It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 306
<< 303  304  305    307  308  309 >>

join
share:
Gin

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   
U.S. coronavirus testing threatened by shortage of critical lab materials - Politico

Robert Redfield, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told Politico, which first reported the story, that he is worried about the supplies labs have of the chemicals, known as reagents.

CDC Director Robert Redfield told POLITICO on Tuesday that he is not confident that U.S. labs have an adequate stock of the supplies used to extract genetic material from any virus in a patient’s sample — a critical step in coronavirus testing.

“The availability of those reagents is obviously being looked at,” Redfield said Tuesday. “I’m confident of the actual test that we have, but as people begin to operationalize the test, they realize there’s other things they need to do the test.”

Uh oh. USA made millions of these kits but forgot to include the key reagents that makes the test work, and the reagents happen to be unavailable now.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Turkey, Istanbul first case confirmed. I am sure there are many infected here abd it can be like hell like in Italy. I hope i am wrong.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
twitter.com...

Poland to close schools, museums and cinemas

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The UK Health Minister has tested positive for it which likely means COBRA and the government have it.

In Italy it seems to be hospitalising the young and healthy in intensive care at the same rate as the elderly, staff are already collapsing from exhaustion while on shift and its barely begun with a 6% fatality and 9% intensive care rate so far which is around double the rate China was reporting.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
This is interesting from the Japanese press:
Even if the epidemic in Japan can be suppressed once, it is expected that cases where the infection is brought in from abroad will be repeated in the future because the epidemic is progressing worldwide.

Also there is now talk of doing away with the 10% sales tax. Really people, if things are looking a bit bleak, I think doing away with the tax is a good idea.
When I first moved here we didn't have it and the economy was pretty strong, but I do got to say it was expensive here back then.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

where are you getting the data from italy.
They said they have a few young people not that they are being hospitalized at the same rate...

Also you should take the scaremongering from italy with a grane of salt. Pictures from hospitals are there to convince the population to stay home. Some people are incredibly carelesss.

Finally , the tales from hospitals are really to be put in perspective...
They come from hospitals in lombardy, the most advanced region for hospital treatments. This thing is by far bigger than any of us can comprehend, and i don't trust anybody, but you should know healthcare is free in italy and people from all over italy have always been playing the system when faced with serious health concerns and found very easily ways to get treated in lombardy rather than at their place of residence

The authorities are only reporting the place the diagnosis took place and the place of hospitalization, until i see data from the place of residence of the people hospitalized , i will remain convinced that the overcrowding that is being reported is mostly due to one region so far taking in pneumonia patients actually residing in other regions

edit on 11-3-2020 by marshaxt because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2020 by marshaxt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
twitter.com...

Poland to close schools, museums and cinemas

They really need to do this everywhere.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
A bit more info and update: Wednesday Tokyo March 11 time (evening)

Central Bank of England cuts interest rates
Nearly 40% of ANA and Japan Airlines international flights are suspended or reduced
Kanagawa Two new infections confirmed New coronavirus
Tokyo: 6 new cases confirmed, 73 in total
Four new nursery teachers at Kobe Children's Garden New infection confirmed
Yen falls to the $ 105 / dollar range ( well this isn't good news for me )
Outbreak of 93 people in Seoul, South Korea Call center employees
Hiroshima travel agency cancels due to bankruptcy filing ( will probably be seeing much more of this on a worldwide scale)
Gasoline drops for 7 consecutive weeks ( we just ain't drive'n too much these days) still not cheap yet
Three new infections confirmed in Hokkaido A total of 118 new coronaviruses
edit on 0300000050412020-03-11T05:41:50-05:00415003am5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Bank of England cuts interest rates on the day of the Budget..

Ricciardo and Esteban in self isolation

Man City and Arsenal postponed due to some Arsenal players in self isolation

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JamieJJones

Wow. This basically confirms what my gut was telling me since the first week of February. Thank you for sharing. Edit... time has flown by... I was feeling this mid January
edit on 11-3-2020 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Posted on Facebook:

I am writing to you from Bergamo, Italy, at the heart of the coronavirus crisis. The news media in the US has not captured the severity of what is happening here. I am writing this post because each of you, today, not the government, not the school district, not the mayor, each individual citizen has the chance, today to take actions that will deter the Italian situation from becoming your own country’s reality. The only way to stop this virus is to limit contagion. And the only way to limit contagion is for millions of people to change their behavior today.

