It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 163
<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Sky News
@SkyNews
·
3m
BREAKING: Northwick Park Hospital in Harrow has declared a 'critical incident' due to a surge in patients with #COVID19.

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
'Critical incident' declared at Northwick Park hospital in London after surge in cases....

First of many no doubt. NHS ain't going to be able to hold out for much longer, Gov handling of this is abysmal.

Linky
edit on 20 3 20 by solarone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I am wondering why there is rationing and even shortages of meat at all. Just recently I had read that the meat storage facilities were brimming with surplus meat because the demand in China has gone down so much. That makes sense.
I think that as the situation continues to evolve we need to really examine and make decisions based on national security. Food is an issue of national security.
China is threatening us with withholding pharmaceuticals. They probably cannot produce them because so many are ill or dead.
We have the food and we should have number 1 priority.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissBeck
UK, France and Italy numbers are late out today. Wonder if there is a reason for this. It makes me a little nervous.

worldometers website

Sorry, just noticed UK has actually added 40 new deaths.

That's another 40 just for England I believe. Scotland, Wales and NI submit their numbers at another time of day. Happy to be corrected

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae
Everyone on ATS from Great Britain has been posting about their worries for over a month now.This was only a matter of time.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
More possibly good news

"A team of researchers unveiled the results of a new study last week that looked at how temperature and humidity may affect the transmission of COVID-19, the illness caused by the new coronavirus.

According to the researchers' findings, “High temperature and high relative humidity significantly reduce the transmission of COVID-19.” An increase of just one degree Celsius and 1% relative humidity increase substantially lower the virus’s transmission, according to the data analyzed by the researchers."
Source

link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Hmm, but looking at two other sites the UK cases figure shows 3297, but worldometers is showing 3269. Maybe they haven't updated the new cases part yet.

link   
I have a question for the British posters here.
I watched Boris's speech last night and I was struck by the nonverbal communication. There were door knobs facing each other on either side of him while he made the speech. To me it appeared as if two forces were facing off.
Is this the normal setting when he makes his speeches.
Just wondering?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtful1

I actually never got to watch last nights update. He normally says a bit, then has a question and answer type senario with reporters that are there as well.

LOL, I must apologise. When you wrote 'two door knobs' I thought you meant the people either side of him he normally has with him. having tracked down a clip of him, you actually meant two physical door knobs.
So, no, the setting last night looks different than normal.
edit on 20/3/2020 by MissBeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Do any of them need hospitalization? Stay safe out there.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This morning, crisis administrators from several healthcare providers who cover SFO met to discuss the ethics of choosing who gets a respirator and who doesn't when we get to that stage. Not if.

Let that sink in.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Karyotype

This is my hope because where I am... TX... it's going to get very hot very soon and with as many big cities as we have we're looking a HUGE problem in the coming weeks if it doesn't slow down.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The 40 deaths is UK wide, they report deaths and infections at different times. Still waiting for the UK wide infection figures. Its usually 2pm, but been late the past few days.

The BBC is noticeably not focusing on the infection figures much. check here for the latest update (still on yesterday's update)

www.gov.uk...

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
"The first drive-thru coronavirus testing center in Bergen County opened today with massive lines as hundreds came to get tested for the virus.

Get a live look at the scene at Bergen Community College as military and police personnel try to maintain order Friday morning. "

www.northjersey.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Canada: nearing 1,000 cases and at 12 deaths

My best friend, she and I were in the military together and she is still in, who was sent to CFB Trenton to help with those cruise ship passengers that are in quarantine has a sore throat this morning. Fingers crossed that she just has a cold.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissBeck
UK, France and Italy numbers are late out today. Wonder if there is a reason for this. It makes me a little nervous.

worldometers website

Sorry, just noticed UK has actually added 40 new deaths.

France usually has its number out around 7-8pm local time (6-7pm UK).
Just before the main news at 8pm.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Latest for NY. Seems we are over the 7000 mark:
www.syracuse.com...

There have been at least 7,102 confirmed cases and 35 deaths in New York as of 11:30 a.m. Friday, March 20,

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
His shopping experience at Whole Foods was completely different. No panic but they were out of chicken.

I would love someone to explain why this product was gone. 100%
Sparkling water.
There was not 1 bottle. No tonic water, no sparkling water of any type.
I suppose other peoples needs are other people's necessities.

Whole Foods has very specific criterion to purchase, place and sell chicken products.

Tonic water is a mythical based 'anti malaria'...quinine...not present in quantity by volume today, or for the past two decades at least.

Sparkling and ir still water is a Ph level knee jerk as well...

Hope this helps...

The flow of manufacturing resources is so astounding at this point in time. Prolific.

I'm watching multiple markets...the old Chinese proverb "Crisis is an opportunity" or

危機)

What nations never state or admit...millions upon millions of us have been to areas of conflict over 100's of years as families. Generations deep.

We are not an ignorant or poor people as a nation..(terrifies the globe)

I or my wife will support our own, neighbors and employees. She is medicine as a career.I will never get that out of her system...but we make sure daily we are safe.

Mg

edit on 03465252America/Chicago20_11America/Chicagoam by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: NxNWest
Canada: nearing 1,000 cases and at 12 deaths

My best friend, she and I were in the military together and she is still in, who was sent to CFB Trenton to help with those cruise ship passengers that are in quarantine has a sore throat this morning. Fingers crossed that she just has a cold.

What military?

EDIT: I bring this to a point as CFB Trenton is NOT simply Canadian.

What military? again....

Mg
edit on 03003232America/Chicago20_12America/Chicagopm by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
"20 Of 44 Coronavirus Cases In Philadelphia Are Healthcare Workers
Health Commissioner Dr. Thomas Farley said Thursday that eight of the 44 people with the virus have been hospitalized. "

patch.com... oAAjXo1wy4IgFuEzjjYxek

top topics

<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join