It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Farm Bureau and Mississippi Dept. of Public Safety Ban Employees From Wearing Nikes

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: dawnstar

Nike drew the line in the sand; not the other way around. Now they must see how the real majority feels. They picked the wrong side. The Anti-American side. We won’t go out and loot and pillage, we won’t scream for dead cops. We will simply hurt their bottom line and watch how quickly their values change.

You are on the right track in thought.

Let the free market work it out without seeking new regulations and bans.

It is wide open now for a shoe company to come out with a pair of STAND UP foot gear.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

ummm ya, they picked the anti american side when they went off and started using the near slave labor of asia to produce their products. and all the little conservative republicans of the time was proclaiming just how good outsourcing was for our economy!!!

and if the employees are smart they will decide to find themselves a different job asap and hurt their employers bottom line and nip this trend at the bud!! the rights granted in the constitution were intended to ensure the people were ensured their rights not businesses and big corps. and yet, you seem to have no problem with employers meddling in the brand of shoes a person buys. add that to all the other ways that the businesses "constitutional rights" have bypassed our own, you seem to be wrapped in your flag, spouting your patriotism and cheering on the idea of giving your rights away to big corps!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

no, this isn't free market...
free market would allow the individuals to follow their own conscious, the own judgements when it comes to their purchases. if the individual is offended by what a company decides to do then they are free to decide to to purchase their products. that is blown out the window if a company that hires thousands of people begin to force their employees to honor their boycotts. forcing them to make needless purchases because you don't like their brand distorts the economic numbers that we all rely on to gauge just where this economy is going and make future projections on which we base our decisions.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I am not understanding your reply and i do not think you understood what i am advocating for.

Companies should either have a dress code that does not target specifically any brands or they should ignore people wearing nike and people should just buy and wear a shoe that promotes their values is they choose.

It is not right to target a specific brand with regulation.

Nike's choice has opened up the market for a competitor to compete with an opposing viewpoint.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Companies should either have a dress code that does not target specifically any brands or they should ignore people wearing nike and people should just buy and wear a shoe that promotes their values is they choose.

So if Reebok endorses the KKK it should be mandatory that places let their employees wear them in as "work clothes".

Next you'll be arguing that people shouldnt have to cover up their swastika tattoos at work.

edit on 17-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think this goes above and beyond.

I should be able to wear any clothing I want at a job as long as it's within the dress code and not offensive.. All clothing has some kind of log somewhere. If someone gives me a pair of nikes for my birthday and my place of employement allows Athletic/tennis shoes, they can't ban that. They can't ban my levi jeans, my Addidas Tshirt, my northface jacket, my steelers hat and my fruit of the loon underwear.

If you are angry at Nike for featuring Kap on an ad, then by all means boycott them and don't buy them. You should have that right, this is American and that's one of the best ways to protest. With your wallet, but when you tell me what I can't wear or you get offended by me for wearing Nikes...that's the definition of childish.

I'd love to see someone try to tell me not to wear a certain brand of clothing.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I should be able to wear any clothing I want at a job as long as it's within the dress code and not offensive..

Nike decided they want to be offensive to 'half' the population and now here we are.

Inherently there are going to be companies that dont tolerate such drama on their employees "work clothes".

That the resident leftists arent supporting this cause is beyond me, as I've see every way shape and form of censorship (especially when it supports their team / hurts the other team) to be brought up in this site the past two defended often times point blank.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: howtonhawky

So if Reebok endorses the KKK it should be mandatory that places let their employees wear them in as "work clothes".

Next you'll be arguing that people shouldnt have to cover up their swastika tattoos at work.

What a joke.

Why bring the kkk into your whataboutism?

Why not reebok just endorse standing for the anthem and rake in the support.

Next i will be arguing that you should not be so extreme in your thoughts.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I pretty much agree with most of that. But, Nike is now promoting CK, a very controversial figure that many see as anti-American and anti-law enforcement.

Nike chose to use someone like that. Nike made a statement by endorsing this activist. People with common sense can see that.

Wearing their brand is going to elicit an emotional reaction from some people. Some people are going to recoil at your Nike apparel because of what they think it stands for.