If you are in Europe or the US you are weeks away from where we are today in Italy.

I can hear you now. “It’s just a flu. It only affects old people with preconditions”

There are 2 reasons why Coronavirus has brought Italy to it’s knees. First it is a flu is devastating when people get really sick they need weeks of ICU – and, second, because of how fast and effectively it spreads. There is 2 week incubation period and many who have it never show symptoms.

When Prime Minister Conte announced last night that the entire country, 60 million people, would go on lock down, the line that struck me most was “there is no more time.” Because to be clear, this national lock down, is a hail mary. What he means is that if the numbers of contagion do not start to go down, the system, Italy, will collapse.

Why? Today the ICUs in Lombardy are at capacity – more than capacity. They have begun to put ICU units in the hallways. If the numbers do not go down, the growth rate of contagion tells us that there will be thousands of people who in a matter of a week? two weeks? who will need care. What will happen when there are 100, or a 1000 people who need the hospital and only a few ICU places left?

On Monday a doctor wrote in the paper that they have begun to have to decide who lives and who dies when the patients show up in the emergency room, like what is done in war. This will only get worse.

There are a finite number of drs, nurses, medical staff and they are getting the virus. They have also been working non-stop, non-stop for days and days. What happens when the drs, nurses and medical staff are simply not able to care for the patients, when they are not there?

And finally for those who say that this is just something that happens to old people, starting yesterday the hospitals are reporting that younger and younger patients – 40, 45, 18, are coming in for treatment.

You have a chance to make a difference and stop the spread in your country. Push for the entire office to work at home today, cancel birthday parties, and other gatherings, stay home as much as you can. If you have a fever, any fever, stay home. Push for school closures, now. Anything you can do to stop the spread, because it is spreading in your communities – there is a two week incubation period – and if you do these things now you can buy your medical system time.

And for those who say it is not possible to close the schools, and do all these other things, locking down Italy was beyond anyone’s imagination a week ago.

Soon you will not have a choice, so do what you can now.

Please share.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Anyone know if a current list is kept anywhere about which U.S. states have declared a state of emergency because of Covid-19?

I'm seeing bits here and there in the media, but no centralized, updated list.

Cheers

Here you are. coronavirus.1point3acres.com...

The map shows each state, colored with counter. The states with outlines are the ones who have declared state of emergency.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Paints a bleak future

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Forgive me if this has been posted, hav'nt had a chance to read all the posts since yesterday!

Latest numbers from Iran are 958 new cases today with 63 new deaths, total cases 9k.

South Korea's highest jump for a few days hits 242 new cases bringing total cases to 7,755.

Spain is up 372 so far today with 11 new deaths. Total cases 2,067.

Switzerland seems to have been flying under the radar but thats at 651 total cases with 154 new cases today.

www.worldometers.info/coronavirus

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Canada:

Provinces start offering in-home testing for novel coronavirus

provinces are planning to offer more in-home testing as they try to prevent patients with mild symptoms from overloading the country’s emergency departments.

Governments and public-health officials have grown increasingly concerned that hospitals won’t have the staff, beds or equipment to care for thousands of patients if the virus sweeps across Canada the way it has across Italy, site of the deadliest outbreak outside of China.

apple.news...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Forgive me if this has been posted, hav'nt had a chance to read all the posts since yesterday!

Latest numbers from Iran are 958 new cases today with 63 new deaths, total cases 9k.

South Korea's highest jump for a few days hits 242 new cases bringing total cases to 7,755.

Spain is up 372 so far today with 11 new deaths. Total cases 2,067.

Switzerland seems to have been flying under the radar but thats at 651 total cases with 154 new cases today.

www.worldometers.info/coronavirus

120 Countries or Territories.
Out of 195 Total, we're getting there, sadly

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Our Canadian Prime Minister attended the same mining conference in Toronto where the latest Ontario case (from Sudbury) attended.

Also, our Natural Resources Minister Seamus O’Regan and International Trade Minister Mary Ng were there. Seamus O’Reagan feels like he had a head cold and is now in self-isolation.

