It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 305
<< 302  303  304    306  307  308 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   

APPLE SOLD FEWER THAN 500,000 IPHONES IN CHINA IN FEBRUARY, ACCORDING TO GOVERNMENT DATA, A PLUNGE OF MORE THAN 60% COMPARED TO THE SAME MONTH LAST YEAR

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   

edit on 0300000040152020-03-11T01:15:40-05:00154003am1 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Anyone know if a current list is kept anywhere about which U.S. states have declared a state of emergency because of Covid-19?

I'm seeing bits here and there in the media, but no centralized, updated list.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Update Mar.10/20 - 11pm EST
Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Global Cases (by JHU CSSE)
gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Canada * 36-Toronto,Ontario, 39-British Columbia, 14-Alberta, 4-Quebec
Cruise Ship 43-Canadians are currently infected -- Total 93+43=136
www.canada.ca... nuary-4-2018/canadas-pandemic-plan.html

coronavirus.1point3acres.com... USA & Canada Updates

Mar.01/20 - 4 more confirm + 20 Canada = Total 24
Mar.02/20 - 3 more confirm + 24 Canada = Total 27
Mar.03/20 - 6 more confirm + 27 Canada = Total 33
Mar.04/20 - 1 more confirm + 33 Canada = Total 34
Mar.05/20 - 14 more confirm + 34 Canada = Total 48
Mar.06/20 - 6 more confirm + 48 Canada = Total 54
Mar.07/20 - 6 more confirm + 54 Canada = Total 60
Mar.08/20 - 6 more confirm + 60 Canada = Total 66
Mar.09/20 - 11 more confirm + 66 Canada = Total 78
Mar.10/20 - 15 more confirm + 78 Canada = Total 93

Feb.27/20 - 131 more confirm + 139 Iran = Total 270
Feb.28/20 - 118 more confirm + 270 Iran = Total 388
Feb.29/20 - 205 more confirm + 388 Iran = Total 593
Mar. 1/20 - 385 more confirm + 593 Iran = Total 978
Mar. 2/20 - 523 more confirm + 978 Iran = Total 1,501
Mar. 3/20 - 835 more confirm + 1,501 Iran = Total 2,336
Mar. 4/20 - 586 more confirm + 2,336 Iran = Total 2,922
Mar. 5/20 - 591 more confirm + 2,922 Iran = Total 3,513
Mar. 6/20 - 1,234 more confirm + 3,513 Iran = Total 4,747
Mar. 7/20 - 1,076 more confirm + 4,747 Iran = Total 5,823
Mar. 8/20 - 743 more confirm + 5,823 Iran = Total 6,566
Mar. 9/20 - 595 more confirm + 6,566 Iran = Total 7,161
Mar.10/20 - 881 more confirm + 7,161 Iran = Total 8,042

Feb.27/20 - 202 more confirm + 453 Italy = Total 655
Feb.28/20 - 234 more confirm + 655 Italy = Total 889
Feb.29/20 - 239 more confirm + 889 Italy = Total 1,128
Mar. 1/20 - 566 more confirm + 1,128 Italy = Total 1,694
Mar. 2/20 - 342 more confirm + 1,694 Italy = Total 2,036
Mar. 3/20 - 466 more confirm + 2,036 Italy = Total 2,502
Mar. 4/20 - 586 more confirm + 2,502 Italy = Total 3,089
Mar. 5/20 - 769 more confirm + 3,089 Italy = Total 3,858
Mar. 6/20 - 778 more confirm + 3,858 Italy = Total 4,636
Mar. 7/20 - 1,247 more confirm + 4,636 Italy = Total 5,883
Mar. 8/20 - 1,492 more confirm + 5,883 Italy = Total 7,375
Mar. 9/20 - 1,797 more confirm + 7,375 Italy = Total 9,172
Mar.10/20 - 977 more confirm + 9,172 Italy = Total 10,149

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Anyone know if a current list is kept anywhere about which U.S. states have declared a state of emergency because of Covid-19?

