It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 274
<< 271  272  273    275  276  277 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Whoa!! That sends a strong message.

Vincent Lee
‏Verified account @Rover829

WASHINGTON, Feb 24 (Reuters) - The Trump administration is sending to the U.S. Congress a budget request for $2.5 billion to fight coronavirus, the White House said on Monday.

More than $1 billion of the money would go toward developing a vaccine, the White House said.
twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
One of my relatives works at an animal hospital . They were informed today that certain supplies would not be shipped to them until further notice due to the coronavirus outbreak. Not that th supplies are not available, but that the US govt gets first dibs

I’m not certain of what should NOT be included in this thread, to be sure, but info like this is what I see as valuable.

Little bits like this all compiled together paint a better picture of what the Gov is doing behind the scenes rather they directly announce it or not.

I’ll add my own. I read on here in the prepping chat about stocking dry milk... it was something I’d never considered bc I don’t drink milk personally, and have never used dry.

So in the last couple of weeks I’ve noticed even my smaller grocery stores have moved around items to make room for the bulk dry milk.... you can tell especially in little mom and pop stores as they hand write their tags when they add a new item before a tag can be officially printed.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Latest numbers from Covid19Info.Live

World-Wide:
Cases: 80090
Deaths: 2699 (3.5%)
Recovered: 27573 (34.4%)

Mainland-China:
Cases: 77660
Deaths: 2663 (3.4%)
Recovered: 27323 (35.2%)

Hubei (inc. Wuhan):
Cases: 64786
Deaths: 2563 (4%)
Recovered: 18854 (29.1%)

Beijing:
Cases: 399
Deaths: 1 (less than 1%)
Recovered: 198 (49.6%)

Shanghai:
Cases: 335
Deaths: 3 (0.9%)
Recovered: 261 (77.9%)

edit on 2020-2-24 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator
Hubei (inc. Wuhan):
Cases: 64786
Deaths: 2563 (4%)
Recovered: 18854 (29.1%)

Interesting to note that if the recovery rate in Hubei province (which includes the city of Wuhan) never gets above 30%, that would infer 70% do not recover. That would be like "Bird-Flu" (N5N1) rates (FAQs: H5N1 influenza) ...

H5N1 is a type of influenza virus that causes a highly infectious, severe respiratory disease in birds called avian influenza (or "bird flu"). Human cases of H5N1 avian influenza occur occasionally, but it is difficult to transmit the infection from person to person. When people do become infected, the mortality rate is about 60%.

Certainly hope the "Recovered" numbers are just lagging behind becuase people have it, but are not dying from it, but not "over" it yet either, but do eventually "Recover" from it.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Tip of the spear... China has allocated over $10 Billion in an effort to fight this, though I do not know the breakdown of that money... it very well may include the direct medical costs of treating people and security costs of securing their quarantines. I don't know.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

I like to think that they are only referring to hospitalized cases, not the additional 80% or 4x the number infected we see that get mild symptoms and recover naturally. It helps to make more sense of their numbers. I could just be optimistic.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The Rand is collapsing, South Africa will be hit really bad, apparently it looks like its in the country.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I have come to the Conclusion that this So Called " Coronavirus " SCARE is just that . Propaganda used to Manipulate the Masses into doing Something they Normally would Not in a Situation like this , THINK ..............

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember
WHO just had their press conference ... refuse to declare a pandemic because it might cause panic. They say follow China's example, but when a reporter asks whether countries should institute the same quarantine levels as china, the head guy gets irritated.
My take from this conference is that it all just out of control but they need to calm the sheep so the elites have time to sell their stocks and prepare.

Yeah, calling this a "pandemic" might cause panic, and that would be bad. But people getting sick from the virus, hospitals swamped to turning away patients, people dying because they can't get a medical professional to help them because they are overwhelmed, all because they didn't know they should have taken better precautions via a severe warning of an impending PANDEMIC, WON'T cause panic and is the better path to take? Gee, who knew? I sure as heck never would have guessed.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

"recovered" also seems to be highly subjective and potentially meaningless.
www.newsweek.com...
www.upi.com...

