It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 207
<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

What do you mean whole towns have gone dark?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
Sorry if someone has already alerted as to this: There is currently a press conference going on ABC news from Kirkland, WA long term care facility, with relatives giving statements about the care facility's level of care in the past, and how they have been stymied for information regarding the response to the outbreak there, testing SNAFUs, etc. and the current CDC response, as they have experienced it, trying to look after their elderly loved ones.

A woman is now talking about how her mother was asymptomatic, then she got a phone call at 3 AM saying she had died, and THEN got another call at 7 AM that her mother was fine, and still asymptomatic. Her mother had died.

A man named Gerry Connolly spoke about his father in law being in the same facility, that the relatives cannot get any solid information from the CDC, about testing, best practices or care, and read a list of demands of relatives.

One very important sidenote: Both people speaking said this long term care facility is an excellent one. And that they've been "abandoned" to deal with a serious infectious disease outbreak with very little help from CDC, state or federal authorities....
regards and stay safe,
tetra50
ETA: This lady's name is Pat Herrick. I am giving names as you can prob find yout.be videos through the names.

Thank you so much Tetra for making us aware of this press conference, and what these families are experiencing trying to get answers and help for their loved ones at the Kirkland long-term care facility. Listening to each family member talk about the lack of response from the CDC (3 people there from CDC, sporadically, not testing anyone or talking to the families at all), lack of testing for all residents and staff, and no one even willing to meet with family members from the CDC, or government is alarming to say the least.

As we get more cases in the U.S., and clusters developing, I hope that we can expect more from the local, state, and federal government in terms of compassionate, quick, and decisive response. www.youtube.com...

edit on 5/3/2020 by Tukota because: edit to fix link.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

I'm talking deaths. IMO this is an influenza, an influenza that hit the elderly and immunocompromised a lot harder than anyone else. We accept the fact that healthy folks are going to have to deal with it same as we always have dealt with the flu, but mitigate the death toll by isolating the vulnerable from the general population during the outbreak.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I’m not a Dr. but I think coronavirus are a whole different clan from the influenzas. Please burd, don’t you too start comparing apples to a novel virus have there is no working knowledge of.... i register your sentiment otherwise.
Duly noted in fact

Stay frosty amigo.

edit on 5-3-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I always thought, when it (officially) arrives here (which it has), Robben Island might be a great place for quarantine.

www.cbn.co.za...
edit on 5-3-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Joeshiloh

I think the man who was speaking is still suffering from his head injury in regards to his comments about the military. Where he says that NATO troops would be deployed in the US so as they would not be concerned about dealing with civilians. Fantasy.

Meanwhile in the real world. Here in the UK Armed Forces we are too busy preparing for our own contingency plans, which don't involve dealing with an armed populace or looking upon them as some sort of threat. Neither do we look upon any element of our training as a game. We are here to defend and care for people when it is needed. Just delete all your conspiracy nonsense. It's all a lot more ordinary than you think. Fear mongering at its best. (However, over there in the states, if they want to deploy THEIR military to quell an armed population whom they see as a threat, well that's up to them, maybe that's their reality).

The man speaking needs to take his head for a wobble, clearly doesn't know much about the military.

(post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Mom's like - no Corona, but we must get the influenza shot.

And why didn't you get it?

Only coming out in a week or two - start of our winter.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ShortBus

So the CDC are leftist liberal loonies that are lying to trump about the virus to make him look bad....okeydokey...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The common cold is a coronavirus.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

The first claim This criticism concerns the claim that there are two clearly definable “major types” of SARS-CoV2 in this outbreak and that they have differentiable transmission rates. Tang et al. term these two types L and S type: “two major types (L and S types): the S type is ancestral, and the L type evolved from S type. Intriguingly, the S and L types can be clearly defined by just two tightly linked SNPs at positions 8,782 (orf1ab: T8517C, synonymous) and 28,144 (ORF8: C251T, S84L).” One nonsynonymous mutation which has not been assessed for functional significance is not sufficient to define a distinct “type” nor “major type”. As of 2nd March 2020, there are 111 nonsynonymous mutations that have been identified in the outbreak, these have been catalogued here in the CoV-GLUE resource 13 and can be visualised in Figure 1. At current, there is no evidence that any of these 111 mutations have any significance in a functional context of within-host infections or transmission rates. Additionally, when you choose to define “types” purely on the basis of two mutations, it is not intriguing that these “types” then differ by those two mutations.

