It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hey Jedi. here is the screen shot of the 2 pictures. Let me find where I may have posted it with Hong Kong stated (this is the 3 time that I've tried to post this, dang)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Once again I want to remind everyone before a mod does. Debate the issue or message. Don’t go after ATS members. It’s just not cool and frankly makes you look stupid.

Ad hominem attacks are a useless waste of time.

If you think someone’s freaking out either don’t say anything or consider their perspective of being in imminent personal danger and offer thanks for them taking their valuable time sharing their story.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

You have nothing to prove MIM. A forum I belong to,and have for a decade,the members are calling me a fearmonger,idiot, sensationalist,tinfoil hat retard, saying I'm secretly hoping the virus will kill us all and I'll say I told you so. Some people can't be open minded, without insulting others for online likes and group gratification. I don't care what they think,as they should not care what I think. Don't worry about people like that,your life will be better for it.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

This thread is for Corona Virus Updates...not chit chat, bigoted comments or arguing....

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum
Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer

Terms And Conditions Of Use

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Tue Feb 18 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
To the fear of panic vs. disease,

The people of Wuhan obviously had little time to prepare nor for that matter much of China. Logic says western nations have had weeks if not months to get citizenry ready for potential of what may come about - that time has been and probably will continue to be squandered by fear of panic.

I would logically say as events have transpired that a little panic two weeks ago might have been healthy and we'd now be on our way to some sensible steps to counter whatever may be countered.

Instead our Government, its agencies, Media, Big Business and individuals have and are creating what I deem a "panic bubble" as it were.

The very scenario the panic fearers are on about will in my mind be a self created creature fulfilling and confirming the panic fearers world view due the bursting of that bubble whether by plan or accident.

Thats what happens when adults are treated as children rather than given the facts upfront and ugly like.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
As this progresses, if it gets worse, people will react.

Someone last night was perceived as lashing out, but if you read between the lines, that person had very limited means to prep and an environment that virtually guaranteed they (and their children) would be exposed if the nCov19 got wild in their neighborhood. I saw that as the frustration of possibly facing a threat and not being able to do much about it.

If I were in Music's situation, I would also be getting a bit edgy, and trying to forewarn those who may have a better chance to prepare.

Please take the time to consider what stresses other posters are under, and how that might affect their choice of words.

Myself, I keep clinging to a Part A / Part B scenerio that does not include Part B for me.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Some of this is a little crazy so let it sink in...

780 million Chinese are on travel restriction. That would be like telling the US 'twice' that none of its citizens could go anywhere.

There is anywhere from 50-75 million people quarantined that is 'reported'. That is 1 in every 6 people in the nation. It would be like quarantining multiple states in the US not cities.

My advice - Don't buy off Amazon and avoid the dollar store....

edit on Febpm29pmf0000002020-02-18T22:21:15-06:001015 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

OK, Jedi, my mistake for not saying Hong Kong. I admit I may have been wrong not to state where the picture was taken, but I didn't mention Japan at all in that thread and if it were in Japan , I WOULD have mentioned it.

Now back to reading all the post. Man things are really changing fast. One member posted people are being ask to stay home and work. Thanks, I didn't include that this morning but it was mentioned to me either yesterday or this morning.

stay safe everyone
edit on 0200000055262020-02-18T22:26:55-06:00265502pm10 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Some of this is a little crazy so let it sink in...

780 million Chinese are on travel restriction. That would be like telling the US 'twice' that none of its citizens could go anywhere.

There is anywhere from 50-75 million people quarantined that is 'reported'. That is 1 in every 6 people in the nation. It would be like quarantining multiple states in the US not cities.

My advice - Don't buy off Amazon and avoid the dollar store....

