It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: all2human

Do NOT touch your face with your hands when out period

Your whole post is great advice, but may I recommend keeping your hands away from your face wherever you are--not only "when out". You wouldn't believe how they drill this into transplant patients. You can hardly ever assume your hands won't infect you.

On the rare times I have to and couldn't wash my hands first, I've used something else like a tissue straight from the box that hasn't had anything touch the part I'm touching to my face.

100% Decontamination is actually pretty tough to do. I know when I am working on one of the vehicles, I use rubber gloves and am as careful as I can be with the oil and grease on the gloves trying not to get it everywhere. But invariably, a few days later my wife will be glaring at me accusingly because I had a spot of grease on my shirt and/or pants. So I don't imagine trying to keep a virus at bay is going to be any more successful. But I have to say I have never found a spot of grease on my face afterwards.

Cleansing yourself of an airborne virus is going to be downright tough to do. I doubt very few people have a decontamination chamber they can utilize before going into their home. I guess I could use my garage, since it is detached from my home. There is only a small section between the garage and my home where someone would catch a glimpse of my naked butt running across the lawn.

It is going to be quite a challenge to be 100% decontaminated when you come back from being out. For most people I would imagine that it just is not feasible. Especially with an organism that is claimed to be able to remain viable for 9 days on objects after being deposited there by a carrier.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
This is not encouraging:

The head of a hospital in Wuhan just died from the Coronavirus.

These doctors have a habit of dying and then not dying

Dr. Liu Zhiming, head of Wuchang Hospital, fell critically ill with the coronavirus that broke out in Wuhan in December, the Daily Mail reported, citing a local health official.
The People’s Daily initially reported that he had died, but later deleted the news from Twitter

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Need to postmark again.

Nothing to add at this time.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z
Definitely. Public restrooms are a double edge sword, needing them to wash hands, but breathing in air after someone just unloaded could get you sick. The odor you are smelling are small particles of fecal matter that could have the virus on it. I have seen places with a wash sink for hands out separate of the restroom but those are rare.

health.howstuffworks.com...
edit on 17-2-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: checkmeout

You could be onto something, and that needs to be watched further … but - if someone dies, it gets in the news, and then someone deletes it from Twitter, maybe they EITHER didn't die (possible) or were resurrected (? ? ? ). ? Or they died, and it was deleted from the news retroactively? I don't know *shrug*

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
BREAKING 26min ago:

Official Apple public statement about the supply chain disruption due to virus. I guess the economy and the market will begin to factor in the effects of the virus.

Our quarterly guidance issued on January 28, 2020 reflected the best information available at the time as well as our best estimates about the pace of return to work following the end of the extended Chinese New Year holiday on February 10. Work is starting to resume around the country, but we are experiencing a slower return to normal conditions than we had anticipated. As a result, we do not expect to meet the revenue guidance we provided for the March quarter due to two main factors.
The first is that worldwide iPhone supply will be temporarily constrained. While our iPhone manufacturing partner sites are located outside the Hubei province — and while all of these facilities have reopened — they are ramping up more slowly than we had anticipated. The health and well-being of every person who helps make these products possible is our paramount priority, and we are working in close consultation with our suppliers and public health experts as this ramp continues. These iPhone supply shortages will temporarily affect revenues worldwide.
The second is that demand for our products within China has been affected.All of our stores in China and many of our partner stores have been closed. Additionally, stores that are open have been operating at reduced hours and with very low customer traffic. We are gradually reopening our retail stores and will continue to do so as steadily and safely as we can. Our corporate offices and contact centers in China are open, and our online stores have remained open throughou

Source: Apple quarterly guidance statement

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: SailorJerry

The proof of that theory would be if Asians living in other countries with much better air quality who tend to culturally smoke like their countries of choice do -- American Asians or Australian Asians, etc. -- end up with better overall outcomes more in line with what we're seeing in the rest of the world.

