It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy 70th Birthday, Israel!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

and here;s to 70 more years of state terror , concentration camps , and genocide !
WOOOOOO GO ISRAEL!

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Oh you mean the indigenous peoples of the big turtle !

its not america

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What has Israel done for us except take tax-payer money?

They are also the only country in the Middle East that can be considered an actual friend of the US... Aside from crackpot delusional conspiracy theories, they've never stabbed us in the back like so many other Middle Eastern "friends" have.

You support, financially and militarily, an illegal state, which also happens to oppress the indigenous populace. You expect that to win you friends? Hmmm, let's hope those methods don't catch on.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: Liquesence
I don't like the means by which it was created or operates, but to compare that to Nazi genocide?
I didn't compare, just observed that there was no need for the State of Israel after the Germans stopped being all gassy to civilians who looked at them the wrong way.
I think it was a bad decision.

nah sorry....... even though you talk sense most of the time CCG that is just not true. Just because hostilities ceased the massacre of eastern European Jewry continued. Thousands were killed in Poland in the late 1940's many more having their properties stolen by Catholics during that period. In Russia the state was getting truly Nazi like with its remaining 2 million Jews post 1945 and another holocaust could have been on the cards in the 50's, but Stalin was replaced, thanks the Gods. There was massive discrimination all over the muslim world too, especially with the African wars France was involved in, lynchings were common place, just the sight of a kippot could land one with a rope and tree in Algiers or Constantine during that period.

Just because WW2 ended for the involved states didn't mean it ended for various peoples. Check out what happened to the ancient Saxon communities of eastern Europe, they too went through a holocaust post 1945 but nobody mentions that at leat outside German speaking countries. Fot the various Jewish communites it didn't end either, indeed to a great extent the war 79 years later is still being fought be the Jews.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I don't disagree with your points about subsequent violence and hatred towards Jewish people, which still continues to this day.
I just don't think creation of the state of Israel was the correct choice.

Example, it would be like creating a new state today for the million odd Rohinga (spelling) people who have fled Myanmar in recent months. Which land do we steal to create a state for them?

My genuine perspective of similar tragedy.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

I just don't think creation of the state of Israel was the correct choice.

Example, it would be like creating a new state today for the million odd Rohinga (spelling) people who have fled Myanmar in recent months. Which land do we steal to create a state for them?

My genuine perspective of similar tragedy.

Probably right
They could have chosen a better place where European culture (the initial immigrants) didn't clash with the native one. USA was probably the answer and for many Israeli's it still is as a steady exodus heads that way, especially the Ashkenaz population. One day they might all end up there, just one nasty bomb let off over greater Tel Aviv and it's pretty much game over for the experiment. But Israel exists and with all the chaos going on around that region as others get weakened it gets stronger. They've never had it so good as on the 70th birthday. How legitimate the state will remain long term is just in the air. I have to admit that if a load of Italians invaded here because Romans ruled Britain 2,000 years ago the same time frame lol, then I'd certainly be trying to fight off that invasion
It's amazing how well the natives have taken it really over there.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
USA was probably the answer and for many Israeli's it still is as a steady exodus heads that way, especially the Ashkenaz population.

Sounds like a completely fabricated point. Links?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Wellput fella

As you say though it is what it is these 70 years later.
I wouldn't have a clue how to fix things in the region, but incidents like this certainly don't help...

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Hmmmm..... to whom is this referring? Is it important?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Post 1991 when 2 million Soviet Jews were free to move where they wanted if they wanted, about half went to Israel. Many wanted to go to the States but the USA restricted entry, no doubt a deal with Israel to bump up the new states tiny population. Since then there has been a steady stream of Russian Israeli's who have made it to the States from Israel.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Good grief so much pain on both sides.
Israel has changed for sure, the people seem hardened these days to things like that. Too much pain and tragedy makes them that way maybe. I dunno, it does seem a bit of an issue out there to find peace.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Post 1991 when 2 million Soviet Jews were free to move where they wanted if they wanted, about half went to Israel. Many wanted to go to the States but the USA restricted entry, no doubt a deal with Israel to bump up the new states tiny population. Since then there has been a steady stream of Russian Israeli's who have made it to the States from Israel.

Links? Israel's immigration has been strong the entire time.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well this is certainly more civil than I expected.

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
They are also the only country in the Middle East that can be considered an actual friend of the US... Aside from crackpot delusional conspiracy theories, they've never stabbed us in the back like so many other Middle Eastern "friends" have.

What about Jordan? What about Egypt? I don't recall Egypt giving the States any grief. Israel yeah but not the States.

As to "middle east friends" the US burns those up quickly. Whichever way the wind is blowing is who they consider an ally. If one were to consider who has interrupted and screwed with the ME the most the US takes the cake. Israel is WAY behind the US but still take 2nd.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Links? Israel's immigration has been strong the entire time.

It's just a fact that many Israeli's who initially came to Israel from the FSU have moved on to the USA and indeed other places like Germany etc.

www.ajcrussian.org...

The immigrants of the 1990s were different. They left home primarily because of economic collapse, fear of possible pogroms, and disintegration of the state. This wave was less politicized and, ironically, less prepared for integration into American life. It included large numbers of non-Western Jews, such as Bukharian, Georgian and Mountain Jews.[8] Over the last few years, a noticeable number of Russian-speaking Jews who initially went to Israel have chosen “second emigration” to the U.S.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

That doesn't show a 'steady exodus to the United States' as you claimed.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Happy Birthday Israel.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Lots of Israeli's live in the USA.................. Lots of your leaders are dual national Israeli Americans too

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Links?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Rechts?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Figured as much.