It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North and South Korea reportedly set to announce official end to war

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
How do we all feel about this now that we know the CIA director was in NK during Easter weekend?

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Funny!

SK can't "end" the Armistice Agreement with NK unilatterally.

I'm surprised no one said this (or I didn't notice it)

Silly Rabbits, Tricks are for kids!

LOL

ETA...and all the while y'all are fightin' about Trump...LOL!!! (snort) LOL!!!!

ETA2...I wish they could, but it's not to be.

edit on 4/17/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I'm not tired of winning yet...are you?

Well, at least I start to understand the mindset of Trump supporters. Even though this has literally almost nothing to do with Trump, his followers (and probably Trump) will "take credit" for it.. and consider it "winning."

It's sadly funny to me that many of Trump's supporters think that Trump's ridiculously minor role in this think that this makes it the bigger story, than possible actual peace and perhaps cooperation between North and South Korea. We could have some 50-some years of non-ending tension and war between two countries end.. and his sheep are more concerned with how Trump comes out looking from it (and by proxy, themselves).

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Xcathdra

About time really.

Stuff being one of the unlucky sods that undertake the task of the removal of about a million landmines all the same, i hope the hazard pays worth it!

Finding mines these days is like harvesting corn.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

I think Mike Diva is more liberal than me; he has blue hair at least, haha. And he's worked in Hollywood. I'm saying, just because someone is not rabidly opposing Trump doesn't make them not-liberal. Not sure if I'd call that video counterculture, either. That kind of hyper-ironical style with memes and 80's nostalgia is pretty mainstream. But of course compared to CNN or something, it's counterculture for sure.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

this is good news, I do wonder however how the north's propaganda machine will relay this to the general population, especially considering the rhetoric and images of foreign powers on fire and being nuked. I wonder what narrative they will spin on this internally?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I also wondered what form of transportation / aircraft he used to get there?

The F117A companion aircraft of course or maybe even a TR3B (winks at Zaph)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

If this works the left are going to lose their damn minds over it.

Well. Some of those damnd hippies will have their minds blown with evil shrooms, I'm pretty sure about that.

We should try harder to get involved with politicized fistfights while tripping. Not because it's easy, but because it's hard!

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: TheGOAT

if he did indeed broker the peace deal i will say kudos, i wish the right could have been as appreciative as i was when obama extended a peace branch to iran and cuba, obama did a lot of things i was not happy with but i was happy with him trying to bring iran and cuba in to the modern world.

Obama didn't extend any peace branch, he handed Iran billion of dollars in cold hard cash. That's about it.

(post by TheGOAT removed for political trolling and baiting)
(post by TheGOAT removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Granted our detection capabilities and ability to safely remove or destroy landmines is getting better.

But what about all the antipersonnel mines and devices that lie in areas of the DMZ or terrain that these flail machines cannot reach?

Still need to remove those devices the hard way which will take time, monies, resources and probably also take its toll in human lives.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

This is definitely good news, albeit difficult to get a clear view on with hazy reporting combined with propaganda from the WH as Trump scrambles to take credit.

Fingers crossed!

My first concern is that Kim Jong Un is looking to buy time to complete his Nuclear Program.

His entire legitimacy is based on his peoples belief that the West is evil and that his supernatural status and power is the only thing that protects them from us.

I am skeptical as to how much Democratic influence he will permit.

Bottom line is hope for the best, always be well prepared for the worst.

The border/DMZ is his only card to play UNTIL they are fully Nuclear.

The threat being that if any action is taken they can reign down conventional weapons on highly populated civilian areas in South Korea.

Without the DMZ he does not have that threat, plus their would be an exodus of defectors.

A lot to thing about here.

I am also curious how you specifically map credit to Trump for current status of negotiations?
It is good news that new things are happening, but am interested in how you connect the dots to Trump.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Actually, I don't mind taking a crack at that in the least bit.

As a Briton, I live very close to the origin of the left right paradigm, and have access to not only the information which informs a person how it works, but am the product of the history of the interaction between those paradigms, correctly defined, and properly understood as they are in this part of the world.

It seems the further away from the origin point of the paradigm involved, the more utterly incompetent and backwards the approach to these matters becomes. I suppose its the same no matter which direction you travel in. If you head away from the origins of proper political thinking, the less competent the population of a nation are in a political sense.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Does anyone trust them? I don't .. Sorry I guess i'm programmed to question everything..

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I am saying that the US is NOT permitted to come up with its own definition for these things. They are actually universal, its just that certain people are too bloody thickheaded to understand them correctly. Left and right do NOT change meaning, just because one happens to have arrived in the United States of America and to suggest otherwise, indicates a total abandonment of reason. These ideas, this paradigm, was developed specifically for the purpose of defining the politics of the entire world, so that people involved in politics could more rapidly understand a given situation, no matter where they were from, no matter where they happened to be.

That means that like the laws governing physics and mathematics, they do not change just because one happens to be living a great deal of distance from the origin point of the mode of thought involved.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: pavil

What would we, we as in the West, be willing to do to get the Kimster to peacefully give up power? In other words, what bribe might we be willing to pay?

Is there even a remote chance of him being willing to do something of that nature?

I wonder...

With him, and his cronies, out of the picture, the way towards peaceful reintegration of the two Koreas would be, imho, wide open.

His own island in the south Pacific? A sort of St. Helena?

I'm sure there are all kinds of issues with this...but it's a interesting notion.

We will have to get creative. Its hard to get a God Emperor to give up power without stroking his ego. But if we can remove their nukes and get their people more freedom and prosperity, it's something you have to try and make happen.
Reunification should be the goal.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You'd think they would have some sort of concussion device they could detonate which would detonate any antipersonell / other mines in the general vicinity.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

If this works the left are going to lose their damn minds over it.

Why? The "left" has no problems with other pseudo Marxist states like Cuba. It's the "right" that will feel betrayed. All that blood and treasure wasted.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join