It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 179
<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

P

edit on 4/1/2018 by pheonix358 because: adding more music. Music rules the earth and the moon and the damn stars! Yeah baby! Rock me gently . old age!

edit on 4/1/2018 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Now that is a happy couple right there!

Glad to read that the kid is enthusiastic about kindergarten! I think it will be just fine and you will have some more time to spend just with BASSPLYR and the kid learns social skills and other useful stuff.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
*quietly slips into The Shed and slides into his favorite corner chair*
*looks around shiftily and waves over a cup of coffee*
*waves nervously at at the onlookers and enjoys his cup*

Jiminy!!!!!!! I missed you my friend! What a wonderful surprise to see you! Nothing to be nervous about in here, we're all family, maybe dysfunctional and a tad weird, but that's why we are so interesting and fun. Normal is boring.

Now Sir Jiminy of the Shed Lands, make a good example for the others hiding in the bushes and visit more often!
I had a whole sentence written out about Kaelci and Dave, but in my head I heard a very firm voice saying,"Ummm...no, Gordi will take that and run with it. Then we'd have to put him the dog house for being a bad boy and all.

Love and hugs for you and your family and wishes for a beautiful new year!

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

For someone who has so many issues, you sure have a great attitude as well as common sense and techniques that help you.
Now you know that you can turn to your Shed family for love and support, in here or in private messages. With all the different time zones, you're bound to find one of us around or will as soon as possible. So please remember that. Remember too that you have worth and are loved and appreciated.

Having an off day? Come for a visit and soar through the sky on a magnificent dragon, throw donuts at the folks in the bushes, go on an amazing adventure or post some awesome music. Having a good day? Come and share your bright light or just hang out and be silly. So much to see and do.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Good answer oh Wise Woman of the Shed Lands!

Oh by the way...you have e-mail.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Shadow our Mighty Wolf Lord , always watching over us and making us feel safe.

Gah! I just deleted a big paragraph of ramblings that came out chaotic and was difficult for me to articulate. Something about emotions controlling us and not being rational. We can be rational and think well, all we need to do is this, yet the mind, sometimes the subconscious, sort of takes on a life of its own and sabotages our efforts to make us feel better. So...then what?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Awwwwwww, look at you two love birds! Love the pic! I wish you both many years of laughter, love and memory making. It must feel good to get away from the bushes once in a while. You made me very happy showing up and sharing the lovely pic. Such an adorable couple!

I love that your boy is looking forward to his first days of school. Not sure if you will be crying buckets because your baby is growing up or singing hallelujah because of the free time. LOL
In any case, I know he is a smart little cookie that will do well and that you guys will be proud as peacocks. Hugs!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

I can't remember anything before i was like 8 or 9 years old.

That is called childhood amnesia and is associated with PTSD.

I suggest you see a Psychologist as soon as you can. They can't start to help you unless you have the underlying issues identified.

Best of luck my friend.

P

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Thanks for all of your kind messages everyone. I am not too good at taking compliments. I feel i don't deserve anything. I think it is not a low self esteem issue, it is just that i have received so much but at the same time i am so weak i can't give back. I want to help you, whoever reads this. I want to help the world. But seems like i can't even help myself.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Something about emotions controlling us and not being rational.

Take my case of childhood amnesia. One entire summer is gone.

PTSD is a bitch to fight at the best of times. But PTSD with Amnesia is the hardest.

While the event memory is not available, the emotional memories are still there. Just flowing around, sometimes dormant, sometimes not.

Since the event memory is not there, there is little to talk about in a session. Thus you need to work with behaviour modification.

Childhood amnesia of this type is caused by the sub-conscious mind deleting memories to try and help the conscious mind survive.

P

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hi Sheddites ... hoping all of you are keeping reasonably well 🙂.

So I have a favour to ask some of you. I’ve decided to plan my funeral ahead of time, so family won’t be saddled with choices that they may not be in the mood to make.

Some of my music choices may seem a bit odd so I ‘d like some feedback on them . I also plan on recording a message saying goodbye and why I chose the songs I did.

