It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Thoughtful1
you have to be extremely careful when taking the gear off or you will still contaminate yourself.

Something else I'd thought about...

Health care workers wearing these kinds of suits, even if they didn't contract it themselves, would be spreading it around physically every time they went from room to room - unless they completely decontaminated and donned new gear before entering every room, which they obviously are not doing.

The protection is for them, and them alone. No clue as to how they are getting infected even when wearing it...

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

An update to the previous post regarding the use of the yellow suit kinda important to have correct info which is why I’m posting a reply as I can’t update the post,
so when The yellow suit is used, and once finished then it’s 15 - 20 mins in the decontamination shower then the suit is removed ( backward from suit up) and the second person then seals the suit in a sealed bag, then autoclave ( effectively melting the suit to nothing ) and then disposed of via incineration in the hospital contaminated waste incinerator they are not reused!
I have confirmed this with staff in the infectious diseases unit here, felt it was right to update my previous info to be correct

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: primalfractal
a reply to: Rich Z
Breathing ozone is dangerous and should not be done at all.

Actually, you can (I've done it many times, as has my Dad) by bubbling it through olive oil...

Ozone in higher concentrations can be hard on the lungs but olive oil may have removed most of it by the time it bubbles through. Europe uses ozone in water treatment and only adds a little chlorine before pumping into the water system to keep it clean in the pipes. Interestingly, a historic treatment for decubitis ulcers included intravenous ozonated saline. Now, that is not used because of toxicity. The EPA warns against casual use of ozone in occupied spaces because of damage to lung tissue.

www.epa.gov...

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
I don't see the point of following this anymore tbh
it has completely breached the dam of containment
everybody will get this,this is just a forgone conclusion
It is likely to circulate for years
unless by a miracle it dies out
They've lost track of it,we have lost track of it
it is what it is.

I doubt "everybody" will get this. A lot could, but that's not even guaranteed at this point. Heck.. let's say they are off by 100 times the # in the U.S. - what % of is 1,500 people out of 327 million? It's far too early to claim everyone (or even 50%.. or even 20% of the population) will get this. Could happen over the course of a year, if containment is never seriously approached. And 1% of that 20% or 50% could die as a result - which really would be tragic.

But it's far too early to be assuming the worst. How many outside of China have caught it from other people outside of China at this point? The # is very very low.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Unfortunately this is correct ( when they are confirmed as having it)
When not yet confirmed then it’s one suit one nurse or doctor for one room maybe more that one patient in a room in that case, which is where it starts to become hard work changing so much, and the risk increases fast for health care worker to become contaminated

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: Aldolas
There was the story of the 5 million traveled out from Hubein before lockdown, i would assume that in the time they were fleeing many possible allready were in contact with infected persons.

Two corrections - they supposedly left WuHan, and they weren't fleeing, it was part of their normal travel at that time of year (Chinese New Years or something?). Otherwise, yeah, they should have spread it significantly, so we wouldn't be nearly as far behind (lagging) as some are saying.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
It has been 3 weeks and 1 day since those first suspected cases in Connecticut popped up. Still no word. Still showing as "suspected cases". As I've mentioned many times, there are dozens of other cases that are about 3 weeks old right now, here in the US that we haven't received updates on.

That's F'd up. How are they getting confirmed cases so quickly in countries that don't have the same modernized medicine or industry, yet here in the US we're waiting over 3 weeks to get results.

Are the healthcare institutions being directed to hold off on news for awhile or are they legitimately still waiting for results on some of these cases? It makes no sense to me whatsoever, other than the healthcare institutions receiving gag orders (which also goes in line with a lot of other anecdotes we've been hearing...)

Cause they are hiding the reality of the infected as not to cause panic. My theory is they just are gonna let it run through the system and roll the dice on who lives or dies from it.

Same with the CDC confirmed cases in the US. It's 15 right and has been for days! I call BS.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: redpassion
"Sorry, but googling doesn't reveal the details we'd need to evaluate these reports, and sorry, if you are going to provide a source, it is on you to do the translating.

If they are asymptomatic, they are irrelevant to the specific issue being discussed."

Seriously, you can't copy paste a link into Google translator?

I can, but my time is limited, I'm monitoring this thread for any news of consequence, and participating as I can, in between everything else I do during the day (I have mostly a desk job).

Want me to copy a full article into here just because you can't copy/paste?

No, but if you are going to post something as a rebuttal to something I said, you need to include the pertinent details in the post, not require me to go translate something to try to discern whether or not your argument has merit.

I just put the links to where I got the info about the nationalities that got positive so that then you or someone doesn't come and say "linky or it didn't happen"....

You were asking nationalities on board the ship, I copy pasted in my post the ones that turned out positive. The only ones we know about.

No... I was asking about nationalities - and their status.

Again, no one is questioning whether or not non-asians can test positive. What is in question is whether or not non-asians will suffer serious symptoms.
edit on 18-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: FamCore
It has been 3 weeks and 1 day since those first suspected cases in Connecticut popped up. Still no word. Still showing as "suspected cases". As I've mentioned many times, there are dozens of other cases that are about 3 weeks old right now, here in the US that we haven't received updates on.