Were gonna find out in Japan here in short order

I just spoke with someone who is in Japan. She is not happy with the Chinese, to put it mildly. Like that hasn't been a strained enough relationship between those two nations since WWII.
edit on 17-2-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

I can never unread that
thanks

fleeting thought
Maybe this is the 'action' demanded from Gretta Thunburg in her discourse on man's impact on the environment

'Chinese-Canadian businesses report up to 70% business drop amid virus fears'
got some resistance about this from misplaced flying clay disk
'China is disinfecting and destroying cash to contain the coronavirus'
literally destroying cash

PLACATE THE PUBLIC is their response
locally we have been given instructions by our health authority:
“if you’re feeling sick, stay at home. Wash your hands frequently and take precautions if you’re coughing and sneezing.”

A bit late don't you think? testing and treating AFTER the fact is not good enough
17% go serious with this illness
irresponsible and dangerous

Considering the incubation period,If this is going to spread,they have allowed the perfect conditions for it to do so.
edit on 17-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
A couple of thoughts that have been going around in my head today. Apologies if these have already been covered - trying to keep up with the thread as much as possible, but it's moving so quickly!

Much debate about whether or not this is a manufactured virus, but putting that to one side, is this 'mother nature' redressing the balance? Conditions in China, in particular, aren't great in terms of living standards, overcrowding, pollution and so on. The virus has specifically evolved to target those threats to the equilibrium. If this is as insidious as some people are suggesting then the population has been thinned, factories and travel lessen considerably and a healthy balance can be achieved again.

Next, I know the whole HIV inserts aspect of the virus has been debunked now, but what if this whilst not being HIV or related to it, has similar properties to HIV? Initial illness is the virus getting 'established' within the host. Mild flu-like symptoms but nothing much more than that. However, the immune system is to all intents and purposes now shut down.
Leaves the patient susceptible to reinfection or the other conditions that are being reported with regards to pneumonia/heart problems etc.

Just hypothesizing, trying to make some sort of sense of what is *actually* happening - be gentle!

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
a reply to: Violater1

This is the first I have heard 2019-nCoV being a retrovirus, capable of using the hosts cells DNA for replication. If I am reading it right.

Wuhan nCoV-2019 SARS Coronaviruses Genomics Fractal Metastructures Evolution

This last observation opens here an interesting theoretical track on 2 possible strategies of integration of retroviruses in eucharyotic chromosomes:

1 / symbiosis strategy by complementarity: example of HIV more frequently integrating chromosomes 20 16 17 22 19. These chromosomes have a poor HGO (Human Genome Optimum) ratio, it will be slightly improved by the integration of the virus...

2 / symbiosis strategy by wave agreement, resemblance: this could be the case of the coronavirus which would integrate by a kind of harmonic agreement to chromosomes 4 or 13, located at the beginning of the HGO table, which have like it Fibonacci waves . This would hardly affect the resulting HGO ratio or even strengthen it: This is surely the case with RETROTRANSPOSONS ...

Finally, we have recognized here 2 laws of symbiosis of nature: agreement because very DIFFERENT, and agreement because very SIMILAR. Strategies that we find up to the affinities between humans ... !!!

If the genome of the 2019-nCoV retrovirus has adopted this second strategy of integration into the human genome, this could explain the fact observed at the beginning of 2020: a moderately pathogenic virus but which spreads very quickly ... Because its retrovirus would be judiciously adapted to its (supposed) host chromosome4 of the human genome?

It does appear that there is some kind of harmonic relationship between 2019-nCov and chromosomes 4 and 13. As for what all this means and how exactly the virus affects DNA is still unclear. For explaining the high rates of transferability there maybe something to it. I understand some of the basic maths, but a lot of the technology in the paper is new to me.

If 2019-nCoV was a retrovirus then I expect we would of known about it by now. It does make the long term implications of the CORVID-19 disease much more serious.

Yes, the CoVID19 is a retrovirus.
asm.org...
www.cdc.gov...

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: all2human

Do NOT touch your face with your hands when out period

Your whole post is great advice, but may I recommend keeping your hands away from your face wherever you are--not only "when out". You wouldn't believe how they drill this into transplant patients. You can hardly ever assume your hands won't infect you.

On the rare times I have to and couldn't wash my hands first, I've used something else like a tissue straight from the box that hasn't had anything touch the part I'm touching to my face.

