It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 164
<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2
Thank you. And to blackrabbit1. Yes, 2pm for UK is what I had in my head as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
a reply to: Karyotype

This is my hope because where I am... TX... it's going to get very hot very soon and with as many big cities as we have we're looking a HUGE problem in the coming weeks if it doesn't slow down.

Apparently this virus doesn't like hot weather.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777
I live in Alabama so I hope this is true, but even so it's still several weeks yet before the heat and humidity are really apparent

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
"Governor Larry Hogan
@GovLarryHogan
·
25m
As of this morning, Maryland has 149 confirmed cases of #COVID19—up from 17 cases just 1 week ago. Today’s new cases include the first infant & the first teenager. None of the cases of children under 18 are currently hospitalized. 2/3 of our cases are between the ages of 18-64."

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Watching BBCs live Boris Johnson conference. He just announced that as of tonight, pubs, clubs, restaurants, gyms, theatres, leisure centres etc are to close. Not optional, mandatory.

edit: Wow, they've also announced a Wage Replacement scheme. To encourage employers to not lay people off they're paying 80% of people's wages (up to a total of £2500 per month), which employers can then top up if they wish to. They're saying there's no limit to the budget for this
edit on 20-3-2020 by BlueSwan because: wage replacement

edit 2: No business will pay VAT until the end of June.
Anyone claiming Universal Credit and Working Tax Credit will get an extra £1000 a year (around 84 per month).
Housing Benefit to be increased to help out those renting.
edit on 20-3-2020 by BlueSwan because: VAT, benefits

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
"20 Of 44 Coronavirus Cases In Philadelphia Are Healthcare Workers
Health Commissioner Dr. Thomas Farley said Thursday that eight of the 44 people with the virus have been hospitalized. "

patch.com... oAAjXo1wy4IgFuEzjjYxek

Yeah, the same thing happened everywhere. They are the first line of defence and the first to get tested so get used to it. In many cases, they are the ones that spread the virus but it's not their fault. Most of the countries stopped unnecessary doctor visits to protect healthcare personel. We need them the most in this times

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Tell that to Saudi Arabia. Or Iran.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
"Heaven Frilot is normally a private person. But this is not a normal time. So she and her husband are now the face of the coronavirus for their conservative Louisiana community."

"Then Mark Frilot — 45 years old, “never, ever sick” — came home with a fever.

“I have been seeing a lot of posts about people taking this virus lightly and joking about it,” she began in a Facebook post. “Mark has tested positive for the coronavirus.”

Days earlier, it never occurred to Ms. Frilot (pronounced FREE-low) that her husband’s fever that Friday — 99 point something or another, low enough that she teased him for being a wuss — would lead to this, even as his condition rapidly worsened.

By March 8, a Sunday, his temperature was 101.9. The flu, urgent-care doctors in Kenner told him.

Wednesday night, and the fever had worsened. “I just couldn’t break it,” Ms. Frilot said, remembering how she alternated between Tylenol and Advil, just as the doctor prescribed. She found her husband sitting on the edge of the bathtub, wrapped in a towel, talking to himself.

Thursday morning, emergency room. Thursday night, ICU. Friday morning, intubation. Saturday, coronavirus test results: positive."

www.nytimes.com... ye7G0yKE

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Iran has cold weather and winters too
... the virus can spread in the hot weather but it's much slower so the rate of infections is much lower in coutries with warmer climate.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Latest figures released by China Mobile show that they have lost 8.116 million users in Jan and Feb. Where are these users now? Switched to other carriers? Or, they couldn't carry their phone to the nether world?

Jennifer Zeng Twitter

So where did those users go? Not to other carriers as they were on various states of lockdown or quarantine. Most businesses were closed so they couldn’t have visited a store to change providers.

You can see from the graph that this change is extremely unusual. Also note that most people in China don’t have PCs, their mobile phone is their PC, wallet and communications in one device. Masses of people just don’t shutdown their mobile phone accounts in China, it’s a basic necessity because most use WeChat for payments at stores, subways, buses etc. Changing providers in China is a major pain, I did it once in 12 years coz it’s not fun. Very complicated to change provider, reregister all your accounts because bound to your SIM and then deauthorize your banks on your phone.

edit on 20-3-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Spelling, clarify

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Italy's daily tally again shows that the lockdown hasn't worked.

nearly 6k new cases with another 627 deaths.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Italy's Numbers are in for today on Worldometers :

47,021 Total cases
+5,986 Cases for the day (OMG)
4,032 Total Deaths
+627 deaths Today.

www.worldometers.info...
edit on 20-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added link

More New cases today, that all of the recovered in Italy.
edit on 20-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Italy updated.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: baburak
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Iran has cold weather and winters too
... the virus can spread in the hot weather but it's much slower so the rate of infections is much lower in coutries with warmer climate.

This will explain India's low numbers and South America's at present and maybe Africa's, I expect to see an explosion of cases and deaths in these country's if the warm weather is holding it back.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Beat ya to it today.

Might give ya tmrw.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UFO1414

Might give you tmrw too.

On another note, is out of control in Italy, Spain, France and Germany.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueSwan

You'll get lots of people trying to scam the Government now. Claims will go through the roof and there won't be enough people working to investigate. Perfect time for scamming!

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Mine looks prettier.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Tell that to Saudi Arabia. Or Iran.

Not me but from official documents

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Cashier has, pneumonia considering she is overweight as well id wager its not going to go well.

The rest currently are just under observation.

<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join