It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Farm Bureau and Mississippi Dept. of Public Safety Ban Employees From Wearing Nikes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Dont tell me what I like or dont.

I think the whole NFL thing is stupid. I mean the WHOLE thing (NFL that is)!

I think the bosses are morons for allowing their employees to politicize the kickoff of every game. Look at what its done for business.

They already did that when they took military money in exchange for the anthem to entice service, but the public eats it up even though it's a manipulative ploy they never did before.

Nice try though, one of those "mind this hand, but ignore the other" things for you or something?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The title of the OP is a tad misleading. Employees are not forbidden to wear Nike, just not while representing the company or agency. Nike is too controversial right now, and who needs that!

I sure don't want to see a rep show up at my place of business sporting Nike crap. But, I would just ignore it, although it would probably irk me in a subconscious way. I may decide not to buy what your selling because I am so irked.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

No, seriously... the temper tantrums have now extended to political decision making.

Is it tantrums ?
Or standing up for the country ?
I vote the latter .

Take a long vacation
Meditate on how reality is not yours to make

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Dont tell me what I like or dont.

I think the whole NFL thing is stupid. I mean the WHOLE thing (NFL that is)!

I think the bosses are morons for allowing their employees to politicize the kickoff of every game. Look at what its done for business.

They already did that when they took military money in exchange for the anthem to entice service, but the public eats it up even though it's a manipulative ploy they never did before.

Nice try though, one of those "mind this hand, but ignore the other" things for you or something?

That's actually not what happened. The anthem was already being played and players were already given the option to be on the sidelines. The players being on the sidelines for the Anthem as a routine actually began as a timing issue iirc and there was no pay involved. There has been pay, but the NFL did not start this practice because of being paid.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I don't know, what right leaning shoe company has a race baiting spokesman?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Might I suggest new balance? Superior shoe made by superior minds with the actual well being of the foot in mind. Much cheaper too. The downside? They’re not as trendy. If cost is really an issue, what are you doing buying Nike in the first place? I’ve been a lifelong wearer of Nike, Doc Martin, and converse. I’ve rarely had a pair of Nike’s that survived 90 days

According to the waiter, they did not eat. He served them for two minutes before the owner made them leave. And anyone in this country that breaks the law is separated from their children. Not just illegal immigrants. Why should illegals have more rights than citizens. Why should illegals have any rights in this country? Don’t point your finger at the government. Point your finger at the parents. A lot of the time they’re not even really related
edit on 16-9-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So if the Obama administration had prohibited all federal employees from wearing clothing from Ivanka Trump's brand you would have been fine with it?

Did Ivanka run commercials with a neo nazi spokesman that said they would not respect America? If she did then yes I would be fine with it.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

gee, I don't know, but can you guess what clothing designer is having her products made by companies that actually help the chinese gov't enforce their one child policy rules?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

gee, I don't know, but can you guess what clothing designer is having her products made by companies that actually help the chinese gov't enforce their one child policy rules?

China ended the one child policy in 2015!

Next.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
oh excuse me, now it's a two child policy...

Although many critics of China's reproductive restrictions approve of the policy's abolition, Amnesty International said that the move to the two-child policy would not end forced sterilizations, forced abortions, or government control over birth permits.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

You have freedom of speech, as long as its what i want to hear.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: seeker1963
oh excuse me, now it's a two child policy...

Although many critics of China's reproductive restrictions approve of the policy's abolition, Amnesty International said that the move to the two-child policy would not end forced sterilizations, forced abortions, or government control over birth permits.
en.wikipedia.org...

You don't think China regrets their 1 child policy. Its caused a huge problem. Now their population is so skewed that by 2030 over 25 percent of their workforce will be over 60. And well even the two child policy isn't going to help. Times have changed Chinese patents can't afford to have multiple kids anymore. So their population is going to continue to decrease from this point forward.

They need to have 20 million babies a year just to jeep current levels. They are around half that number.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Can anyone tell me what the big deal is about all this 'Nike' stuff? I han't ben following the news! Why is it a big issue?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

So what I worked for a security agency,one ground rule was no wearing Nikes at work,that was 10 yrs ago

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   

She supported the campaign of a man who sought to destabilize our government by claiming the President was ineligible to hold that office.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Of all the reasons to boycott Nike they choose this one?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They're not saying you can't wear sneakers, they're saying you can't wear Nike's. And you may be fine letting a government job tell you what brands you can and can't wear, but I will not only wear Nike's, but I will wear every other Nike item I can find that's within the regulations. If you say no sneakers that's one thing. But don't you DARE tell me what brands I can and cannot wear. I'm sick of these triggered buttercups having all these double standards.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Rookseven

I'm not talking about "sneakers", unless a job doesnt call for them to begin with, in general, I'm talking about wearing Political Symbols on the job. Nike wants to be a political symbol, good for them, but employers dont have to let you wear them or anything else that might disrupt a workplace or irritate customers.

I mean how hard is this to understand, for people that actually have jobs?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

All sports the world over, that I've ever heard about, do their own national anthem at the beginning of every game.

NFL taking their rightful place in helping to militarize our society is a completely different issue than anything to do with this.

And if you think I'm the one that would turn a blind eye to that well I've got 13 years of publishing and film making to correct you on that.

edit on 17-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I see lawsuits.

This is not a rational ban.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join