It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 276
<< 273  274  275    277  278  279 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

That's swell... South Korea is the second largest deployment of US military personnel outside of the US. Japan is the largest concentration. Italy is #4. If this hits Germany next, number 2 largest US troop deployment, I may have to raise an eyebrow. o-0

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator

Can someone tell me how many Americans in this country have died from the Corona Virus?

Currently: NONE

Covid19info.live

Why not?

Sci ops very good point and considering the anomaly of the death rate wouldnt be surprised. Italy seems more realistic with it death toll.

Unknown... That said, Iran had zero cases prior to Feb 19... they now have either 12 or 50 Coronavirus deaths depending on which government official you believe. Italy reported 3 cases at the beginning of February with very little change in those numbers until it went to 15 cases on the 21st... now it stands at 229 with 7 confirmed deaths.

This virus is freaking schizo... making it's presence known in a location then sitting virtually stagnant in numbers for 2, 3, 4 weeks before suddenly going ape crap and producing significant numbers of infected and dead.

Has it been mentioned here that IRAN may be using this to quash protests?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No.

We really are. We were before this all started.

So if you want to assume that the flu is COVID/COVID is the flu this year, then COVID has been around for far longer than anyone knew COVID was a thing, even in Wuhan, China.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

That's swell... South Korea is the second largest deployment of US military personnel outside of the US. Japan is the largest concentration. Italy is #4. If this hits Germany next, number 2 largest US troop deployment, I may have to raise an eyebrow. o-0

Those are some very interesting rankings.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: pasiphae

Can someone tell me how many Americans in this country have died from the Corona Virus?

How would we know??? We aren't even seriously testing for it. That's been discussed A LOT in this thread.

Even if you operate from the idea that there are certainly cases in the wild here circulating that aren't recognized as corona virus, that doesn't mean anyone has died from it. That is operating off the assumption that it's way deadlier than currently known global numbers make it out to be.

But I can't imagine the US lives in a bubble...... how do we know that deaths due to pneumonia and "this years flu season was really really bad"..... how do we know that's not part of this? I'm level headed about this but a lot isn't making sense. We have SOOOO many travelers in the US.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheIrvy2

200,000 US troops deployed to 177 countries...
www.visualcapitalist.com...
Japan, Germany, South Korea, and Italy account for almost 110,000 of those troop deployments.

link   

Surely that cannot be coincidence...

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No.

We really are. We were before this all started.

So if you want to assume that the flu is COVID/COVID is the flu this year, then COVID has been around for far longer than anyone knew COVID was a thing, even in Wuhan, China.

That is a lot of the speculation.... that we're on the second wave now.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neurosurgeon
I work in the testing and certification field nowadays for a variety of antimicrobial products (things like micro ban, or Dow Silvadur) using test methods that show efficacy at reducing microbial populations. This includes general work like NSF sanitation certs on food equipment etc for in place cleanings.

Anyways, my company has about 50,000 employees. We had a engineer come back from a multi day conference in a few locations. He had passed through 3 different major airport hubs.

He was hacking up a lung. Fever etc, had to come in to finish some work (dick.) He went to the clinic - asked for a corona virus test, they refused due to no connection with someone from mainland china..

Can you share a general regional location where your company is? Those major hubs where? Probably nothing just curious.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Had it not started in China that would be mind blowing...

link   
Are we allowed to posit theories here...or just post info?

link   

originally posted by: neurosurgeon
I work in the testing and certification field nowadays for a variety of antimicrobial products (things like micro ban, or Dow Silvadur) using test methods that show efficacy at reducing microbial populations. This includes general work like NSF sanitation certs on food equipment etc for in place cleanings.

Anyways, my company has about 50,000 employees. We had a engineer come back from a multi day conference in a few locations. He had passed through 3 different major airport hubs.

He was hacking up a lung. Fever etc, had to come in to finish some work (dick.) He went to the clinic - asked for a corona virus test, they refused due to no connection with someone from mainland china..