Not only are the "recovered" still virulent for a to-date unknown length of time, there's this:
www.usatoday.com...

Li QinGyuan, director of pneumonia prevention and treatment at China Japan Friendship Hospital in Beijing, said a protective antibody is generated in those who are infected.

"However, in certain individuals, the antibody cannot last that long," Li said. "For many patients who have been cured, there is a likelihood of relapse."

This isn't going away and it seems they have no idea how long after someone has "beaten" the illness they're actually going to be immune from it.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Uh Oh..: www.foxnews.com...

Perhaps We should have sealed-off China before it was too late.

Yeah, I was thinking that. Perhaps this sort of thing has happened in the distant past, and that GREAT WALL OF CHINA was actually made to keep the Chinese IN and not everyone else OUT.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
Propaganda used to Manipulate the Masses into doing Something they Normally would Not in a Situation like this

Like prepare?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity
Would be better to link and/or quote the statements from officials he's implying, than just the random video-blogger.
Looks like he's also into for-ex trading and other things.
So, plenty of reason for various folks to be trying to nudge markets one way or the other to make a buck.

PS: He also mentions "Suidlanders", which, according to Wikipedia ...

The Suidlanders (English: Southlanders) is a South African right-wing ethnonationalist Afrikaner survivalist group whose ideology is based on the prophecies of Boer Siener van Rensburg. The group believes that a race war or general civil war, sometimes referred to as "Uhuru" or the "Night of the Long Knives," is coming in South Africa as a result of a white genocide. They anticipate an eventual collapse of infrastructure, and advocate and plan for an evacuation of white South Africans from major cities in the event of a race war.Their leader is Gustav Müller.

So, yeah, putting anything he says in the "grain of salt" category.

PPS: I don't mean to complain about the reply, just debunk and advise.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

I have tried to research some of this but can’t identify who pays unless your health insurance is kind enough to pick up that cost. I work for state govt and our plan will pay for it which I was surprised by but we are probably their biggest customer in this state. At least that’s what they told me on phone, nothing in writing,

Alternatively I looked at suing China. Unfortunately that idiot Obama made civil suing China from inside the US not possible, I do understand why he did it but it was a massive mistake regarding China.

You can sue China in international court and there are lawyers to help you do this. China does follow international court rulings historically, the South China Sea issue was not a civil suit so does not count for this purpose. I fully intend to sue CCP if one of my immediate family comes down with the virus. I will however not allege it’s a bio weapon. I would sue them for fraud (admitted), intentional negligence (admitted) and whatever else I could. I’m currently researching if we can sue the WHO and/or UN.

IANAL, if someone here is please weigh in.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I have come to the Conclusion that this So Called " Coronavirus " SCARE is just that . Propaganda used to Manipulate the Masses into doing Something they Normally would Not in a Situation like this , THINK ..............

I wonder if you would think the same if you were at ground zero of one if these cities that are affected.

I bet the people in Italy thought the same as you. Maybe even Israel.

It's not a scare. It is real life for hundreds of thousands of people and just because it isn't directly affected you in your little bubble doesn't mean it won't.

I think it is still a little early to be getting cocky in SCARE predictions.
edit on 24-2-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

edit on 24-2-2020 by BPilgrim because: Was off topic

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
Whoa!! That sends a strong message.

Vincent Lee
‏Verified account @Rover829

WASHINGTON, Feb 24 (Reuters) - The Trump administration is sending to the U.S. Congress a budget request for $2.5 billion to fight coronavirus, the White House said on Monday.

More than $1 billion of the money would go toward developing a vaccine, the White House said.
twitter.com...

When this money is granted with a unanimous , bipartisan vote , I will really start to worry .

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Can someone tell me how many Americans in this country have died from the Corona Virus?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Can someone tell me how many Americans in this country have died from the Corona Virus?

Currently: NONE

Covid19info.live

More specifically ...
* Cases: 53
* Deaths: 0
* Recovered: 5

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Currently: NONE

Covid19info.live

Why not?

Also...TY for that InfoMap.

edit on 24-2-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

<< 271  272  273    275  276  277 >>

join