Dollar store inventory from shipping is about 4 to 6 months old. Whether safe or not now I don't know, but I'd still shop there for at least the next 30 days. After that, NO WAY. Actually by then their stock will be almost gone anyway. Unemployment, chain reaction, it really is for real. Here already in progress.
edit on 0200000016262020-02-18T22:26:16-06:00261602pm10 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Guys on a classic car forum I'm a member of are wondering why their parts from AliExpress haven't turned,I mentioned there's nobody to process orders,I got laughed at. And now items that were in transit before NZ stopped accepting mail from China are listed as "in NZ" but not being forwarded. I won't dare speculate that maybe they are being quarentined or cleaned. It's pretty obvious.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
a reply to: matafuchs

Guys on a classic car forum I'm a member of are wondering why their parts from AliExpress haven't turned,I mentioned there's nobody to process orders,I got laughed at. And now items that were in transit before NZ stopped accepting mail from China are listed as "in NZ" but not being forwarded. I won't dare speculate that maybe they are being quarentined or cleaned. It's pretty obvious.

How much will your economy suffer in the future do you think?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Our economy is already laying off forestry workers and shutting Mills. China was our biggest trading partner as most countries are. It will be good for the housing market though,because Chinese were buying so many houses it drove prices to buy up,drove up rent prices massively (I'm a renter) ,but they would buy houses and not Tennant them,just leave them empty then resell for profit.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
To the fear of panic vs. disease,

The people of Wuhan obviously had little time to prepare nor for that matter much of China. Logic says western nations have had weeks if not months to get citizenry ready for potential of what may come about - that time has been and probably will continue to be squandered by fear of panic.

I would logically say as events have transpired that a little panic two weeks ago might have been healthy and we'd now be on our way to some sensible steps to counter whatever may be countered.

Instead our Government, its agencies, Media, Big Business and individuals have and are creating what I deem a "panic bubble" as it were.

The very scenario the panic fearers are on about will in my mind be a self created creature fulfilling and confirming the panic fearers world view due the bursting of that bubble whether by plan or accident.

Thats what happens when adults are treated as children rather than given the facts upfront and ugly like.

Very well said. I also like what I call the "silent panic approach to shopping". I live in a medical university town and international shipping port. What really this means to me, I watch (over the last 4 days) what people are buying and most importantly how well dressed they are. Doctors work during the day. All those men work during the day at the ports, guess whose doing the shopping during the day for all the necessities. Yep! You guessed it. That is why I call it the "silent panic, also".
Tokyo and its surrounding areas have 14 million people. Can you imagine if and when fear and panic set in.

But here is the catch. Jedi said something which is true about my recent post "fear and too much bs is being added, not his words, but you understand, what he failed to mention was I started to calm what people may think of panic fear with a sense of humor in my recent post and I'll continue to it, reason why. The govt. said yesterday and today "transportation" is a main concern. And that is a fact. Without transportation... the economy.... forget it. Nothing is going to happen in this country like it is happening in China. Hmm...

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ

Our economy is already laying off forestry workers and shutting Mills. China was our biggest trading partner as most countries are. It will be good for the housing market though,because Chinese were buying so many houses it drove prices to buy up,drove up rent prices massively (I'm a renter) ,but they would buy houses and not Tennant them,just leave them empty then resell for profit.

Thanks. Maybe the real estate market will see some common sense pricing.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Common tactic to launder money easily. Buy using USD from China, sell for purchase price or higher, leave money parked in NZ bank. It happens in USA and Canada also.

Some people are on Twitter saying Washington State has 700+ under observation for virus. Can’t find a source though.

Also few videos out of Wuhan now, WeChat especially noticeable lack of videos for last 2 days. Even Jennifer Zeng hasn’t posted many new videos.

My friends in southern China say that VPNs are now blocked in China.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Some people are on Twitter saying Washington State has 700+ under observation for virus. Can’t find a source though.

I saw that on CNN (I think) this afternoon & posted it here. Probably about 15 pages back now!

It was on epochtimes:

Washington State Monitoring 712 People for Coronavirus Symptoms
Hundreds of people in Washington state are under public health supervision for the novel coronavirus, state officials said ...

www.theepochtimes.com...

edit on 18-2-2020 by GlobalGold because: link added

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Update Feb 18/2020 - 11am

Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Global Cases (by JHU CSSE)
gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Canada
2 Toronto,Ont., 5 British Columbia, 1 London,Ont. total 8+15=23
Update on Diamond Princess : 2016-020 Sunday Tokyo time 5 pm
Canada: 15 Canadians are currently infected
All 27 Philippinos that are part of the crew have tested positive.WOW

