It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 359
<< 356  357  358    360  361  362 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: Bicent
Oh boy, Dow has dropped about 3000 points in the past five days. Not only do we have a severe flu this year, we also have a novel virus to deal with, and a economy showing signs of being on the ropes. Need some good news..

Who was it that was here daily telling everyone that this is all a farce because the -real- indicator if there is a problem is the market? Because if that is the case, well.. we have got a problem.

I forget who that was exactly but a few of the coronadoubters seem to have disappeared .

People never seem to stick around and admit they were wrong .

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Looks like major technical support at DOW 26,000 today. Seems to have triggered significant computerized buying on Wall Street. I wouldn't be surprised if the market reaches positive territory before the end of today. Of course I also wouldn't be surprised if it closes just above 26,000. I don't think it breaks that floor today, however.

Holy ffff....
WOW. The market tried. I think we're actually now seeing fear driven by news rather than any sugar coating this market as corrections based on the lost month of February. This likely won't be a slowly recovering market. With sell offs this ridiculous, when it does flip the switch, a plus 2,000 point day wouldn't be a shock... but when in the hell do you time the bottom? I'd expect tomorrow to be a ho-hum day.

TSX in Toronto had a technical halt as well today.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Advantage
Getting it doesnt mean death certainly. It means sick as hell for a bit.

Ummm, no, some may get sick as hell, others (apparently quite a lot) may remain asymptomatic, or have only minor symptoms (light cold).

The older you are and/or more underlying health conditions you have - especially respiratory and cardiac - the more likely you'll get really sick. If you have real data to the contrary, by all means...

Seriously, what the hell are you talking about. SOrry if you dont like what I say.. Im NOT going to go along with fear mongering. Im also NOT going to reinforce fears when its unwarranted.

Calm down. Yes, I read your posts. In this one I replied to, you said, and I quote:

"Getting it doesnt mean death certainly. It means sick as hell for a bit."

Where does anything even remotely authoritative say that everyone who tests positive for the virus 'gets sick as hell'? No, you didn't say 'everyone', but it sure could be very easily read that way. Do you not see that?

Considering that all of the data I've seen says most remain either asymptomatic, or get only minor symptoms, I would call your comment bordering on fear-mongering.

The calm down thing doesnt work with me. Arguing simply to nitpick and argue for arguments sake is stupid. I dont care how you read it.. or twist it... Ive been anti fearmongering since the first thread. Maybe you are projecting and youre freaking out bordering on hysteria since you read hysteria into every post. If you dont, by now, realize there are super spreaders and asymptomatic spreaders and when you get sick its sick as hell bur doesnt mean death for certain.. thats not my problem.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Can we start taking about this please?
I'm dumb at this stuff 😔

Dow Jones index suffers biggest ever one-day fall as coronavirus hits markets

f7td5.app.goo.gl...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
I'm dumb at this stuff 😔

f7td5.app.goo.gl...

Biggest since corona, not biggest ever. Not good though. This would have been a crash back in the day with old school phone-lines and weird ticker tape systems, the question is, will it be a crash now?

I hear lots of stories of how CDC are refusing to give tests. Just heard that there are 8 flagged suspected cases in Hawaii and CDC are refusing to test.

Nothing to CDC here folks, we're too busy protecting the markets. No tests, means no cases.

edit: ah I see your article is talking about biggest points fall, but percentage wise it has fallen more before.
edit on 27-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
I'm dumb at this stuff 😔

f7td5.app.goo.gl...

And now that Trump might be personally affected, he's decided that maybe the U.S. should do something about it.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BPilgrim
a reply to: myselfaswell

Thank you for the good information.

No worries.

Of the hierarchy of things to do to protect yourself hygiene is the top dog. That starts with no hand to face.....anywhere, unless it's been cleaned first. And I can tell you now, that takes practice.

So, beyond using a mask when in public, buy yourself alcohol based hand steriliser/cleaner, whatever you can get. It's not absolutely perfect, but it's certainly 90% better than nothing.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
HHS whistleblower

washpos t

U.S. workers without protective gear assisted coronavirus evacuees, HHS whistleblower says

edit on 27-2-2020 by ragiusnotiel because: added title

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

Paywall... can you give a brief synopsis please?
edit on 27-2-2020 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

Officials at the Department of Health and Human Services sent more than a dozen workers to receive the first Americans evacuated from Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, without proper training for infection control or appropriate protective gear, according to a whistleblower complaint.

The workers did not show symptoms of infection and were not tested for the virus, according to lawyers for the whistleblower, who is a senior HHS official based in Washington who oversees workers at the Administration for Children and Families, a unit within HHS.

The whistleblower is seeking federal protection because she alleges she was unfairly and improperly reassigned after raising concerns about the safety of these workers to HHS officials, including those within the office of Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar. She was told Feb. 19 that if she does not accept the new position in 15 days, which is March 5, she would be terminated.
AD

The whistleblower has decades of experience in the field, received two HHS department awards from Azar last year and has received the highest performance evaluations, her lawyers said.

The complaint was filed Wednesday with the Office of the Special Counsel, an independent federal watchdog agency. The whistleblower’s lawyers provided a copy of a redacted 24-page complaint to The Washington Post. A spokesman for the Office of the Special Counsel said he could not comment on complaints filed with the office.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
My friendly advice is to remove all posts and talk about ex members and what happened there etc. (Just a big FYI) I think the stock market is a big indicator of what this has the potential to become. It's a result of the virus, but a potentially bigger issue than just the virus IMO.
edit on 27-2-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

sent more than a dozen workers to receive the first Americans evacuated from Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, without proper training for infection control or appropriate protective gear, according to a whistleblower complaint.

Unbelievable. It's like those shots with the UK bus drivers

Either it's intentional or............

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Wonderful Press Conference Last Night Mr. Trump:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

The thing is that it can be spread through air rather than droplets. You dont have to be coughed, sneezed on or spit on to contract the virus. Anyone infected in close proximity.. whos breathing.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
While grocery shopping at Meijer today in Michigan (Meijer is one of our huge grocery store chains), I was grabbing more staples for the basement shelves and got the last bag of powdered milk on the shelf; I was really surprised by that, but happy at the same time that people are stocking up and covering themselves in case they need to isolate down the road. The store also put out 20 lb bags of rice for $10 and there were only two left. Went to the drug store after that there were just big empty spaces where any kind of mask would normally be, lots of gloves though. I only have two packages of N95 masks though which probably isn't enough. It seems a little late now to try to find those.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
Wonderful Press Conference Last Night Mr. Trump:

I'm not understanding how some are saying this is the fault of a speech? I wasn't too impressed by it either, but I don't think any "official" would dare say anything to remotely cause any sort of panic. People are smart as individuals but when mobs start freaking out it's like IQ goes down to 20.

We really can't rely on any "official" statements, rather watch and see. In this case, the stock market crashed hard today, from my understanding more having to do with supply chains. My nephew whom is in retail at Wal-Mart said prices went up across the store today. I do think it's important to look around us at indicators like this to gauge where this is going..
edit on 27-2-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Fricken great....my super skeptical roommate has "walking pneumonia".

top topics

<< 356  357  358    360  361  362 >>

join