It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Farm Bureau and Mississippi Dept. of Public Safety Ban Employees From Wearing Nikes

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: amazing

Again, Reebok endorses the KKK, noobody can tell them not to wear them to work??

I just tried to google that and didn't come up with anything? I need some proof or a link please.

He's giving a hypothetical. If Reebok started endorsing the KKK would you be ok with people boycotting them?

If they literally came out endorsing the KKK, I would definitely have a problem with it. I don't think I would ban my employees from wearing them. Just like Skin heads all through the late 80s/90s wore Doc Martins. I don't have a problem with someone wearing Doc Martins. I don't automatically assume they're nazi skin heads in disguise.

Nike and Kap isn't even close. He's not advocating anything that radical. Taken a step further. Kap was and has said that he's protesting police brutality and racial injustice. That doesn't imply that he hates cops and thinks black people are better than white people. In fact protesting police brutality and racial injustice seems like a good thing, right?

Protesting police brutality doesn't imply that you hate all cops. Racial injustice doesn't imply that you hate white people.

So I still don't get why people are upset with Nike...not to this level. If you were to say to me "Amazing.. I just don't like the way Kap protested and I feel a little offended by it. So I'm not going to buy any Nike products and I'm giving all my old Nike products to Charity and I don't think we'll be watching anymore NFL games either."

I would say. "Okay...that's reasonable and that's your right." I support you. I'm going to wear Nike products and watch NFL games though. You cool with with that?"

As an American, I would hope you would say...that's your choice go ahead. You have that freedom. Just like if you told me you voted for Hillary or Trump or Jill Stein or the Libertarian or Constitution party guy. I wouldn't hate you insult you or anything. That's what makes this country great. We can all do what we want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

When did we turn into a country of little whiny babies...we cry when someone won't bake a cake. We cry when Trump gets elected. We cry when Kap kneels. We cry when Tim Allen shows get canceled. We cry when Tebow kneels for the national anthem. (you guys are all mad at him too right?) We cry when Hillary loses. We cry when Antifa scares us too much. (Really?) We Cry when our employees wear Nike shoes. We need to grow up and mature and be tough like our forefathers were. George Washington wouldn't have cried about this. LOL
edit on 18-9-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   
i would wear them anyway and nike shirt and pants too, and if they fire me then to hell with them, they werent worth working for in the first place. you can tell an employee what to wear to a certain extent, if it interferes with work. how the hell do nike shoes interfere with work! bunch of pansies.
edit on 19-9-2018 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

There is a difference between a skin head wearing a brand and a brand endorsing someone that says Hitler had it right and asking them to be their spokesperson because of their love of Hitler.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Is there really? Brands are regularly co-opted by groups without the consent of the actual company. It still becomes a political symbol. Papa John's stock plummeted when it was declared the "Pizza of the Alt-Right." And let's not forget Pepe the Frog. Despite numerous protestations and lawsuits from the creator it is now pretty much 100% associated with the Alt-Right.

Once a symbol becomes associated with a particular ideology it becomes hard to separate the two. If instead of Nike these organizations has instead chosen to prohibit employees from wearing New Balance because that is the preferred shoe brand of neo-Nazis would you also support the move?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

There is a difference between a skin head wearing a brand and a brand endorsing someone that says Hitler had it right and asking them to be their spokesperson because of their love of Hitler.

But in no way is Kap endorsing a radical hate group. Still not sure why a business, government agency or any organization would try to ban employees from wearing nikes.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Kaep says he believes the flag is a symbol of oppression and America as a country oppresses black people.

That's what Nike now supports and stands for.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I don't care about preferred shoe, I care about who a company endorses saying their values and beliefs are the same.

I would never think to ban Nike because Kaepernick likes them.
edit on 19-9-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: dawnstar

Nike drew the line in the sand; not the other way around. Now they must see how the real majority feels. They picked the wrong side. The Anti-American side. We won’t go out and loot and pillage, we won’t scream for dead cops. We will simply hurt their bottom line and watch how quickly their values change.

I'll just leave this article about the effect on Nike's sales right here.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

When did we turn into a country of little whiny babies...we cry when someone won't bake a cake. We cry when Trump gets elected. We cry when Kap kneels. We cry when Tim Allen shows get canceled. We cry when Tebow kneels for the national anthem. (you guys are all mad at him too right?) We cry when Hillary loses. We cry when Antifa scares us too much. (Really?) We Cry when our employees wear Nike shoes. We need to grow up and mature and be tough like our forefathers were. George Washington wouldn't have cried about this. LOL

Excellent post.

There were no tears at Valley Forge! Can you imagine MacArthur blubbering because he had to retreat to Australia? Robert E Lee bawling because he lost?

There is a growing culture of victimhood these days, dressed up as righteous indignation.

Mind you, these are crazy days. Would anyone have expected the GOP to embrace a massive deficit?
edit on 19-9-2018 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Dead cat bounce.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Kaep says he believes the flag is a symbol of oppression and America as a country oppresses black people.

That's what Nike now supports and stands for.

One of his quotes..

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

You can disagree with him, of course. But it's still not saying he hates the flag and there are some instances where minorities are still treated poorly by the police. He's not totally wrong here.

It's controversial by Nike but in no way is this hatred or a hateful position. If you want to protest Nike, as well as companies like Apple and Walmart. Do it because of the Child laber issues they haven't fully addressed.

Still no reason to ban the shoes or ban your employees for wearing them.

I'd like to ad that Kap does put his money where his protest is....handing out suits to people that need it, donating to schools and other programs. He really is trying to make a difference with other actions.
edit on 19-9-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

Excellent post.

There were no tears at Valley Forge! Can you imagine MacArthur blubbering because he had to retreat to Australia? Robert E Lee bawling because he lost?

There is a growing culture of victimhood these days, dressed up as righteous indignation.

Mind you, these are crazy days. Would anyone have expected the GOP to embrace a massive deficit?

Yeah and just look at the news. Right wing media did nothing by cry about Obama for 8 years and left wing media is doing nothing but crying about Trump now. It makes me sick. Instead of saying you hate Obama or hate Trump, take a look at why they actually got elected and what you can do to change the next election. We got no time for crying. Harde the F up and move forward!

<< 6  7  8   >>

join