Feb 6/2020 Japan reports 41 new cases of coronavirus on cruise ship
near Tokyo, raising ship's total to 61
Feb. 7/2020 --- 3 more confirm Tolal at 64
Feb. 8/2020 --- 6 more confirm Total at 70
Feb. 9/2020 -- 65 more confirm Total at 135
Feb. 11/2020 - 38 more confirm Total at 173
Feb. 12/2020 - 44 more confirm Total at 218
Feb. 14/2020 - 67 more confirm Total at 285
Feb. 15/2020 - 70 more confirm Total at 355
Feb. 16/2020 - 14 more confirm Total at 369
Feb. 17/2020 - 85 more confirm Total at 454
Feb. 18/2020 - 88 more confirm Total at 542
- 65 of them show no symptoms

416 American passengers on board (380 now off ship)Feb 16/20
14 test positive among US plane evacuees from Japan coronavirus ship:State Dept

65 Japanese on Diamond Princess disembarked the ship today. Destination unknown.

twitter.com...

multimedia.scmp.com...

docs.google.com...

JHU press release about the development of the dashboard:
hub.jhu.edu...

Save this Preparedness and Response Plan offline
www.hopkins-cepar.org...
Also
www.who.int...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If it's true that Japan doesn't have a version of the CDC, then they may not effectively have an agency or central authority to coordinate a response to this type of threat, not clearly. If that is so, then the Diamond Princess illustrates what may take place in the country.

I hope that's wrong, but if it's not, I'm not sure your worry is misplaced. Bureaucratic ineptitude for want of clear leadership and lines of authority in a situation can kill as much as anything else would.

Hi Ketsuko, good question. This is what we have and the Professor at Kobe probably explains it best on the video someone just posted. I should have bookmarked that video.

www.mhlw.go.jp...

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: Alien Abduct

DO share those calculations neighbour. Because it looks more like 2.5% not 14

First , I respectively ask where are you getting your 2.5?. Dont just say "WHO" .....please provide me with how you have came to this conclusion with numbers. If you do this then I will show you my numbers. I'm not saying I am right. I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm just saying.....

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trillium
Update Feb 18/2020 - 11am

Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Global Cases (by JHU CSSE)
gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Canada
2 Toronto,Ont., 5 British Columbia, 1 London,Ont. total 8+15=23
Update on Diamond Princess : 2016-020 Sunday Tokyo time 5 pm
Canada: 15 Canadians are currently infected
All 27 Philippinos that are part of the crew have tested positive.WOW

The 65 are going to a brand new hospital. There, they will be quarantine for a minimum of 14 days. I believe it is rented to the Japanese govt. at the present time. Also, it may just be exclusive to those on the ship that are positive tested.
Hope this helps you.

Yes, the Philippions are/were part of the "cooking crew". As mention, in one of my post. All crew members should have been removed and quarantine when the virus broke out and a special crew (possible Japanese military sent in). These are not my words. TV talk news show words and some others.

Feb 6/2020 Japan reports 41 new cases of coronavirus on cruise ship
near Tokyo, raising ship's total to 61
Feb. 7/2020 --- 3 more confirm Tolal at 64
Feb. 8/2020 --- 6 more confirm Total at 70
Feb. 9/2020 -- 65 more confirm Total at 135
Feb. 11/2020 - 38 more confirm Total at 173
Feb. 12/2020 - 44 more confirm Total at 218
Feb. 14/2020 - 67 more confirm Total at 285
Feb. 15/2020 - 70 more confirm Total at 355
Feb. 16/2020 - 14 more confirm Total at 369
Feb. 17/2020 - 85 more confirm Total at 454
Feb. 18/2020 - 88 more confirm Total at 542
- 65 of them show no symptoms

416 American passengers on board (380 now off ship)Feb 16/20
14 test positive among US plane evacuees from Japan coronavirus ship:State Dept

65 Japanese on Diamond Princess disembarked the ship today. Destination unknown.

twitter.com...

multimedia.scmp.com...

docs.google.com...

JHU press release about the development of the dashboard:
hub.jhu.edu...

Save this Preparedness and Response Plan offline
www.hopkins-cepar.org...
Also
www.who.int...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>