ARE THERE REALLY TWO STRAINS

Seems there is a debate brewing.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

My bad friend thought it was a rhinovirus.
What about flu?

Link?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
I'm in a small secret group on Facebook that I've been in for 8 or so years. One of the women in the group said that when she went to get her meds yesterday they didn't have one of the blood pressure meds she takes and the other she was only able to get a month supply of because the pharmacy said they were starting to run low.

Anyone hearing of any reports of problems getting their meds due to supply issues?

What is happening here in this country is that the doctors now can go against the 30 day policy if the patient is level 1. At that level it is possible to get 4 months of meds. Of course all this can vary around the country. The govt. wants everyone that isn't really sick just to stay away from the clinics as long as possible.
Also note: Japan next week will come out with "A STATE OF EMERGENCY". for those following my threads since the beginning here I mention how the USA is about 3 days behind Japan's action.
The Japanese govt. has about 4 days now to refine "A State of Emergency" guidelines . I mention a few times that Japan is like China in many ways. So this state of emergency thing I feel is going to follow the guideline set by the Chinese govt to some extent. And if I'm kind of close about the 3 day stuff, Americans probably here on this forum might bookmark this link because I'll post what I can about the state of emergency events. I'm off to buy some cooking oil and maybe some butter if still available.

edit on 0300000014262020-03-05T22:26:14-06:00261403pm10 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Latest on #COVID19 from around the world

- Ireland: 13 confirmed cases
- UK: 116 confirmed cases with one death
- U.S.: 205 confirmed cases with 12 deaths
- Italy: 3,858 confirmed cases with 148 deaths
- France: 423 confirmed cases with seven deaths

ugly numbers.. not slowing down

twitter.com...
edit on 5/3/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Coronavirus Patient Zero in Italy Was Pakistani Migrant Who Refused to Self-Isolate

"The man believed to be coronavirus patient zero in Italy is a Pakistani migrant refused to self-isolate after testing positive for the virus and continued to deliver food.

Health authorities asked the man to quarantine himself at his home in the Pavia area for two weeks, but he ignored....."

Source

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Chicago Housewares Show, one of the biggest in country canceled due to virus.

San Francisco closed a school today, Lowell, due to an infected student.

Here in Phoenix metro area, 2 nightclubs closing for deep cleaning in Scottsdale after it was revealed that the 2nd infected case worked at those clubs.

And it appears Oleman was right - POTUS refusing to answer questions about testing kit shortage. Wow CDC screwing the pooch 3 ways to Sunday.

Note for TDS sufferers -

The truth is that neither the Obama administration nor the Trump administration really prioritized pandemic response. That, combined with the CDC's epic screwup, is the root of the current problem.

Not my quote. A financial news website.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The common cold is a coronavirus.

There’s different strains. Similar to flu. If h7n1 or h5n1 became highly transmissible it would do a lot more damage than the common flu or h1n1
Covid 19 ain’t the cold virus

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

From my understanding and tiny amount of research. The coronavirus that is one among many viruses that are attributed to the common cold, is a different type of coronavirus from the one we are dealing with here. The one we are dealing with now is connected with the coronavirus that causes sars and mers, which is much worse than the common cold.

In otherwords, there are many different types of coronaviruses. The one that we are dealing with here, officially is named SARS-CoV-2. And is much worse than the ones that cause the common cold.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Latest on #COVID19 from around the world

- Ireland: 13 confirmed cases
- UK: 116 confirmed cases with one death
- U.S.: 205 confirmed cases with 12 deaths
- Italy: 3,858 confirmed cases with 148 deaths
- France: 423 confirmed cases with seven deaths

ugly numbers.. not slowing down

twitter.com...

World wide the numbers are spiralling and yet were to believe it's calming down in China.

top topics

<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join