It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 242
<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

originally posted by: pasiphae
I'm definitely noticing how many people have been posting about getting sick with something very unusual. This has been over the last day or two. Yikes!

This crap coursed through our workplace. People were sick for an average of 10 - 14 days.

Since there were no COVID-19 test kits, we just "had bronchitis ... or the flu". At least no one died that I know of.

Too many stories with people all experiencing weird or known symptoms of Corona that I really believe we're already well into the millions that are or have been infected in the US. It been spreading unabated since early Jan. they just wouldn't test most for it.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Confirmation of 2nd Case in South Africa

7 March , 2020
The Minister of Health wishes to advise all South Africans that a second case of COVID-19 has now been confirmed in South Africa.

The 39 year old lady who is from Gauteng is a direct contact to the first case from KwaZulu-Natal. She was part of the group of 10 that had travelled to Italy.

The public must be notified that we have information and know the whereabouts of all the other 10 people who were part of the group that had travelled to Italy. All those who came back to South Africa, are currently being tested. We are now awaiting their test results to come out. Since being traced, they have remained in isolation to avoid any further contact with third parties.

The second patient who has now tested positive for COV-19 will now be immediately admitted to a public health facility in Gauteng that government has identified as one of the hospitals that are ready to receive COVID-19 positive patients. We are now following all the protocols that we have already publicly announced to the public in dealing with this case. We will keep the public fully informed on all relevant

Link

And the doctors here are still all saying to the public that it's just like a bad case of the flu.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
Too many stories with people all experiencing weird or known symptoms of Corona that I really believe we're already well into the millions that are or have been infected in the US. It been spreading unabated since early Jan. they just wouldn't test most for it.

I'm waiting for the next stage of this ... when they start admitting that everyone who has been 'contaminated' by this bio-weapon is now HIV positive.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reckon we're 1 week away from more cases outside China than inside.

Confirmed anyway, and not that I believe China's data.
edit on 7-3-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
We have seen how bad this can get on a couple of cruise ships now. What will happen to the Navy's of the world, if ships start becoming infected?

Or when they start using hospital ships?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been mentioned. A hotel that was being used as a quarantine area has collapsed!

Coronavirus: Dozens trapped as China quarantine hotel collapses

edit on 7/3/2020 by MissBeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: pasiphae
I'm definitely noticing how many people have been posting about getting sick with something very unusual. This has been over the last day or two. Yikes!

I am thinking that maybe the reason the authorities are saying not to worry. They already have the Intel saying that 18% of the US's population either already had it or is in the process of suffering through it.

I would love to see the real intel these people have.

I get the feeling that the old , "it's bad, but it's not that bad", is coming from the higher ranks os probably accurate and they got the numbers to back it up.

But that doesn't change the fact that countries are shutting down and cities are being shut off from the world.

It just doesnt add up.

FaceBook and Google will have the info, thru FaceBook, obviously, and Gmail.
If they read each one for keywords etc, they should have a good amount of info on the timeline, propagation, etc...

They share that info with Govts, maybe not all of them.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Can we direct the "I had a cough 3 weeks ago, it must have been corona" posts to the thread already open thread asking if anyone has it. Cause I'm 99% certain none of you do as no one has even mentioned being specifically tested for covid-19.

And the exponential spread is only just taking off in the last week on the international stage. The people saying they had it already are the same ones who said this was nothing cause they were so few worldwide infections a month and this is their way of justifying how rapidly it has spread, 'it must have already been around just nobody knew/tested for it."

Can someone link the thread I mean please?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Blimey, Italy is running at the same rate as China and up to 5,883 cases with 1,247 new cases today and 233 deaths altogether.

Lets not forget Italy is nowhere near China in Area which means it could infect a whole lot more Italians as the space isn't there to get away from it, same as a lot of other Country's.

Malta have joined the list of Country's to have a case

edit on 7-3-2020 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Uk is now up to 206 cases. The BBC website has a map showing numbers in regions, but it also states at the bottom 56 case areas are unknown.

link   
Evening summary (from The Guardian Coronavirus live update blog) 12:18 p.m. Central Time U.S.
I’m handing this blog over to the night team now. Thanks for joining me.

Here’s a summary of the news so far today:

It was now “highly likely” the infection will spread in the UK in a “significant way”, a No 10 spokesman has said.

The number of coronavirus cases in Germany has hit 684 on Saturday morning, an increase of 45 overnight.

Authorities in the US are preparing to test passengers on the coronavirus-hit cruise ship Grand Princess, after 21 people on board tested positive for the illness.

Nicola Zingaretti, the leader of Italy’s Democratic party (PD), which governs the country in coalition with the Five Star Movement (M5S), has tested positive for coronavirus.

