from overseas (well, a private company does and they do a 2 or 3 year contract) .
3. Now because every company wants cheap labor, we will soon find out that different cultures DO NOT mix well with the Japanese culture. This is my concern about #2 above. There's some mean look'n dudes from South America that work at them factories. I know, because I go camping and camped next to them over the last few years.
4. Expect Japan's economy to tank
5. Street Talk here: panic buying will soon set in, transportation will soon in many areas will be limited. (no talk on the street about quarantine neighborhoods. (but I can almost say, the S.A here are not going to go easy with having to stay in their home, especially when they run out of beer money, and that is a fact. Hope the Japanese got that well thought out.
6. As a foreigner I'm also worried about how the Japanese were quarantine in America during WW2. I'm serious about this one. It just take one small riot of foreigners to light the fire of distrust against all foreigners here. Seem to me Trump said something today about the Asian community. ( I think you folks know what I mean ) I got laughed at here because I said farmers are going to have to watch their gardens , I'm not joking about this either.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   
JMHO, but I think we have dodged the bullet this time. It ran just long enough to disprove the deniers, and expect a continued PITA for two to three weeks because of the Wuhan China Virus. But the answers and remedies seem obvious to me. Actually, in net, I think many good things will come from this "event."

Before I go back to another long time lurk mode, just want to express my profound thanks to DTOM, the other mods, and all the ATS posters that provided early warning and critical information to make this just a mild inconvienience. Best wishes to you all. Really hope we dont have to do this again.
edit on 24-3-2020 by Oleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
JMHO, but I think we have dodged the bullet this time. It ran just long enough to disprove the deniers, and expect a continued PITA for two to three weeks because of the Wuhan China Virus. But the answers and remedies seem obvious to me. Actually, in net, I think many good things will come from this "event."

Before I go back to another long time lurk mode, just want to express my profound thanks to DTOM, the other mods, and all the ATS posters that provided early warning and critical information to make this just a mild inconvienience. Best wishes to you all. Really hope we dont have to do this again.

I feel like I've missed something. You say this apropos of...?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Give Me Liberty to Freely Move among my Peers , or Give me Death by Coronavirus ! I'll take my Chances , or Die Like a Man .........

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Oh, it's not over, not by a long shot. These are early days. We'll have it under control in 18 months, though.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleman

Before returning to "lurker" mode, say a quick prayer for the people in the United Kingdom. 7 out of 10 people who are admitted to the hospital there for Covid-19, do not leave the hospital alive.

PRAY - www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Give Me Liberty to Freely Move among my Peers , or Give me Death by Coronavirus ! I'll take my Chances , or Die Like a Man .........

I was going to come out of permalurk mode long enough to explain myself, but you expressed it far better than I ever could!

My version would have been: we have cures, we have tests for infected and immune. We have this covered.

But, I like Zanti's version so much better!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

what if your peers - dont want to be " moved amongst " ??

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Before returning to "lurker" mode, say a quick prayer for the people in the United Kingdom. 7 out of 10 people who are admitted to the hospital there for Covid-19, do not leave the hospital alive.

Yes, you are right. Prayers to the families of Wuhan, Italy, and the other unfortunate souls who never wanted to be "early adopters," but got a horrifically bad roll of the dice in the game of life.

My heart and prayers go out to them and their families for their tragic losses.

Still, I thank GOD for the rest of us being able to begin resuming our "new normal."

This was a close one. We flirted with an ELE. We lucked out this time. Learn from it, and prepare.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Was just listening to a Doctor being interviewed on Sky News who has had the virus but did not develop serious symptoms who self isolated and self medicated with Paracetamol, liquids, chicken soup etc. She explained that the virus comes with a metallic taste in the mouth. First I had heard of this. Don't know what that might signify - maybe indicative of something added to the cocktail.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Oh, it's not over, not by a long shot. These are early days. We'll have it under control in 18 months, though.

18 months if we're lucky...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Infections don't just attack weaknesses in the human body. They also exploit weaknesses in human society.
Some disasters are small, and some disasters are just very far away. Covid-19 is neither. It’s big, and it’s here, and it’s fast. a reply to: Zanti Misfit

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The unfolding situation in Indonesia is scary, and sadly I predict it will be one of the worst outbreaks so far.

jakartaglobe.id...

edit on 24-3-2020 by tlearyus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tlearyus
The unfolding situation in Indonesia is scary, and sadly I predict it will be one of the worst outbreaks so far.

jakartaglobe.id...

Oh crap that is bad...

Six Indonesian Doctors Die From Covid-19, Cases Exceed 500 

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Here's NY's updated numbers:
www.worldometers.info...

Numbers from Johns Hopkins University.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   
From French Live Feed :

10h40 : Six Million FFP2 Masks destined for Germany 'Vanished' in Kenya last week. They were stolen from the Airport, where they were to be routed to Germany, for delivery the 20th March.

10h50 : New flight of one of the A330 'Phoenix' Medicalised Planes from Mulhouse, taking patients to Brittany this time.

10h55 : Rome seizes over 1800 'Respiratory Circuits' destined for Greece. This type of product is currently banned from Export. (They are used to connect the patient to the Anaesthetic/Assisted Breathing machine).

www.20minutes.fr...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
From Guardian Live Feed :

9.20am : At least 65 Irish Doctors are stuck in Australia, while trying to get back to Ireland to help fight the Virus.
There are no flights back to Ireland, as all the stopover airports are closed or refusing flights. They are asking Irish Govt to Charter a Plane so they can come home and help.

10.18am : Dutch Govt implements "Intelligent Lockdown"

All public gatherings regardless of size are now banned until 1 June, in a tightening of earlier restrictions that had banned events of more than 100 people. Some exemptions on weddings and funerals are to be set out by the government.

Mayors are empowered to close beaches, parks, campsites and other public spaces if people are not respecting social distancing rules that require them to keep 1.5 metres away from others.

Police will be given the power to break up groups of more than three people who fail to keep their distance in public, unless they live under the same roof. Individuals can be fined up to €400 (£372) and shops up to €4,000 for failing to follow the rules.

The Dutch government had already ordered the closures of schools, bars and restaurants, as well as cannabis cafes and sex clubs.

Rutte said the Netherlands was going into “intelligent lockdown” but warned that further restrictions would follow if current measures did not work.

10.34am : W.H.O. - "USA has potential to become Epicentre of Outbreak"
also on Twitter twitter.com...

Guardian Live Feed

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

The U.S will consume itself, it's already started. It's almost as if the citizens hate each other and want to see their peers die awful painful deaths, in the name of freedom .

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
A graph posted in a twitter reply to the USA becoming the next epicenter :

From this tweet :
twitter.com...

top topics

<< 225  226  227    229  230  231 >>

join