100% Decontamination is actually pretty tough to do. I know when I am working on one of the vehicles, I use rubber gloves and am as careful as I can be with the oil and grease on the gloves trying not to get it everywhere. But invariably, a few days later my wife will be glaring at me accusingly because I had a spot of grease on my shirt and/or pants. So I don't imagine trying to keep a virus at bay is going to be any more successful. But I have to say I have never found a spot of grease on my face afterwards.

Cleansing yourself of an airborne virus is going to be downright tough to do. I doubt very few people have a decontamination chamber they can utilize before going into their home. I guess I could use my garage, since it is detached from my home. There is only a small section between the garage and my home where someone would catch a glimpse of my naked butt running across the lawn.

It is going to be quite a challenge to be 100% decontaminated when you come back from being out. For most people I would imagine that it just is not feasible. Especially with an organism that is claimed to be able to remain viable for 9 days on objects after being deposited there by a carrier.

I know. I think that's why the Post-Transplant team stressed keeping your hands away from your face, washing them well, etc., versus attacking the environment as long as it's kept clean in a normal manner.

Well, I've actually stripped off in the catio on the back porch when we were exposed to unknown cats before, so....yeah, that could be happening here. The washer's right inside the door. It's okay if you streak across your lawn.

edit on 17-2-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: roflhoff

Please post links (scientific papers, studies...) where the HIV part of CoVID19 have been debunked.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Apologies... conclusively debunked perhaps not, but the paper that caused the initial furor was retracted.
edit on 17-2-2020 by roflhoff because: wording

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Heathrow Hotel to be used as quarantine facility.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: Rich Z
Definitely. Public restrooms are a double edge sword, needing them to wash hands, but breathing in air after someone just unloaded could get you sick. The odor you are smelling are small particles of fecal matter that could have the virus on it. I have seen places with a wash sink for hands out separate of the restroom but those are rare.

health.howstuffworks.com...

ROFLMAO.
You're smelling methane gas, not particles of poo.
I'm not saying that an aerosol is not formed during an aggressive toilet flushing.
But your flatulence is a by product of the e-coli digesting the food in your gut.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
a reply to: pasiphae

- Diamond Princess: 3700 people cases: 454 = 12.3% deaths: 0 = 0% serious: 19 = 0.51% recovered: 17 = 0.46%

They haven’t tested all 3700 passengers. Only 1700... which makes the % more like 26%

On one hand, they are likely testing people who show symptoms, so the untested have a bias toward not infected.
On the other hand, with only 0.46% recovered, only time will tell if they recover or go serious.
The 0% deaths part is encouraging.

From what the couple on the ship who did an interview said.... they were testing in age groups. The oldest first. So no, they are not testing just those who have symptoms.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: checkmeout

You could be onto something, and that needs to be watched further … but - if someone dies, it gets in the news, and then someone deletes it from Twitter, maybe they EITHER didn't die (possible) or were resurrected (? ? ? ). ? Or they died, and it was deleted from the news retroactively? I don't know *shrug*

Apparently with the first Dr. Dr Li who made the mistake of raising a flag about the outbreak, he died and it was announced and then the powers that be said no that can't happen so he was attached to ECMO only to be re declared dead later. I suspect the same with this one. He is high status. Very poor PR for an already flagging party. (Obvs can't verify any of that but there were vids on twitter at the time)
edit on 2/17/2020 by checkmeout because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/17/2020 by checkmeout because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It was a fake...

You be the judge. Suppose to be new video out of hubei.
edit on 17-2-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

You be the judge. Suppose to be new video out of hubei.

Whose ever driving, I don't think they are going to stay healthy for very long.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
For those who would rather watch a YouTube video than read about the COVID-19 event...

I am not a virologist, but I am a lifelong biologist. And I can read about stuff. This is a special episode about the Corona virus outbreak. Here I cover the contents of a few blogs to try and see what real information might be out there in the wild.

Long story short: It seems likely that the virus 2019-nCoV is a bioengineered virus that was accidentally released from a laboratory in Wuhan, China. Even when only considering the dubious nature of the genome of this virus, it is highly unlikely that this virus resulted from natural recombination

new topics

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join