Its that way now in Japan. They'll only test you if you have a doctors referral an or admitted by ambulance with known symptoms of corona virus. I really feel sorry now for the ambulance and fire and police. The reason I say police is because when an ambulance is called out, many times the police have to follow up on the report. And yes, people still call the fire dept, sometimes its a lot faster when you live out in the country.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not saying the flu hasn't been bad this year, I'm saying it is very possible, especially early on in this, that Americans did manifest symptoms of Covid and medical crews just assumed it was the flu and documented their deaths as the result of the flu. There wasn't even a test for this prior to a month ago and the CDC didn't develop a reliable on site test for it until 2 weeks ago. I somehow don't believe samples from anyone who died of flu or pneumonia in the US in December or January were sent to the CDC.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
CargoMetrics data reveals depth of China cargo collapse

The company has just publicly released data that sheds new light on what transpired in the weeks following Chinese New Year (CNY). To better understand what the numbers mean, FreightWaves interviewed CargoMetrics CEO Scott Borgerson and Dan Brutlag, head of trading signal and data products.

What CargoMetrics’ data has uncovered is that Chinese imports “are totally in freefall,” said Borgerson.

After Feb. 7, volumes began to nosedive, with the pace of declines accelerating through Feb. 17, the last day of the index data provided by CargoMetrics.

“We’re looking at this purely from the lens of the maritime perspective,” he said. “Shipping moves 90% of the planet’s trade, and while China is not literally an island, its economy is figuratively one because it imports nearly all of its raw materials and exports nearly all of its finished goods by sea. So, the lens we apply is very much a leading indicator for Chinese industrial activity and productivity.”

Pressure on the global trade network could be alleviated if “China gets people moving around and factories open up, supply chains can deal with the inventories that are building up, and all the ships that are sailing there can discharge,” he said.

If not, warned Borgerson, “then we’re in uncharted territory.”

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheIrvy2

200,000 US troops deployed to 177 countries...
www.visualcapitalist.com...
Japan, Germany, South Korea, and Italy account for almost 110,000 of those troop deployments.

Now I'll never get to sleep tonight. Why did I watch that Boston Dynamics video?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Another summary of numbers from Covid19Info.Live:

NOTE: "Disposed" means outcome is relatively "known" (i.e. reported recovered or death).

World-Wide:
Cases: 80,150
Deaths: 2,699 (3.37% of Cases)
Recovered: 27,573 (34.40% of Cases)
Disposed: 30,272 (37.7% of Cases)
Death % of Disposed: 8.92%
Recovered % of Disposed: 91.08%

All-forms-of-China: = Mainland + Hong Kong + Macau
Cases: 77,751 (97.01% of World-Wide)
Deaths: 2,665 (98.74% of World-Wide)
Recovered: 27,348 (99.18% of World-Wide)
Disposed: 30,013 (38.60% of Cases)
Death as % of Disposed: 8.88%
Recovered as % of Disposed: 91.12%

Everywhere-except-China: = World-Wide - All-forms-of-China
Cases: 2,399 (2.99% of World-Wide)
Deaths: 34 (1.26% of World-Wide)
Recovered: 225 (0.82% of World-Wide)
Disposed: 259 (10.80% of Cases)
Death % of Disposed: 13.13%
Recovered % of Disposed: 86.87%

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Things are not well in Iran. On State TV no less. Two days before, he said there was nothing to worry about.

Dr. Ghadir, top health official in Qom now infected, tells State TV: The health ministry ordered Qom officials "not to publish statistics" related to coronavirus. He warned again that the situation "was dire in Qom and the disease is spread across the city" and asked for the health ministry to help.

I think they've had this in Iran for a while now, and it's out of control. Although they have cancelled universities, sporting events, malls and so on. Their health ministry rejected the higher death toll - saying it was only 12. But from what this now infected top health official is saying, I think it's greater than 12, and the infection # must be very high.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

edit on 24-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Had it not started in China that would be mind blowing...

The question is... has it really started in China 😄🚀

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Excuse me for asking this, but (Americans) how are you guys "really" taking this virus situation at the present times. Has the info finally caught on that its here to stay until a drug is found to treat it (hopefully to kill it completely) and how are people thinking about their job situation there.

Already the govt. is asking for those that can work at home to work at home. Already job interviews are done over the net. And the universities (well we have a lot of Chinese coming here for medical training) , a big subject on what to do with foreigners that are coming over to study. Landlords are going probably shut their doors on them once they get here. (of course, housing was/is taken care before leaving their country.
Seems like it is just one big mess after another. And NO, this is NOT fear mongering mim thinking as pointed out to me earlier. Its just facts of life now we have to adjust to.
edit on 0200000045482020-02-24T20:48:45-06:00484502pm8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 273  274  275    277  278  279 >>

join