It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 182
<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Awww ... you mean to say I don’t need to clean my own toilet anymore ? How sweet... but I can’ have you clean it. That just wouldn’t fly for me.

Thanks for posting one of my fav songs 😜... and also for being kind as well as a good sport. Your quick wit and playfulness is always a pleasure in the Shed.

Umm...no. I was saying that you had to clean the Shed toilets. It's your turn apparently, it's on the list as clear as day. Humour is difficult with a keyboard. My bad! I'll see myself out again...

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I didn’t read the memo 😆

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've been scrolling through my old Facebook account to find a story that I wrote in the past four years. No luck yet in finding it yet but I did come across this to share with you.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

It actually pretty good, I verily love it.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Welcome back home Hun!!!!!!!!! I was so surprised to see you here after such a long absence! Hugs!

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hello everyone! I wanted to reply to everyone earlier, but got caught up doing things around the house and then felt blah.

Love and Hugs!

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Good evening Raine! It's good to see you and the Shed are still very much around.

I am just passing by, I shall be on my way soon.

*Big tight hugs*

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thank you for your honesty Sheye! Don't worry, you won't be kicked out of the Shed.

You can feel free to come here and be yourself.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
from Night Star

...got caught up doing things around the house and then felt blah

According to my sources at Google Maps, Night Star has been out making snow angels today.

edit on 1 6 2018 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Bahahaha!

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Thank you for your honesty Sheye! Don't worry, you won't be kicked out of the Shed.

Thanks Night ... I knew you would understand 😊

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Hi Sheddites ... hoping all of you are keeping reasonably well 🙂.

Hi back at ya Shey....reasonably well in my vocabulary equates " I am still here"

I’ve decided to plan my funeral ahead of time, so family won’t be saddled with choices that they may not be in the mood to make.

I applaud your decision, it is your funeral. It gives you an opportunity to convey your thoughts with out an argument.
I have contemplated doing this, but my 'innate procrastination' gene has kept me from doing it.
With out family here, the poor people would be left with "We really didn't know her"
So you have inspired me.

.... but this one is sort of iffy ... but I really like it.

I think it is wonderful, but to me it conveys a message I would give people before "the event", in a hospice, or given to a dear friend prior to death. (you know what the song is, I didn't want to repost)

Feel free to post songs you would want played at your funeral ,..

I want "Morning Has Broken" with Cat Stevens, that is a must, then "Sing With All the Saints in Glory" at a fast pace of course. That is such a happy melody. More perhaps.

Thinking about your funeral may be a morbid thought for some...

I don't find it morbid at all, as you said, "We are all going to die"
To me, to be aware of our mortality, enables me to enjoy life much more intensely.
Thank You.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
*Big tight hugs*

Hey you, I hope those hugs at for me too? How are you?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hiya Wis! Sit by the fire with me. It is brutally cold! Going down to minus 2 in a while. Right now it says it is 3 degrees and feels like minus 14. Gah!

I haven't been outside since our blizzard on Friday.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Thanks Night ... I knew you would understand 😊

Of course I do. Hugs!

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Ok... I have a huge confession to make . My New Year’s resolution was to be more honest with myself as well as others, but in as graceful and kind of a way as possible.

That is one huge and perhaps life changing resolution. And one I can relate to. But I have found that "silence" at time serves me well. The people I relate to appreciate my candor.

I came to the Shed because of the people here. Real people with real problems. Problems you can’t shake pixie dust at and make them disappear.
The caring attitude of some of the sheddites...

Thank you, this is the soul of this, pardon me, Magical Realm, that we become real to each other, that we care. A little pixie dust here and there just puts a smile on our face.

Hope you don’t judge me too harshly for not being into all the “ magical lore”

Should some one judge you they have judged them selves.
When you are truly you, you are magical, infinite.
When we share our woes, when we laugh and cry and contemplate, we become part of something bigger than our minute little selves. I call it magic, wonder. I paint emotions with pictures and tales.
]]]]]HUGS[[[[[[

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Sorry I beat you by negative 14 degrees.

It is as if I am getting used to it. Up in the middle of the night, turn the water on, start the van, drink some tea. So I am going to bed soon so I can get up.
Yes we can sit by the fire. We should all sit together and share tales that could make us laugh, we should have hot chocolate with tons of whipped cream, we would be covered in warm blankets eating warm buns and treats. And we would fall asleep around the fire dreaming dreams together.
Yes, that is the thought I will sign off with. A cozy night in the company of friends.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Now why couldn't I have put it so eloquently? Good job Wise Woman Of The Shed Lands!

I realize that we are all unique and have different tastes and ideas and it's all good. No one has to fit into a mold to belong here.

For me, it was the magical stories and friendships that brought the first Shed together. I have seen many changes, people come and go and return from time to time. It has been a wonderful journey through the many incarnations of this place and I hope it lives on for as long as the site does.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

OMG YES! Perfect!

top topics

<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join