I'm seeing bits here and there in the media, but no centralized, updated list.

Cheers

As of March 10, 2020

Washington State

California

Maryland

Florida

San Antonio (Bexar County), Texas

Indiana

Kentucky

Pennsylvania

New York

Oregon

Colorado

Utah

Rhode Island

Ohio

New Jersey

North Carolina

Connecticut

www.trincoll.edu...

edit on 3/11/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JamieJJones

When I posted yesterday I didn't want to say too much because I didn't want to get myself into trouble, but having slept on it I guess what does it matter any more, and also I said things would become clear, and since I posted Merkel has announced that 60%-70% (58 million) Germans will get the disease (here: merkel).

So. Almost 4 weeks ago I was told that a big part of the concern was that this is the most contageous disease that they have ever seen - by a long way.

People find it hard to believe this could have an R0 of 20-30, but that was the figure I was told was the best guess almost 4 weeks ago, and that it could be higher. I think it's clear now it's much higher.

Essentially all that you have to do is walk into a room with someone with the disease and you've almost certainly contracted it too.

Whatever country you live in - at least 50% (best case) and probably more realistically 90% of the population will get the virus.

Now the bad news.

It became clear in meetings that even senior "officials" (including medical officials) have their ideas of what a pandemic will look like shaped almost entirely from fiction - films and tv series, and probably the walking dead and zombie horror films - I kid you not.

The consensus of opinion was that it doesn't matter how contageous it is, as long as it doesn't have a 30%, 40%, etc kill rate then everything will just blow over.

This is wrong, this is not how epidemics work.

The more deadly a disease the less widespread it will be since it rapidly overwhelms and incapacitates it's victims, meaning they can't pass it onto many other people and it rapidly destroys itself.

The most contageous diseases spread like wildfire because they create very mild (if any noticeable) illness, meaning people can continue to interact and spread it farther and farther and farther.

You only need a CFR of around 1.8-2.5% with a highly contageous disease to create a catastrophic event - and that is exactly what we have here, except it's worse than that.

This disease causes no illness while the infected person is contageous for up to a month, meaning they spread it like crazy, and on top of that it is highly contractable.

While this has a DIRECT "kill rate" of maybe 2% with medical intervention, it will hospitalise up to 20% of the people who contract it, with a large number of those needing intensive medical intervention (ventilating, powerful drugs to combat secondary bacterial infections, etc).

The problem is that we do not have the medical infrastructure to provide that level of care when say 58 million people (as Merkel predicts) in one country are ill.

Those people will not get any form of medical intervention and the vast majority will sadly simply die (it's already happening in Italy, just like it did in Wuhan: Italy).

The knock on effect as the medical system crashes is that people with other illnesses that require medical intervention will also not receive care - heart attacks, people requiring operations, even a burst appendix - will all become fatal illnesses.

The tertiary medical issue is that the supply chain of drugs will simply cease to exist - people who need drugs to combat illness, whether bacterial infections or other long term health issues will simply no longer have access to those drugs with the appropriate outcome.

Then to top it all off with so many bodies to deal with and other parts of the infrastructure breaking down, you will see outbreaks of Cholera, Dissentry, Typhoid and various other nasties on top.

Whatever number your government is telling you now is the official total of infected people, it's the top of the tip of the iceberg, the true numbers are tens of thousands already, and they are going to start to become ill any time in the next 1 to 3 weeks.

At that point it will be impossible for your government to hide the truth any more, but it won't matter it will be chaos by then so they'll have no need to try and avoid panic.

Take care.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Very interesting reading.

Keep up the posts

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   
'“Do not go en masse to stock up in supermarkets: it is the worst thing because you concentrate and the risk of contacts with infected people who do not know they are higher. You can go there as you usually do.'

