It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 208
<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
There now is a 20% decrease of users for the train stations in Tokyo. (What does that mean )?
1. more people are working at home
2. more people are sick at home
3. more people that can, are riding bicycles
4. more people just not showing up for work (single mothers now staying home and other mothers too, watching the kids at home. School is out also, this will bring ridership down also.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Coronavirus Vaccine Developed 4 Years Ago Never Tested

Scientists in Texas had developed a vaccine to protect against a deadly strain of coronavirus four years ago, but were forced to stop work on it because they did not have enough money to test it on humans, NBC News is reporting.

Source

link   
Surprised this made it past the censors...

Twitter Video

The guy in the dark brown jacket is Vice Premier Chen and the people shouting (not the narrator) are yelling “everything is fake.” at him. This is at an apartment block in Wuhan.

That’s some brave Chinese folks right there. They disappear people for this type of stuff.

Wonder if this is linked to the sudden purchase of 500+ homes in the US by Chinese buyers last week. Sight unseen. CCP officials are known for having houses and mistresses abroad.

link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Related?

linky
edit on Thu Mar 5 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FellowHuman
a reply to: burdman30ott6

From my understanding and tiny amount of research. The coronavirus that is one among many viruses that are attributed to the common cold, is a different type of coronavirus from the one we are dealing with here. The one we are dealing with now is connected with the coronavirus that causes sars and mers, which is much worse than the common cold.

In otherwords, there are many different types of coronaviruses. The one that we are dealing with here, officially is named SARS-CoV-2. And is much worse than the ones that cause the common cold.

Influenza virus and corona virus is like chihuahua and pitbull.
The chihuahua might bite a bit, but the pitbull bites your #ing arm off man.
Coronaviruses have some flu like symptoms, but can make you ill in totally viriable ways. Destroy your Kidneys, Lungs, Brain, testicles, make you bleed out of all openings etc.
This coronavirus does all, but the last bit with the bleeding, but might do this if its mutating.
Sounds like fun? 😁👍🏻

Also forget about a working vaccine... there is no good one for sars yet... all failed (but sars is not to contagious... so its not such a big deal to begin with, but very deadly)
Thing is... sars cov2 is less deadly, but 20% severe cases nontheless!
In italy 50% hospitalized and over 10% ICU needy! That will kill your healthcare faster than your can say flushot 😂🚀
Anyway its not to be contained, maximum a slowdown possible. Pray to god its slow enough for economy and bealthcare to step up their game.

Worst about it is reinfection each year could be possible, no real immunity after being ill seems to be very real...
And you keep some damage in several organs. So even when you live you might end up pretty #ed up.

Crazy Virus if you ask me. It has all tools what it takes...

edit on 5-3-2020 by Strifingsoul because: (no reason given)

Next 4 weeks will escalate this thing to China level everywhere, where its now over 100 cases. Mark my words
edit on 5-3-2020 by Strifingsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Wow! Serious f-ed.

Doesn’t CA health services have their own test before shipping sample for CDC confirmation? Is that bureaucratic red tape specific to CA?

In AZ the govt tests the sample locally, classified as presumed positive if the AZ shows that and send to CDC for confirmation. It’s clear from our AZ dashboard that CDC is not processing tests quickly. Our state lab can do a test in 24 hours. They also update the dashboard everyday between 9am and 1030am.

Can’t the state with the largest GDP get that done?

You're missing the part that the CDC has to approve first. The hospitals may say "presumptive positive" but then get the roadblock at the CDC to add it to the official count.

Maybe the "control" part of "Centers for Disease Control" means something different to us than it means to them?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
No new infections in China... internet says no...

“No, you can’t shoot videos here.” Nurse says. This is at the Central Hospital in #Dongguan city in #Guangdong . Out of 6 workers in a factory who just came back to work, 2 were confirmed to have #COVID19, and will be transferred to #Huoshenshan Hospital in #Wuhan on Mar 6...

Jennifer Zeng Twitter

Also some rather unsettling things from the wife, on WeChat since 4th CCP flooding it with anti-USA propaganda stories and videos which are strongly implying that US is behind the virus. Anyone expressing doubt is being immediately censored.

If I find any cross posted on Twitter I will link though they will be in Chinese,

Starting to think the endgame is blame USA, cancel trade deal, start a war... I’m wondering now if CCP (or anti-Xi elements within it) created this whole situation.