That's F'd up. How are they getting confirmed cases so quickly in countries that don't have the same modernized medicine or industry, yet here in the US we're waiting over 3 weeks to get results.

Are the healthcare institutions being directed to hold off on news for awhile or are they legitimately still waiting for results on some of these cases? It makes no sense to me whatsoever, other than the healthcare institutions receiving gag orders (which also goes in line with a lot of other anecdotes we've been hearing...)

Cause they are hiding the reality of the infected as not to cause panic. My theory is they just are gonna let it run through the system and roll the dice on who lives or dies from it.

Same with the CDC confirmed cases in the US. It's 15 right and has been for days! I call BS.

Precisely. I'm just surprised more people aren't asking questions about why it's taking so long.

The most recent US case was the confirmed one in TX I believe a few days ago. You're right, for a multitude of reasons that 15 number in the US seems way, way too low

Thanks for your reply..

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
FAKE NEWS ALERT

More fake news. No way is this a real picture of dead people . Obviously posted to cause fear by someone with a hidden agenda of their own.
In fact it is art .....
"People lay down in a pedestrian zone as part of an art project in remembrance of the 528 victims of the 'Katzbach' Nazi concentration camp, in Frankfurt, March 24, 2014."
twitter.com...
You have to question every photo and video that's linked to this virus. How many will turn out to be fake or unrelated.

edit on 18-2-2020 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Twitter post show wuhan now has a total curfew.... noone is allowed out. Not even that one person to go shopping... insane

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Personally don’t know if it’s possible to hide something like that outside of ccp, North Korea or Russia, there’s to many people, something like hospitals filling up, people being ill not being treated etc on mass scale would be noticed, for instance : how many videos have you seen online of someone filming things as they happen everywhere else in the world? Think we all saw 9/11 happen pretty much live ( world wide and I guess if people are old enough!) , it’s many I’ll wager!, I don’t think anyone could clean up, remove or silence that many voices ( I could be wrong , but having close contact with the local hospitals and staff I can say for sure they definetly are not here!, maybe they are hiding the infected somewhere else I don’t know but that really unlikely tbh again if them at was the case we would see the military or other moving them or someone would post a video saying wtf, but again nothing ), doesn’t mean something isn’t happening but that’s a lot to cover and have no leaks don’t you think???

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
Without actually knowing everything about it, and the factors affecting the people involved that’s impossible statement to make or conclusion to draw from a limited manipulated data set.

No, it isn't - because I'm not saying it with any degree of certainty, I'm simply pointing out that there is evidence that it doesn't affect non-chinese outside China in the same way, said evidence being - the actual live, non-asian people outside China that have tested positive, but most of whom haven't even gotten sick, let alone seriously ill or died.

Is it possible we are being lied to by our own governments? Of course? But to the point that we have large numbers of seriously ill/dying/dead people? No, I don't see that as possible.

By that logic you could assume the conclusion that it was a chemical spill and that only people in the area are affected and they leaked a SARS variant to cover it up 🤷🏽‍♂️

I have said before it is possibly, imo, that something nasty was released from the lab, and this virus is being used to cover it up... so, joke intended or not, yes, I do think that is a possibility. Likely? No, but possible.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

What else are governments supposed to do? Freak out and start quarantining like they did/are doing in China? All that's led to is an apparently worse situation, and actions that are bordering on human rights issues.

If this virus is effectively just "with us" now, no matter what quarantine measures we try to take, those that are prone to get it will get it at some point over the next few years, regardless.

So, given that, isn't it just best to accept that we're going to have a rough few years in terms of cold/flu season (many more deaths than usual, and the associated social grief), increase education, work towards a vaccine/cure asap, slowly release over time that this is with us balanced with good news of medical progress, try to minimise panic and collectively reduce the global impact by just getting on with day to day life?
edit on 18-2-2020 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I get your point of the incomplete manipulated current data available suggests that, but that doesn’t make that evidence, only a theory based on the info available there’s a big difference in the two
The rest I can’t argue with 🤷🏽‍♂️ I can’t prove or dispute it either way

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You do understand that testing positive for the virus is not the same as 'getting the disease', right.

It might sound really simple of me, but I'm so glad you said that! I've not really stopped to think about the fact that this is 2 parts.. a virus and a disease. So, a rhetorical question really, but do you think that in the far east (specifically China/wuhan) people are contracting the virus and developing the disease quite often, but further west, we may well all be contracting the virus without even realising, but for what ever reason the disease is not developing? Hence the quick recoveries and so far 0 deaths? Or is this what everyone's been saying and I've just skim read too much and missed it?!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Sorry tanstaafl, the above message was a reply to you.. I cocked it all up!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

It's 15 right and has been for days!

It HAS been, you're right. It's showing as 29 now on this site.
Does this higher number reflect the cruise ship evacuees?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

It's 15 right and has been for days!

It HAS been, you're right. It's showing as 29 now on this site.
Does this higher number reflect the cruise ship evacuees?

Gonna reply to myself here, because the GIS Site shows separate data for the Diamond Princess ship, and still shows US has 29 cases.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
When you answer a question, and this person in particular doesn't like the answer, he/she invariably changes the question and claims you haven't answered it. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Nice, since what is happening is people are not answering the question.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain to thank for that gem)

Yes, and excellent advice it is...

<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join