It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Farm Bureau and Mississippi Dept. of Public Safety Ban Employees From Wearing Nikes

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

but are they wearing their political ideology?? or are they just wearing the only pair of shoes they happen to own and just don't feel strongly enough about the NFL bullcrap to ditch them and go around barefoot till payday!

Why should they have to? Consider this...wearing Nike brand clothing is not an endorsement of Kap nor is it distracting or chaotic or anything of the sort. Normal people don't care about stuff like this.

Cut the poor poor pitiful me excuse. People working at the Department of Public Safety or Texas Farm Bureau can afford another pair of shoes.....sheeeesh!

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

I pretty much agree with most of that. But, Nike is now promoting CK, a very controversial figure that many see as anti-American and anti-law enforcement.

Nike chose to use someone like that. Nike made a statement by endorsing this activist. People with common sense can see that.

Wearing their brand is going to elicit an emotional reaction from some people. Some people are going to recoil at your Nike apparel because of what they think it stands for.

It's like allowing your salesmen to sport a MAGA hat when they make sales calls. Some customers/clients are going to react.

(Rightly or wrongly, it really is a safety issue.)

I disagree. In fact all of my kids have Nike shoes. NOt to support Kap, but because someone took them shopping for back to school and (Randomnly and innocently( they just happened to pick the Nike store. I can't afford to buy them new shoes...they're kinda stuck with em.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

lol... I'd love to see the bosses checking to see what brand of undies people are wearing.

That would be interesting! LOL

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Again, Reebok endorses the KKK, noobody can tell them not to wear them to work??

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I don't blame you
....But wearing school shoes are not like employees representing an agency wearing Nike apparel. It's probably not just shoes, but shirts, hats, etc. There are angry people out there right now about CK's anti police anti American persona. They don't want to see a rep wearing the clothes of a company that supports him.

It's about safety and protecting your employees for the time being.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
secretaries working for the farm bereau make under ten an hour...

Link

Due to the number of complaints following Nike's latest "Just Do It" campaign, Texas Farm Bureau told its field staff Wednesday, which includes roughly 600 people, to refrain from wearing shirts that featured Nike and Texas Farm Bureau branding, spokesman Gene Hall said. All other bureau employees can still wearing Nike, despite news reports last week suggesting otherwise, Hall added.

patch.com...

so, they seem to have just told their field staff not to wear the duel branded shirts, which they've been phasing out the last few years..

and, the Mississippi Dept. of Public Safety just announced that they would no longer purchase products from Nike...

Meanwhile, in a statement to the Associated Press, Mississippi Department of Public Safety commissioner Marshall Fisher said the agency which oversees the Highway Patrol, Bureau of Narcotics, Bureau of Investigation, Office of Homeland Security, the state crime lab and the state medical examiner, would no longer purchase goods from Nike.

“As commissioner of the Department of Public Safety, I will not support vendors who do not support law enforcement and our military,” Fisher wrote in the statement.

A spokesman said the department has bought shoes, shirts and tactical training uniforms from the sportswear company in the past, despite the fact that an Associated Press search of the database that documents state purchases seems to show that Mississippi has spent a grand total of zero dollars on Nike products in the past fiscal year.

www.theroot.com...

which is far from banning the 911 operator from wearing her own nike jacket to work, don't ya think??

The mayor of Kenner, LA announced that the city would no longer buy nike products for it's recreational programs but went further and told Kenner affiliated Booster clubs and such not to buy the products if they wanted to use the city's recreational facilities. He also banned the community staff from wearing products. but, he back tracked at the advice of the city's attorneys and in response to the protests that followed his announcement.

Link 1

and, well, you can make out what you will from this one.

Link2

and then there's the Truett McConnell University announcing that they would cut ties from Nike, which basically means that no Nike products will be sold in their college bookstore.

Link3

and... just for the humor...
Isis bans Nike clothing...
because it's name sounds like the islamic word for sex...

Link4

so ya, let's cut the crap....
your nike protest isn't forcing employees to discard their nike products anytime soon!

edit on 17-9-2018 by dawnstar because: just trying to get all the links working!

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

so let me get this straight...
after all the threads up threads proclaiming just how dangerous and violent the left is...
are you saying the we should all put our nike's away because some enraged trumpeter is apt to physically harm us over the danged shoes we are wearing???

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I'm saying that the TFB and MDPS have made a policy decision to protect their employees against the possibility of an unsafe incident. This, too, shall pass....in time. CK is too controversial and Nike's CHOICE to rub him in your face created this environment.

That's what I am saying.

edit on 17-9-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

find my one link where the decision makers of these groups have mentioned the protection of their employees in their justification...

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Find me one business owner that wants their employees wearing stuff that may cause heated political arguments on the job, or piss off customers.
edit on 17-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Again, Reebok endorses the KKK, noobody can tell them not to wear them to work??

I just tried to google that and didn't come up with anything? I need some proof or a link please.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I don't blame you
....But wearing school shoes are not like employees representing an agency wearing Nike apparel. It's probably not just shoes, but shirts, hats, etc. There are angry people out there right now about CK's anti police anti American persona. They don't want to see a rep wearing the clothes of a company that supports him.

It's about safety and protecting your employees for the time being.

I don't think it's about safety or protecting employees. You can't live life being scared of everything. We'd all be bubble wrapped from 6am to 10pm.

It's about someone being offended by a nike ad and throwing a temper tantrum and telling employees not to wear nike apparel. They really can't do that.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Its a comparative thought experiment.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Welcome to idiocracy , where people boycott products based on their political leanings ....

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Can't ban that it risk a constitutional amendment

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Man, we be sportin' Vans and we throw away Nikes
If you wanna get right, stop buyin' those Nikes
Get some new #in' Vans and you'll bet you look icy

sup mah 8th page doods

Sole thick, like a big booty chick.
edit on 17-9-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Its a comparative thought experiment.

I'm about to go buy some Nike's, Not because I love Kap or Child slave labor, but just to piss some people off. Would love to see someone start a fight with me.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

This has nothing to do with political leanings. Nike was always liberal. It's that they chose someone who says America is racist and the flag is a symbol of oppression to represent their brand agreeing with him.

No one cares if Nike or Kaep are Democrats.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I just tried to google that and didn't come up with anything? I need some proof or a link please.

He's giving a hypothetical. If Reebok started endorsing the KKK would you be ok with people boycotting them?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

This has nothing to do with political leanings. Nike was always liberal. It's that they chose someone who says America is racist and the flag is a symbol of oppression to represent their brand agreeing with him.

No one cares if Nike or Kaep are Democrats.

How is it possible a shoe company or what should say corporation can be liberal.? Perhaps this is a little more partisan than you're willing to admit.

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join