It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
If the virus is more dangerous for Chinese or Asians, I sure would like to see a little research on why that is occurring.
They have mapped the genome of the virus. They have the human genome mapped. Shouldn't they be able to show a reason for the virus being more deadly for Asians, if that is the case?

I've heard speculation is because it attacks the lungs pretty heavily, and a very large portion of Chinese are smokers, long term, and also the air quality causes lung damage.

The theory is because of this s its particularly deadly for them

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Cruise ships are different.

You never stop hearing about how people on cruise ships get sick from them. You very seldom hear about similar mass outbreaks caused by other environments. It can happen - like the food poisoning from a buffet, but you don't hear about it nearly like you do about norovirus on a cruise ships.

They are unique in the type of close contact and length of it.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: kwakakev
'It Would Spread Very Quickly'
Egypt has pick up its first confirmed case, asymptomatic. Africa is unprepared, doing the best they can with what they have.

There is only one thing wrong with your commentary...
It isn't spreading 'very quickly'.
Just looking at the Stats for the USA, as of the 17th:
Jan 21: 1st case
Jan 24: 2nd case
Jan 26: 3rd, 4th & 5th cases
Jan 30: 6th case
Jan 31: 7th case
Feb 1: 8th case
Feb 2: 9th, 10th & 11th cases
Feb 5: 12th case
Feb 11: 13th case
Feb 13: 14th & 15th cases
So, does that look anything like anything even remotely considered an 'exponential increase' to anyone here?
Also, if your argument is that there are lots of cases not yet confirmed - where are the huge spikes in numbers of reported serious illnesses from 'flu' or pneumonia or anything related?

Thats if you believe that the authorities would be truthful and tell us about the cases.
I actually was just informed by a co worker, for whom we are subcontracting under, that a local woman has been put in observation for suspected coronavirus.
This is small town USA here

Well, it'll get faster now for sure. 14 cases more in America. They were part of the evacuation of the Diamond Princess Cruise, in Japan. They let them get in the plane because no symptoms. All passengers are going to the air force base for 14 days.

www.msn.com... p

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The proof of that theory would be if Asians living in other countries with much better air quality who tend to culturally smoke like their countries of choice do -- American Asians or Australian Asians, etc. -- end up with better overall outcomes more in line with what we're seeing in the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Cruise ships are different.

You never stop hearing about how people on cruise ships get sick from them. You very seldom hear about similar mass outbreaks caused by other environments. It can happen - like the food poisoning from a buffet, but you don't hear about it nearly like you do about norovirus on a cruise ships.

They are unique in the type of close contact and length of it.

I'm aware, I've been on many cruises and am a retired sailor, I know what the conditions are like, I'm not trying to be snarky, but it's still a good barometer of how fast it can be transmitted, and those ships are constantly cleaned end to end.

Places on land where lots of people congregate 24/7 are not, just look at their bathrooms

link   
a reply to: RamsesOzymandias

It's not AIDS. That paper was yanked over the reaction. The researchers found similarities in a few sequences, not similarity in function. There is a world of difference.

link   

The proof of that theory would be if Asians living in other countries with much better air quality who tend to culturally smoke like their countries of choice do -- American Asians or Australian Asians, etc. -- end up with better overall outcomes more in line with what we're seeing in the rest of the world.

Were gonna find out in Japan here in short order

link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: Fowlerstoad
Hey, anyone here - if you are on an ACE inhibitor type drug, and manage to GET this novel coronavirus (hopefully nobody here will, but if you do, we can make the most of a bad situation), please PM me because I want to ask some questions.

Just to be clear, anyone who is on virtually any prescription medication falls into the category of 'compromised' wrt to their health. Maybe not specifically 'immune' compromised, but compromised, nevertheless.

Anyone who is, should be striving as their over-arching goal, to get healthy, and ultimately get off all prescription meds, permanently.

The first to go are any cholesterol lowering drugs. All of those should be immediately pulled from shelves, and pharmaceutical companies that have pushed them should be prosecuted for malfeasance, if not criminal conspiracy.

Next, BP lowering drugs are easy to get off of, if you make lifestyle changes to eliminate the actual cause of your high BP.

Then go from there.

Get off the drugs, people.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I know. I've been saying from the beginning that surfaces are your enemy with this thing. I think the evidence suggests that's it's main form of transmission.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I think Japan might be our next petri dish then.
Better air quality there.
It seems that there are more person to person transmissions there than we have seen in the UK or US.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I don't know how much that will tell. Is it too close to China? They make a big smog cloud.

We might also learn some interesting stuff up by Fukushima.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Singapore is on a roll with person to person transmissions

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Add nebulizing magnesium sulphate to your Google list

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

This thread is for Corona Virus Updates...not chit chat, bigoted comments or arguing....

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

Terms And Conditions Of Use
You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I don't know how much that will tell. Is it too close to China? They make a big smog cloud.

We might also learn some interesting stuff up by Fukushima.

Naa I don't think so, but last time I was there back in 2005 a lot of people there DID smoke

It makes me wonder if they are taking that into account w people testing positive, it should be marked anyway, since this thing is suppose to be so hard on your respiratory system

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoldGlobal
a reply to: ketsuko

Singapore is on a roll with person to person transmissions

Wonder what their air quality and smoker percentage is, another petri dish

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
New Blood Plasma Treatment Offers Hope For Those Infected With The Coronavirus

And yet, if they would just try something that we already know works - direct IV ozone injection - pretty much everyone who contracts this would be cured.

PERIOD. It really pisses me off that there are cures for these kinds of things that they have known about for decades, and they won't use them, even in extreme cases like this, because they are cheap and cannot be patented.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BowBells

asking: "the state of Illinois for this current flu season, the cases have shot way up compared to the previous tallied seasons?"

Yes. Since about mid January.

"I'm no good at graphs or numbers or maths"

You're better than you think.

Some other states show similar increase, but haven't seen a lot of them. Certainly not all of them are like this.

It is a worry that this is everywhere. Only time will tell if services become overwhelmed and bodies start to stack up. They couldn't hide it forever, even with a mortality rate of 1% 400k could die in the UK (assuming 60% get infected).

My family are all ill at the moment. Sore throat turned to cough. My better half had fever last night, gone now but she is drained and achy.

It could be that they want spread over and done with as soon as possible. Maybe some bright spark has had the idea that by increasing transmission they could cause it to burn out. Or maybe they're just protecting the markets by preventing lockdown. All I know is, if one of my family died because of their immoral incompetence. I'd want blood.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think the US and probably UK are looking at the odds and placing their bets...

UK to stop testing at 100 and US starting tests in 5 big cities. I think this is their criteria, that once confirmed to pass (through) they assume most if not all people will get the disease.

So what's the next bet placed for our leaders?
I think they are going with the odds of most only getting "the flu."
If they play up the flu and down the virus; for the first week people will stay home thinking it's the flu. After that 1st week you either get better (Hey it was the flu wink wink) if not recovered then most would proceed to the hospital as it's probably the virus.

That gives them 1 week of time.
TIME... Instead of everyone reporting to the hospitals at the first sign most will stay home assuming flu. That will allow those in their 2nd and 3rd weeks of the disease to receive better care. The hospital won't be as stretched as it would be with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd week cases.

I'm hoping the info they have is correct and for most it will be flu like. But long term complications???

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

WHO LIVE. @10AM EST.

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join