It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 185
<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi. Thanks. They just had one a year ago.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

What do you get when you put a few Skid Marks (eh...
) standing next to each other?

-SKID ROW!

*ear smashing applause and ROAR!*

Too much morning coffee for me i see. Now i will clean up my apartment before i go see my mom. ->

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

LOL!

Love you too Sweetie and miss you terribly when you aren't here! HUGS!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Hi. Thanks. They just had one a year ago.

So exciting for you and especially them! Yay! Congrats!

I thought I got rid of that cold I had and now I either have a new one or that one is getting worse. Gah!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Bahahaha! Perfect!

OMG, LOVE that song!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hello!

Feeling good, just got back home!

Today i have seen my mom, 2 friends, 3 cats (friend at location A had 2 cats and friend at location B had 1)

Any music suggestions? I admit i sometimes flood with song links here but you know? anything that sounds good for you now or has been since back then

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

ETA And because I never knew Christopher Walken could dance so well...

edit on 8/1/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Glad to read that you did not kill the drummer, yet that is. Karma in the form of police officers looks like it may have lessened the issue.

Don't do anything that you will regret later to this person. It wouldn't make for a very good story to share with your cellmate if you got arrested.

I got a reply from the rental company today. They told me because of the police we were now getting a bad name and expulsions may follow. I told them "I know, the last guys you idiots rented a room to was a psycho (check my profile for A Descent Into Insanity) and I had to call the police because he was threatening to kill me." Obviously I didn't word it that way but still.

So I guess I am now the problem. I'd rather be homeless than live next to noise if truth be told. I could set my inner psycho loose if nothing else. "Oi mate, you got any change? Why not? God told me to skin you alive!" I hate these unthinking and judgemental people that work in an office. I've never had a fight with anyone in my life, I hate violence. I'd rather shoot someone than hit them. I have fragile hands, they are not built to bludgeon an opponent. Hell I can't even play the bass anymore which was my favourite use for for my hands.

Still, today is quieter so I hope that he doesn't play drums here again.

ETA Anyone remember Double Dutch?

edit on 8/1/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm sick, but came in to say hello and wish everyone a good day.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Sorry to hear that Night. I hope you feel better very soon. Think warm thoughts, like Australia. Their power grid is having problems and in some places it's 42 degrees C apparently.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Night Star

edit on 1 8 2018 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I just couldn't pass up not sharing this with you.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I'm sick, but came in to say hello and wish everyone a good day.

Oh

I hope you get well soon. Try to rest and if you have the energy, update here about how you are doing!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Good tunes! I haven't heard/seen the Fatboy Slim - Weapon of choice before and it was cool! Walken is cool!

I listened to your song suggestions yesterday after sauna and a couple of beers. And before that i was meeting people and all... So i slept like a baby then (when a baby sleeps good sleep, not getting up 12 times a night crying)

4 AM here now and coffee is strong and hot. I need to listen to those songs again now.

I have been contemplating about some advice to your noisy neighbour issue but i haven't figured out anything viable. I just hope this gets sorted out. Everyone needs a calm place to live in

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Hey star, just remember you don't have to be strong here- were all with and for you.

For you, and anyone who needs something pretty to look at:

edit on 8-1-2018 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Wow, thank you all so much for your lovely well wishes, dragons and flowers! I am touched.

Blue, did you know that my name came from a dragon in one of my stories before I ever found ATS ? It was when I belonged to a writer's site.

Well wishes, dragons and flowers, what else could a girl want? Still sick, but you guys made me smile. Thank you so much!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I have been contemplating about some advice to your noisy neighbour issue but i haven't figured out anything viable.

Well, it is story time in that case.

I had a very noisy couple living in a flat above us. Liked loud music, really loud.

Doing things the right way, I went up and said hello and BTW would you mind keeping it down.

I was abused for not liking music.

Well! In those days I was a DJ with my own rig. I aimed all of my speakers at the ceiling, we are talking multiple 18" JBL bass drivers with JBL mids etc, backed by three 300W Amps, at near full power.

I played Brick in the wall on loop.

It took a while before I noticed the knocking on the door. Probs because I had ear muffs on! Lol.

He surrendered! His other half was cleaning up since their drinking glasses all soldiered off the shelf they were on, landing shattered on the floor.

Never had another problem with them.

P

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Subtle .... šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ˜

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Sledgehammer.

P

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

not quite the same sort of story but it deals with loud noise.

back in the day I went to Berklee collage of music. one of the building used to be an old bank on the first floor. it's basement once vaults were converted into sound studios and rehearsal rooms where you could be as loud as you want.

at the time I was playing as the bass player for a really good guitar virtuoso who could really shread.

so it's Friday at 10pm and we've booked the room to rehearse got the door locked so we can't be bothered and we got it cranked up. i mean we were really, really loud.

so we're rehearsing our set and after 45 minutes we had run through it once and were taking a break when we notice someone is frantically banging on the door and we see a flashing going on in the hallway outside.

that's when we realized through the ringing in our ears the fire alarm was going off. so we quickly open the door to be greeted by the Boston fire chief of the local station and 4 pissed off fire men.

apparently a small trashcan fire had happened in one of the dorm rooms 6 floors up in our building and the entire building had been evacuated 30 minutes ago. we were the last ones still inside the building and the fire department had been banging on our door trying to get our attention for half an hour and we never once noticed.

to this day I picture 4 firemen and a angry fire chief incessantly banging on our rehearsal room door while watching us oblivious idiots headbanging and playing our instruments.

<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join