22,000 attended the conference.

apple.news...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Hey folks, look, this is going to happen at all airports . Yes, I know my recent post have been pretty thick with "panic", in which I even said "I'm a bit sorry" about it. So I guess when I or even now many of us here can see the possibilities happening in the near future, should we be "hey, your post are too thick".
Anyway, I knew this would take a turn since we have the only airport in the prefecture. Actually I wouldn't want to be working at a business in any international airport for a while.

Narita Airport Terminal Store Temporary closure and shortening of business hours
March 11, 2020 21:13

With the spread of the new coronavirus, at Narita Airport, where aircraft are being suspended and flights are being reduced, stores in the terminal building have been temporarily closed and business hours have been reduced.

Due to the spread of the new coronavirus infection, Narita Airport has been continually suspended and reduced flights, with only 12 flights arriving on the 11th from China, including Hong Kong and Macau, and 3 from Korea.

As a result, of the 315 stores in the terminal building, 12 have been closed temporarily from the 11th, and 186 stores have reduced operating hours.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I've been trying to figure out why Russia and Saudi would suddenly start an oil war, at a time the world is trying to work through a pandemic thats wrecking the economy.

It made no sense, there was no urgency in it, Saudi did not need to flood the markets and slash prices suddenly.

Then I remembered weeks ago a news report out of New Zealand that a sudden large influx of private jets were landing at NZ Airports.. I cant find the article now but i remember reading it.

The OIL War, its not an oil war... Its the super rich pulling out as much money as they can from their market holdings. Saudi was used as the smoke screen...

If the uber rich suddenly withdrawn nearly a trillion.. it would be a massive and obvious move.. but an oil crash...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
Posted on Facebook:

I am writing to you from Bergamo, Italy, at the heart of the coronavirus crisis. The news media in the US has not captured the severity of what is happening here. I am writing this post because each of you, today, not the government, not the school district, not the mayor, each individual citizen has the chance, today to take actions that will deter the Italian situation from becoming your own country’s reality. The only way to stop this virus is to limit contagion. And the only way to limit contagion is for millions of people to change their behavior today.

If you are in Europe or the US you are weeks away from where we are today in Italy.

I can hear you now. “It’s just a flu. It only affects old people with preconditions”

There are 2 reasons why Coronavirus has brought Italy to it’s knees. First it is a flu is devastating when people get really sick they need weeks of ICU – and, second, because of how fast and effectively it spreads. There is 2 week incubation period and many who have it never show symptoms.

When Prime Minister Conte announced last night that the entire country, 60 million people, would go on lock down, the line that struck me most was “there is no more time.” Because to be clear, this national lock down, is a hail mary. What he means is that if the numbers of contagion do not start to go down, the system, Italy, will collapse.

Why? Today the ICUs in Lombardy are at capacity – more than capacity. They have begun to put ICU units in the hallways. If the numbers do not go down, the growth rate of contagion tells us that there will be thousands of people who in a matter of a week? two weeks? who will need care. What will happen when there are 100, or a 1000 people who need the hospital and only a few ICU places left?

On Monday a doctor wrote in the paper that they have begun to have to decide who lives and who dies when the patients show up in the emergency room, like what is done in war. This will only get worse.

There are a finite number of drs, nurses, medical staff and they are getting the virus. They have also been working non-stop, non-stop for days and days. What happens when the drs, nurses and medical staff are simply not able to care for the patients, when they are not there?

And finally for those who say that this is just something that happens to old people, starting yesterday the hospitals are reporting that younger and younger patients – 40, 45, 18, are coming in for treatment.

You have a chance to make a difference and stop the spread in your country. Push for the entire office to work at home today, cancel birthday parties, and other gatherings, stay home as much as you can. If you have a fever, any fever, stay home. Push for school closures, now. Anything you can do to stop the spread, because it is spreading in your communities – there is a two week incubation period – and if you do these things now you can buy your medical system time.

And for those who say it is not possible to close the schools, and do all these other things, locking down Italy was beyond anyone’s imagination a week ago.

Soon you will not have a choice, so do what you can now.

Please share.

www.facebook.com...[/q uote]

I was in the middle of reading this on Facebook when the post disappeared. Are Facebook taking down posts or is it a glitch?

top topics

<< 303  304  305    307  308  309 >>

join