The pope will make Sunday blessings via a streaming service from inside the Vatican, instead of appearing in person in St Peter’s Square, it was announced.

British health officials say the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the UK has risen from 164 to 206, an increase of 42 from Friday.

NHS England has confirmed it will provide GP surgeries with personal protective equipment (PPE) to help them deal with the coronavirus outbreak

Cases in both Italy and Iran have increased by more than 1,000 in 24 hours.

The family of the 83-year-old man who died after testing positive for coronavirus have paid tribute to him in a statement released on Saturday afternoon.
edit on 3/7/2020 by Karyotype because: (no reason given)

link   

I'm waiting for the next stage of this ... when they start admitting that everyone who has been 'contaminated' by this bio-weapon is now HIV positive.

We're all wondering when the other shoe is going to drop. There HAS to be more to this than mild flu type symptoms.

You wouldn't be disinfecting your city streets like that or let your economy be decimated for nothing.

I don't think we will ever know, but maybe we will be told, when the people responsible are long dead and gone, safe from any repercussions to their actions.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I've been thinking about that aswell... wouldn't that be a funking bad day?

Whoever concocted this virus, needs hanging!

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: puzzled2
Exactly.
No one said anything about shutting down the power grid, just nuclear power plants, which if unmanned or severely undermanned, represent a danger to far more than just people in the plant or the immediate vicinity.

Why would they be left unmanned? You can man a nuclear power plant while suffering from a pneumonia. I went to work for two weeks before I was diagnosed with pneumonia; could have continued to work afterwards too If it was necessary I do so.

Unless you are suggesting power plant workers are for some reason going to be in the 30-20% who are going to have the most critical cases. That doesn't seem statistically likely.
edit on 7-3-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
New York State declares Emergency,

Governor Andrew Cuomo has declared a state of emergency in New York state after the number of coronavirus cases almost doubled in 24 hours.

Mr Cuomo said the number of confirmed coronavirus cases had risen from 44 to 76 in the state, with 11 in New York City.

From BBC Live Feed, just before it closed :

www.bbc.com...
edit on 7-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

edit on 7-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling again

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I was drinking green tea all day and I took Vitamin C, B-12, B-1, B-2, B-6, beta-phenyl-gamma-aminobutyric acid, GABA, Bacopa Monnieri, and a heaping dose of Kratom. Pretty much everything I had in my cabinet that could make me feel better. And of course Advil for the fever.

I’m not sure any of that would have led to all my symptoms just vanishing like they did though. Not going to lie, one of the first things I thought about was a remote control virus. Imagine if there was a virus made out of nanobots or maybe half organic and half technology that could be released and then turned off at will..

Thank you for sharing your experience as it went down. Your experience is a very interesting anecdote in this whole weird narrative we are all watching unfold. I hope you stay healthy!!

edit on 3/7/2020 by new_here because: (no reason given)

link   

We're all wondering when the other shoe is going to drop. There HAS to be more to this than mild flu type symptoms.

You wouldn't be disinfecting your city streets like that or let your economy be decimated for nothing.

I don't think we will ever know, but maybe we will be told, when the people responsible are long dead and gone, safe from any repercussions to their actions.

I have no medical background to base my opinion on but this is what I think the other shoe may be. I believe if we ever get the truth it will be that China had a release of a true bio-weapon in Wuhan and released the virus as cover for that screw up. As for if the Chinese did it on purpose or not, (bio-weapon) just make a guess but it would be a quick and dirty way of dispelling dissidents.
Just a thought

edit on 3/7/2020 by Karyotype because: can't type

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Just a video of CCP using bioweapon-like decontamination procedures in city streets...

Twitter Jennifer Zeng

“But it’s just the flu.”

We might have the Corona virus flu but whatever happened in Wuhan is not the virus.

I love that first video.
its Storm troopers!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MuldersMate
Cause I'm 99% certain none of you do as no one has even mentioned being specifically tested for covid-19.

You're absolutely right. You need to actually test for it to identify there is a problem.

Not like this farce in the US with broken tests, having to beg to be tested, then having your doctor pleading to have you tested. It's akin to using the ostrich with it's head in the sand analogy as the cornerstone of your pandemic response. - it's insane.

I think you're vastly underestimating how bad this has actually spread.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well, that didn't take long for NY: New York governor declares state of emergency.
www.yahoo.com...

12:14 p.m. 76 cases in New York prompts state of emergency New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo declared a state of emergency after the total number of confirmed cases rose to 76. There are now 57 cases in Westchester, 11 in New York City, four in Rockland County, two in Rockland County, and two in Saratoga County, according to Cuomo. Cuomo acknowledged that the situation in Westchester "is obviously a problem for us." He announced that all nursing homes and senior citizen centers in the immediate New Rochelle area would suspend outside visitors.

<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join