It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Farm Bureau and Mississippi Dept. of Public Safety Ban Employees From Wearing Nikes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
No, seriously... the temper tantrums have now extended to political decision making.

Astounding isn't it?

KWTX reports that the Texas Farm Bureau, an organization that represents “the interests of agricultural producers and rural communities” informed employees that they could no longer wear Nikes to work. Upset that sporting goods company Nike chose Colin Kaepernick as the face of its 30th Anniversary of the “Just Do It” campaign, the nonprofit sent an email to workers explaining their decision, writing

Source

Good God Nike, you went ahead and did it now.

Despite the fact that the only employee who wore the shoes was Carl, the membership coordinator who fashionably paired his cowboy hat with a pair of Lebron James’ signature sneakers, the news is sure to impact sales of Nikes’ upcoming launch of the Lone Ranger 7s, a lightweight, very high top cowboy boot made for professional rodeo clowns and anyone who wants to mosey on down the road in comfortable footwear.

This following the decision by a Mayor in Louisiana to ban the public purchases of Nike gear by their administration, other State and local departments around the bible belt, and beyond, are following suit. I'm uncertain about the legality of all this, putting the pettiness aside ya know? I mean using tax payer money to, indirectly, attack a private business for political differences? I mean gosh? Just doesn't sit right.

Why can't we just boycott and burn items we purchase like good ol' fashioned free market supporters?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
"People in Charge"

Scary

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What is it you guys always say?

Their business their rules. AMIRIGHT?

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
"People in Charge"

Scary

Like the people in charge of social media trying to silence people?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Annee

Yeah, shouldnt you be impressed?

edit on 16-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

We keep hearing how Americans pride themselves on their " Freedom Of Speech "

Looks like this doesn't extend to " Freedom Of Footwear "

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

What is astounding to me is when the left does this it is a free speech issue.

When anyone else does it then it is a temper tantrum.

Good to see your propaganda hasn't slowed down... the midterms are coming!

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

That is limiting freedom of speech- even if it's NOT you making a statement- you feel comfortable in Nikes, screw whoever's selling them at the moment. They are a government entity, are they not?

These government types are just aching for a lawsuit, aren't they?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Lol, what happened to freedom of speech but not freedom of consistencies??

Triggered by how people respond to Kap and the other CTE people disrespecting America and the flag

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Well I think this is as wrong as having a restaurant ban someone for their political beliefs.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

When you support someone who says the flag is a symbol of oppression this is what you should expect. Good on them.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I disagree, no one cares if Kaep is a Democrat, that isn't what has people mad.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

When you support someone who says the flag is a symbol of oppression this is what you should expect. Good on them.

How is this good on anyone? Employers, especially government agencies should not be aloud to tell you a brand is not suitible for political reasons.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I didn't realize Texas farmers were such snowflakes.

Forgive me if I don't shed a tear for the Texas Farm Bureau or Nike or even Carl.

edit on 16-9-2018 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Besides B.B. King, Elvis, and Robert Johnson, I didn’t have much to be proud of. Now I have one more thing.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
What is it you guys always say?

Their business their rules. AMIRIGHT?

roflmao

The source is the Root no less. The Infowars for Black Nationalists!

Can't make this stuff up!

Also, I am using the term nationalist as redefined by the Progressive/Globalists not the common sense definition that means one who loves their country!

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

How is this good on anyone? Employers, especially government agencies should not be aloud to tell you a brand is not suitible for political reasons.

This is not political reasons. I would cheer this just like I would cheer them refusing to buy a brand that supports the KKK. Are you saying if Reebok started to support the KKK and places stopped buying Reebok you would have a problem with that?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If you think Kaepernick is wrong then challenge his ideas. Cogent, civil argument makes everyone smarter. Censoring everything you disagree with only makes you sheltered and ignorant. We need more of a maiuetic cohesive culture instead of a memetic tribal culture. It is killing us.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Since the entire side of most Nike shoes are a huge banner ad, it seems any job should be able to forbid them if they wish.

Like if you had a tshirt with a giant corporate logo across the front of it. They tell you wear one that doesnt.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

This is not political reasons. I would cheer this just like I would cheer them refusing to buy a brand that supports the KKK. Are you saying if Reebok started to support the KKK and places stopped buying Reebok you would have a problem with that?

That's a loaded analogy. It individuals who decide to buy, but the government shouldn't tell people they suddenly can't wear a brand for political reasons.

Using the KKK is false equivalency though. Two very different things. I think Kaepernick handled all of this poorly, but I also think people are being children about someone's opinion.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join