Despite his warning, many Italians have done exactly that today with long queues forming outside supermarkets.

The virus is spreading so fast in Italy that doctors are making comparisons to wartime triage medics deciding who lives, who dies and who gets access to intensive care.

Another medic in northern Italy told a friend in the UK that hospitals were running at '200 per cent capacity' with operating theatres hurriedly converted into intensive care units.“

www.thebigwobble.org...

Latest covid news compiled

You will find an assortment of news each day here.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Report from northern Italy. Found on the daily wobble website.
edit on 11-3-2020 by Strifingsoul because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2020 by Strifingsoul because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2020 by Strifingsoul because: Link fixed

edit on 11-3-2020 by Strifingsoul because: Addition of quotation from daily mail article

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Extremely serious question for the EMTs RNs and MDs:

I was fortunate enough to buy a DDT-2A oxygen concentrator (2L/m 90%) before the price went up the roof.

I did a bit of study on entrachial intubation, and decided that it was a procedure that should not be attempted at home by a novice. My understanding is that if I could avoid puncturing the "victim's" lung, serious anesthetics are required to prevent the patient from rejecting/ejecting the intubation.

But, compared to a mechanical ventilator, doesnt entrachial intubation provide about the same result with less danger of injuring the patient's lungs?

EDIT: Oops! Posted to wrong thread. But maybe better that I leave it here.
edit on 11-3-2020 by Oleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414

I have a confession to make..

Ever since touching your face is a top 3 taboo, I can't stop! It's like reverse psychology. Tell me to not touch my face and I touch it 5x more. Weird. Maybe that's just me.

How 'bout telling me to not buy masks. Oh wait...

Funny you should mention that. Whenever I have gone out lately, my nose will start itching like crazy. Like it is begging me to scratch it with my fingertips. It's all I can do to keep my hands away from my nose to kill that itch.

Oh yeah, about the dry cough thing. Pretty tough around here to NOT cough with pollen going crazy from the oak and pine trees, and someone nearby is cutting down their woods and burning a bunch of it. So pine smoke and pollen is filling up the air all around me. Hmm, maybe the guy knocking down and burning his woods just got tired of the pollen.

Starting to get a bit hairy here in Florida. Some sources are saying 28 cases and others saying only 23. Nothing breathing down my neck nearby right now, but I don't believe the confirmed cases statistic is telling anything near what the true story is about infectious carriers roaming about.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   
newsletter.thaivisa.com...
Immigration officer on duty at Suvarnabhumi airport contracts Covid-19, reports Thai media

In a breaking news item Thai Rath has just reported that a hospital in Lat Krabang said an immigration officer has come in with symptoms of Covid-19.

Thai Rath said sources suggested that the officer was working on a booth in the international arrivals/departures at Bangkok's main airport Suvarnabhumi.

Sources said the officer had contracted the virus while on duty despite taking precautions like wearing a face mask.

And how many passports of arriving or departing passengers did he infect which in-turn will infect the passport holder ?

According to Pichaya, the staff who works at the outgoing passenger screening checkpoint is now in quarantine at the hospital.

edit on 727thk20 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Thanks Clay!!

Cheers

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

From memory when you enter thailand you need to press your thumb on a pad at immigration. Then hand your passport to the officer. He then presses keys on a keyboard and hands it back

In that process there are many different avenues of infection...

No doubt once infected he infected multiple people coming in.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Thanks Clay!!

Cheers

Supreme comander of the polish army got corona virus after troop visit in germany 🤨😅

www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: 727Sky

From memory when you enter thailand you need to press your thumb on a pad at immigration. Then hand your passport to the officer. He then presses keys on a keyboard and hands it back

In that process there are many different avenues of infection...

No doubt once infected he infected multiple people coming in.

I believe it is the same way at the Quad City international airport in Moline Illinois.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JamieJJones

The more deadly a disease the less widespread it will be since it rapidly overwhelms and incapacitates it's victims, meaning they can't pass it onto many other people and it rapidly destroys itself.

