It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 183
<< 180  181  182    184  185  186 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night StarNow why couldn't I have put it so eloquently?

Thank You. But you provide something I am all most incapable of. Comfort. Reassurance.

You have the role of the Grand Matriarch, you are kind, where I can, at the best be the person who dives in to rescue.
You all ways make people feel loved

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

originally posted by: Sheye

Hi Sheddites ... hoping all of you are keeping reasonably well 🙂.

Hi back at ya Shey....reasonably well in my vocabulary equates " I am still here"

I’ve decided to plan my funeral ahead of time, so family won’t be saddled with choices that they may not be in the mood to make.

I applaud your decision, it is your funeral. It gives you an opportunity to convey your thoughts with out an argument.
I have contemplated doing this, but my 'innate procrastination' gene has kept me from doing it.
With out family here, the poor people would be left with "We really didn't know her"
So you have inspired me.

.... but this one is sort of iffy ... but I really like it.

I think it is wonderful, but to me it conveys a message I would give people before "the event", in a hospice, or given to a dear friend prior to death. (you know what the song is, I didn't want to repost)

Feel free to post songs you would want played at your funeral ,..

I want "Morning Has Broken" with Cat Stevens, that is a must, then "Sing With All the Saints in Glory" at a fast pace of course. That is such a happy melody. More perhaps.

Thinking about your funeral may be a morbid thought for some...

I don't find it morbid at all, as you said, "We are all going to die"
To me, to be aware of our mortality, enables me to enjoy life much more intensely.
Thank You.

Thank you for the feedback. You’re right about the Crash Test Dummies song. It’s prefuneral not funeral material.
Ava Maria has always been a definite yes.

I like your choice of that particular Cat Stevens song .. Morning Has Broken.

Yes... sometimes silence is the best way to deal with your honest feelings, at least until you totally understand why you feel the way you do.

I could go into the long explanation of why I don’t like the word magik or magic, but that would most likely not be of interest to you. It has to do with the occult and some bad experiences I had at a much younger age dabbling into it in small ways.

But to each their own... just thought I would come clean about it, so you’d understand my lack of feedback to it.

Anyhoo... even that seemed like sharing too much. 🤔

Have a peaceful day all Sheddites 💞

edit on 6-1-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

How very sweet of you to say. Thank you for your kind words Wis! I have that awesome pic too...I wonder if you're the one I stole it from? LOL

Ah, but you do bring comfort and re-assurance with your eloquence and imagery and just being you.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Nope, you didn't share too much. Of course now I'm curious as hell as to what those experiences were, but I won't press you. Just be assured that our magic is magic of light and goodness that radiates out and like a ripple it affects our lives in wonderful ways. The only evil is the kind in our stories that threaten our realm and then we gather together to battle the entities and rise victoriously. So anyway...you are safe here.

Pheonix our Wolf Lord, along with our mighty dragons and fellow Sheddites gaurd this place well. Trust me!

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I wasn’t referring to black magic ... more of on the side of what some people consider ‘ enlightened occult ‘.

I’ve never felt unsafe here ,by the way, just so you know. More like I am out of my true element. Was actually going to write another story line for River and Jack and Riverbabe , but my heart couldn’t get into the whole mythical mindset, and figured I’d just write them out of the Shed. 😆. But I didn’t... yet .

Even though they may leave the Shed... I’m here to stay !

Some beautiful souls in here .

edit on 6-1-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

While I was lurking in the bushes, I saw this crow staring riiiiiight at me.

Unsure if bad omen.

Deeper into the forest
The Magister does travel
Swift through the darkness
Soft footsteps; harsh gravel

The path, it does stop
The shadows, they beckon
Hesitation, just one step
Hesitation, less than a second

With silence overwhelming
The Magister does traverse
She harbours no fear
'tis simply another universe

Distinct in pure quiet
A flutter is heard in the trees
A bird of blackest shadow
There is no wind; no breeze

It stares at the Magister
Its eyes are all one can see
Predatory is its glare
It has been an eternity

It hops from each branch
Its hunger does grow
Malevolent glee; dark whimsy
'tis but a crow

The Magister treks onward
Unconcerned by simple bird
The crow calls to others hidden
Foolish human; another interred

(Actually, we went to the park today and I captured this spiffy photo while my son and Dave were playing. Was hoping to get some rainbow lorikeet photos, but am happy with this staring crow)

edit on 6 1 2018 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Oh, please keep writing your story! I love reading your entries!

There are indeed beautiful souls in here and you are one of them.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Kaelci, that was awesome!!!!!! Love what you wrote! I love crows, great photo you shot!!!!!

edit on 6-1-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Hi!

Due to time zones, most messages appear to the shed while i sleep at night. Mornings are great with coffee and catching up here. I much rather have new shed posts as my morning reading than, let's say any newspaper or watching a TV morning show!

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

A crow? That's attempted murder.

My brother has a weird thing with crows. There could be none in sight but the moment he steps outside there they are flying overhead and cawing. He likes crows so much that my great nephew's middle name is going to be Crow. Oh yeah, I'm going to be a great uncle again.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hi Fin and Skiddy!
Congratulations Skiddy!

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Good Sunday to everyone. I see I'm way behind on your writings. I'll see about getting caught up when I can over the next couple of days.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I've had enough. I am banging on the wall of my neighbour with a hammer and a protective piece of wood so that I don't damage the wall between us. I'm hoping that he will knock on my door, but I doubt he will. He also needs to be asleep at a "reasonable time". No Sleep Till Hammersmith. If he sleeps here tonight, sleep will be the last thing he finds. I have to test all these walls for stability, with a hammer.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Oh my god. My neighbour just called the police on me to complain about my noise! FFS. They knocked on my door! I confessed to deliberately playing my music so loud because the guy is a dick and plays his drums. Another neighbour backed me up. (I never lie!) They both (police officers) are now in his room.

I'll kill him when they leave....

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I have drummers on both sides of where I live so I know your feelings on this as it happens at all hours. Fortunately one of these drummers is just a kid and I've talked to his parents about the noise. Problem corrected. The other neighbor lives near a deputy sheriff. Problem corrected here as well.

All you can do in situations like this is complain, complain, and complain to the right persons. Have you informed your landlord of such noise?

Best wishes dealing with the police in this manner as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hey Skid !

Don't worry, I got your pun ! Hehehe ... 😅

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

The little faggot was smiling while the police were present. I think things might have gone south for him though. I've already told the hire company 2 times that the guy is an anti-social arsehole and now I just told them he called the police on me. I was not arrested.

# him and the #-stained rock he just crawled out from under....

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

A murder of crows?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Yes.

It sounds like you could use a stiff drink.

Do your best to smile through gritted teeth and avoid that little voice in your head repeating " Crush, Kill, Destroy " !

Hope your day gets better ... 😎

top topics

<< 180  181  182    184  185  186 >>

join