I’ll save the other two for later posts because I know I’m sticking with them, but this one is sort of iffy ... but I really like it.

Feel free to post songs you would want played at your funeral , as I would be most interested to hear them.

Thinking about your funeral may be a morbid thought for some... but it’s a fact of life we are all going to die at some point.

edit on 5-1-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

Thanks for all of your kind messages everyone. I am not too good at taking compliments. I feel i don't deserve anything. I think it is not a low self esteem issue, it is just that i have received so much but at the same time i am so weak i can't give back. I want to help you, whoever reads this. I want to help the world. But seems like i can't even help myself.

I think you help others more than you may realize. You have an adorable spirit that far surpasses any of your medical issues.

edit on 5-1-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I don't have any songs chosen, but I would like whatever would bring my loved ones peace. I trust them and I'm sure it would be lovely.

You are wise to plan ahead. When my Mom passed away, everything was taken care of and no one had to worry about a thing.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I don't have any songs chosen, but I would like whatever would bring my loved ones peace. I trust them and I'm sure it would be lovely.

You are wise to plan ahead. When my Mom passed away, everything was taken care of and no one had to worry about a thing.

Your mom was a wise woman.. and I hope I have everything taken care of 😕

I think the Crash Test Dummie song might not be such a great idea, now that I think about it. ( Getting cremated, not buried 😏).

What would bring my family and friends ( the few I have ) peace ? Everyone may feel differently 🤷🏻‍♀️... which is why I would want a recording of me explaining song choices.

I know I don’t want people up on the podium talking about how great I was ...because that would just be lame to me.🙄

This is why I need to record things I hold deeply in my heart ,for the people I have loved. A final goodbye while I still have my mind to do it with.😕. Scared of dementia creeping up on me 😳

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Then choose those songs which hold meaning for you.

It makes me sad to think of losing people in my life who I treasure, but it is indeed inevitable. I do feel that they will be in a better place, but it is those of us who are left behind that must grieve that loss. I hold my memories close to my heart and am thankful for all the moments I got to share with them.

I always liked this song. I first found it after my Father had passed and played it a lot after Mom passed as well.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Then choose those songs which hold meaning for you.

It makes me sad to think of losing people in my life who I treasure, but it is indeed inevitable. I do feel that they will be in a better place, but it is those of us who are left behind that must grieve that loss. I hold my memories close to my heart and am thankful for all the moments I got to share with them.

I always liked this song. I first found it after my Father had passed and played it a lot after Mom passed as well.

What a beautiful song. It brought tears to my eyes and I can see why you listened to it repeatedly after the death of your parents.

Thank you for sharing it Night.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Since the event memory is not there, there is little to talk about in a session. Thus you need to work with behaviour modification.

Is that like when they say, "you can't change what happened, but you can change your reaction to it?"

For me, it is that too much has happened for too long through the years and though I don't and dwell on it, I discovered I have trigger points, something that will remind me of an incident, or I think I am ok, but feel blah or depressed and can't be certain why, or the emotions will come through in dreams. My coping mechanisms seem to be escapism. I will block things out if they pop up and just not think about them. You know like an ostrich with his head in the sand. LOL
I will listen to music, talk with a friend, watch a great movie try to read a book or get lost in here or facbook or write sometimes.

I found so many enchanting and positive groups over at facebook and have met some amazingly beautiful souls there, like here.

Sorry, didn't mean to ramble.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I have posted it enough times, but realized the newer Shed members may not have heard it. Glad you enjoyed it. Hugs!

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I will quote what Sheye just said because it is true!

I think you help others more than you may realize. You have an adorable spirit that far surpasses any of your medical issues.

I don't think people realize how much they affect other people's lives. Often, it is the little things that matter the most. You have been an awesome Sheddite Fin! You make us, smile, laugh and stop to ponder about things. You are much appreciated here by your fellow Sheddites and...I love your music!

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

My family has instructions.

They have to wear T-shirts with the message,

"Life - Be In It!"

P

top topics

<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join