The most contageous diseases spread like wildfire because they create very mild (if any noticeable) illness, meaning people can continue to interact and spread it farther and farther and farther.

This disease causes no illness while the infected person is contageous for up to a month, meaning they spread it like crazy, and on top of that it is highly contractable.

Your first paragraph above is nonsense in this case, 'this virus is deadly' (the advertised recovery rate is absolute inflated nonsense whilst equally the kill rate is underrated nonsense) - the incubation period combined with your following two paragraphs above more than prove that simple fact.

It cannot kill itself out in this manner due to the fact that if 1 infected person say conservatively infects 7 by walking around symptom free for up to 3 weeks then all those 7 get infected and infect 35 others all at different times then those 35 infect 245 and so on then it will never kill itself out. Unless of course total lockdown fullstop is enacted. Hence whats starting to unfold.

127 deaths in italy in 24 hours (apparently-likely more) - this virus is a ELE virus and the sooner the human population is put into total lockdown fullstop for minimum 10 weeks the sooner we will possibly kill this virus of.

However i agree with pritty much everything else you've said without any shadow of a doubt.

Beware -
Pestilence and the "mark" these are more than troubling times immediately ahead.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
A little update on information.

Symptoms from infected people
Fever 88% of the total (that is pretty high )
Cough 68% (this is what every one is also saying (a dry cough ) so please wear a mask when going outside
Shortness of breath 19% (probably much higher in older age people
Throat pain 14% (it is my understanding they take a throat culture for the test)
Headache 14% (if you have a nagging wife, maybe higher)

Also
In addition, it is said that symptoms appear on average 5 to 6 days after infection.

Approximately 80% of infected people had relatively mild symptoms and sometimes no pneumonia.

This doesn't sound good at all:
The fatality rate is higher as the age increases, and the fatality rate of infected persons over the age of 80 is 21.9%, one in five.

take care people

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   

You make much sense in your post, I'm curious though as to why you think you would be in trouble with this post, the conclusion you co m e to has been spit balled on these threads already a bunch of times, perhaps not as directly as your post, none t h e less t h e idea has been thrown on the table.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Hey All,

Been away fishing, so no chance to stay on top of the thread.

Hope these haven't been posted yet.

An article on the urgent need for social isolation in Australia (and really, for anywhere that has Corona at the moment).

For those not aware, the Grattan institute is a research institute in Australia that informs public policy.

And an indication (twitter) of what life is like in Italy right now (and an example of what happens to your health system when you leave it too late to act).

Pretty scary stuff.

I honestly cannot fathom what is taking our Gov, here in Oz, so long to act - it is as plain as the hole in my butt what happens when you don't try to get out in front of this thing.

To be fair - I feel like the klaxon is gonna start ringing real soon, and I'll be telecommuting with a house full of kids doing remote schooling. Countdown on.

Catch y'all on the flip side.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
Ontario, Canada

Breaking: Health unit confirms first case of COVID-19 in Sudbury and Manitoulin districts

This is literally 3+ hours north of Toronto. In the middle of nowhere.

Man in his 50s attended PDAC March 2 and 3; fellow attendees asked to monitor for symptoms.

That is seriously dramatic. Sudbury is a population of 165,000 people - a city - and is by no means the middle of nowhere. I know it well but that seems to be the thought of anyone not from the North. People from other Northern cities go there for things like Cancer treatment. Also, it’s not like the fine citizens of Sudbury don’t travel. Such as how this fellow went to a conference:

it is known that on March 2 and 3, this individual attended the PDAC (Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada) 2020 convention in Toronto.

Your post makes it sound like you are surprised that someone in the “middle of nowhere” would get the virus.

www.sudbury.com...

edit on 11-3-2020 by NxNWest because: Spelling

top topics

<< 302  303  304    306  307  308 >>

join