That sure is going to be a tough sell with China shutting down a lab that was sequencing this pathogen and then having records of their notes destroyed. Of course, this isn't all confirmed AFAIK, but if true, I can't see any logical reason that China would do something like that unless they were trying to cover up evidence of their own guilt. IMHO.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: SpartanStoic

That was and still is a theory of mine.

Well... it also lines up with what TDawg said. Someone else started this so China would blame the US and......

Well, sounds like something Iran would have done, then the agent who released the pathogen in China went and licked the bottle before coming back home.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: slatesteam

The common cold is a coronavirus.

Yeah, and bamboo is a grass. So?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks
a reply to: pasiphae

Related?

linky

TennisDawg is in this thread. I don't have thread links so if you don't know who he his you haven't been following since the beginning. Start at thread 1 ? I've been following since the beginning. What he said now seems to be.... not so much bulls$$$t.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
BREAKING REPORT: Congressional Staffer Tests Positive for Coronavirus – Via Tucker Carlson – 63 More Cases in US –UPDATE

UPDATE — A separate source from Washington informed us the staffer incident is accurate.

Source
edit on 3/5/2020 by Karyotype because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Arizona Health Services can do 450 tests per day. Anyone else have info on their states situation?

AZDHS Twitter

AZDHS CoronoaVirus Dashboard

Not a fan of our Gov but this he got right. He asked that agency for a proposed solution and this was built in about a day total time. A developer in my agency knows the guy who built it.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Chinese Scientists Find Genetic Explanation For Coronavirus Discriminating By Race

Sir Humphrey Appleby, the Machiavellian senior civil servant in the hit 1980s British sitcom Yes, Minister once famously commented that one should “never believe anything until it’s been officially denied.”

Which meant we could be fairly confident that racial and ethnic differences in susceptibility to Coronavirus exist, because our race-denying Ruling Class so dogmatical refused to ...........
Source

Considering the source I wonder if there is really any truth in this?
This is based on one East Asian sample (out of eight non-East Asian samples)?
Maybe that East Asian male was representative, but that's a very small number (one!) to be using to draw any conclusions.

Interesting but really sounds like there is a lot more research needed
edit on 3/5/2020 by Karyotype because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Karyotype

Check my earlier post with a multi sourced article that confirms due to Asian men have more ACE2 receptors in their lungs they are more susceptible.

edit on 6-3-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
N/A
edit on 5-3-2020 by TrulyColorBlind because: Somebody already pointed out what I said, so I removed my comment.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I guess I need to go to bed, I completely missed your post earlier a reply to: SpartanStoic

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
No worries, guys... DARPA got this.🤔

DARPA Races To Create a "Firebreak" Treatment for the Coronavirus

Researchers working under DARPA's Pandemic Preparedness Platform seek to create instant, short-term countermeasure.

DARPA calls this a “firebreak” technology, because it can provide immediate immunity to medical personnel, first responders, and other vulnerable people. However, it wouldn’t create the permanent protection that vaccines provide.

First coronavirus vaccine in the US is recruiting volunteers

Moderna coronavirus vaccine was developed in DARPA's ADEPT program.
Forty-five people will be enrolled in the preliminary safety trial of the new vaccine.

Researchers in Seattle have begun recruiting healthy volunteers to participate in a clinical trial for an experimental COVID-19 vaccine, according to news reports.

The vaccine, developed by the biotechnology company Moderna Therapeutics, was initially sent to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) in Maryland on Feb. 24, according to The Wall Street Journal. The agency anticipates launching a clinical trial by the end of April and will sponsor the Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute to conduct the testing, NIAID Director Anthony Fauci told The Wall Street Journal.

Pandemic Prevention Platform (P3)

The Pandemic Prevention Platform (P3) program aims to support military readiness and global stability through pursuit of novel methods to dramatically accelerate discovery, integration, pre-clinical testing, and manufacturing of medical countermeasures against infectious diseases.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

edit on 6-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

USA can always add another state of emergency to the 31 others currently in effect.
www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
NTD news citing a University if Toronto study, CCP began blocking key words linked to CoronaVirus on December 31, the day is was supposedly first reported to Beijing by Wuhan govt.

NTD Twitter Video

top topics

<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join