It's like allowing your salesmen to sport a MAGA hat when they make sales calls. Some customers/clients are going to react.

(Rightly or wrongly, it really is a safety issue.)

edit on 17-9-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

lol... I'd love to see the bosses checking to see what brand of undies people are wearing.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

lol... I'd love to see the bosses checking to see what brand of undies people are wearing.

So then you could scream #MeToo and get them all fired.

THis is all too funny coming from the scene that has males scared snipless to even say hello to females at work, oh but The Official Shoe of the SJW employers should get lawsuits if they dont want people wearing their political ideology on their sleeve / shoe / etc.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

people working for the department of public safety aren't trying to sell anyone anything!! they are taking care of that rabid racoon that is chasing you down the street, putting out the fire in your house, giving you cpr when you collapse, cleaning up the toxic spills when they happen, rescuing you when it floods, runs your 911 system...
so, if you are floating in a bunch of water are you really gonna look into the boat to find out what kind of clothing the guy is wearing and send them away if you disapprove? are you gonna send away the fireman that arrives to put out your fire?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

but are they wearing their political ideology?? or are they just wearing the only pair of shoes they happen to own and just don't feel strongly enough about the NFL bullcrap to ditch them and go around barefoot till payday!

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

You might want to do a little research.www.dps.state.ms.us...
They do so much more than what you laid out. Some of it is dangerous work. Why add to the danger? Safety concerns is probably 100% the reason for the edict.

Crime & Investigation
The Mississippi Department of Public Safety is one of the state’s strongest warriors in fighting and investigating crime. As home of the Bureau of Investigation, Bureau of Narcotics, the Crime Lab, Crime Stoppers, and the State Medical examiner, the department is here to serve the state and all its counties, cities and communities with expertise and professionalism.

Firearm Permit Division
It is our mission to issue concealed carry permits to all qualified individuals in the most efficient manner possible. We look forward to providing great customer service in facilitating the issuance of your Firearm Permit. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.

Here are some of their divisions:

Highway Patrol

Mississippi Bureau of Investigation

Bureau of Narcotics

Mississippi Homeland Security

Mississippi Crime Lab

Medical Examiner

Office of Administrative Operations

Law Enforcement Officer’s Training Academy

Public Safety Planning

Motor Carrier Safety Division

Crime Stoppers

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

ummm ya, they picked the anti american side when they went off and started using the near slave labor of asia to produce their products. and all the little conservative republicans of the time was proclaiming just how good outsourcing was for our economy!!!

Anecdotal, baseless,and irrelevant.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Mmm Irony mmmmmm

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

but are they wearing their political ideology?? or are they just wearing the only pair of shoes they happen to own and just don't feel strongly enough about the NFL bullcrap to ditch them and go around barefoot till payday!

Many are, and thats why instead of be mad at me, or employers, you should be mad at Nike for politiciczing the shoes so many people already wear.

edit on 17-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I cover up all my tats at work, even my swastika, because professionalism.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Cut the poor poor pitiful me excuse. People working at the Department of Public Safety or Texas Farm Bureau can afford another pair of shoes.....sheeeesh!

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: amazing

I should be able to wear any clothing I want at a job as long as it's within the dress code and not offensive..

Nike decided they want to be offensive to 'half' the population and now here we are.

Inherently there are going to be companies that dont tolerate such drama on their employees "work clothes".

That the resident leftists arent supporting this cause is beyond me, as I've see every way shape and form of censorship (especially when it supports their team / hurts the other team) to be brought up in this site the past two defended often times point blank.

But look at it from my point of view. I'm an independent. I'm a US Army Veteran. I served for Kap's right to protest. I also understand that my be offensive to some, and I'm okay with and love the fact that you can protest Nike all you want with your wallets. I think it's childish, but I also support and will defend your right to burn any nike clothing you want.

But when you try to tell me that I can't wear Nike at work as long as it's within the dress code? That's crossing the line. This is America. And even when we don't agree with each other, we don't tell each other what to wear or what to do.

Come on man. Telling me not to wear Levi's or Addidas, or Nike or Northface or Walmart brand shoes is ridiculous.

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join