It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 176
<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Fin, what an awesome way to start off the new year, a great story and some wonderful music! Thank you so much! Loved your posts!!!

Wis, it was 0 degrees last night and it says it felt like minus 4 or was it 7? You have surpassed that in coldness! Stay bundled up by the fireplace all safe and snug! Loved your post from last night!!!!

Hi Mason! Great interview with our lovely BH! Thank you for sharing the link with us!

Hello Blue! Hope your day is going well!

Sheye, all the best to you as well Sweetie!

Foss, so sorry things didn't work out for you the way you hoped. New year, new possibilities. Are you still playing the violin?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
My day is going well for a change today. Nothing to report other than like most of the rest of the Shed, it's cold here and going to get downright colder over the next few days.

FWI, the PM message envelope on the top right of the ATS screen is only working 50% of the time. So if you have an urgent need to contact me please type real loud so I'll hear it.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

FWI, the PM message envelope on the top right of the ATS screen is only working 50% of the time. So if you have an urgent need to contact me please type real loud so I'll hear it.

LOL! I hate when that thing goes wonky.

PS: No, it's not the pixies in case people were wondering. Or is it?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Wis, it was 0 degrees last night and it says it felt like minus 4 or was it 7? You have surpassed that in coldness! Stay bundled up by the fireplace all safe and snug! Loved your post from last night!!!!

Thank You, I just had to say something to express my gratitude.
As for staying warm by the fire. Well this year my supply of wood is very sparse. I have closed off half the house and only burn wood on my days off. I sleep in the dining room next to the kitchen and the bathroom. A space perhaps 60 by 60 feet.
The closed off liveing room has inch thick ice on the windows and there is ice on the walls.
But we are warm in our little space and have food.
The old puppies don't like the cold, they cry out in pain after twenty yards.
I get up at midnight to run water and the vehichle for a half hour so none of it freezes.
Yes it is cold but we have a poor guy come to the store every day for water. His pipes froze. I am lucky.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Awwwww, big warm hug for you Wister! Do you mean you have ice on the inside of your house on the walls? Once that melts you could get mold and get sick. Gah! Sending dragons over pronto!

Wish I lived closer and could help in some way. You could hang out at my house. The back rooms are chilly but the rest is ok.

Do you have an electric blanket? You and your fur babies would love that!

Hey, where is Gordi? What have you done to Gordi? LOL

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Do you mean you have ice on the inside of your house on the walls? Once that melts you could get mold and get sick.
Yes that is the case and yes I know it is hazardous. But life is life and I will deal with it.

Hey, where is Gordi? What have you done to Gordi? LOL

What, ME, I didn't do any thing.
I assume he is enjoying the blissful weather of Scotland. Why do you think I did something? I am so innocent.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

What, ME, I didn't do any thing. I assume he is enjoying the blissful weather of Scotland. Why do you think I did something? I am so innocent.

Ahahaha! I dunno, something made me say that. It was Pesky, I swear!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
She wanders down the long halls of solitude and silence, a gypsy soul that longs for adventure. Quietly she grabs her cloak from the tall wooden stand, clasps the jeweled broach at her throat and throws her hood over her head. She smiles as the door ever so gently closes behind her.

Wander free my Sheddites, to places yet undreamed of. Dream them. Create that space that is yours and yours alone. Wander the many Kingdoms and secret hidden places in the mist...they are yours. Wondrous things await you there. Find the Mountains and valleys, the widespread fields of flowers, crystal waters of the lakes, the deep forest that never ends. Watch the mermaids as they ride sea horses or dance with starfish far beneath the ocean surface. See the colors come alive. Watch as the faeries and pixies sprinkle glittering joy throughout the lands. Gaze at the mighty dragons as they soar and dip and rise high above you into the sunrise or sunset. Be whoever you wish to be. Go wherever you wish to go. Do what you wish to do in peace.

edit on 2-1-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Anyone in the Shed speak Norwegian?

It is a long shot I know, but hey, just a simple question.

P

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Don't look at me, I'm still learning English and that is my native language.

How are you oh mighty Wolf Lord of the Shed Lands?

Ummm...why did you want to know?

edit on 2-1-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

To ask a favor. There is a small publisher in Norway that translates English into Norwegian. I wanted to know what the site says without resorting to on-line translators because they suck.

I am as good as I can be at this time of year.

P

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

OH...I forgot to tell you that I found your book, the file!!!!!!!!! I started the first chapter or so, but I always get so lost on ATS, facebook or skype that I will have to make time and read more of it. Loving it so far!!!! I still have to finish JustMike's book too. My bad!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Kind of, it is easier for me to read, but I am fluent in Danish if that helps?
Cheers
Oh I see, PM me the publisher site and specify the problem and I will see if I can help.
Double Cheer
edit on 2-1-2018 by WalkInSilence because: Because I can

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

It's all Greek to me, I only do Dutch and English. And when pressed gently, a little Gibberish too.

I must ask (truly because I do not know). Do you live in Denmark? Pure curiosity, I'm not going to stalk you! If you are willing to answer and the answer is in the affirmative, please tell me also what Danepak bacon costs there, just to annoy me? TIA!

I thought of Fin as his country borders Norway but it might me a long shot.

ETA Corrected quote
edit on 2/1/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Most people under 50 or so in that part of the world usually have pretty good English. Swedes, Fins, Danes, Norwegians... They typically study three or four languages in school (including their own) and it's been that way since at least the early 90s, but English is one of the major ones.

In other words, just write to the site at their "contact" address in English and you are likely to get a reply in the same language.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I still have to finish JustMike's book too. My bad!

I forgive you... this time.

But at least you can read it in tandem with Pheonix's. They're different enough in their subject matter that you won't get the story lines mixed up (even though that could be interesting).

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

As do the Dutch. It was literally mind-blowing when I came here and learned that they get 3 or 4 languages at school. Small countries that need to trade and communicate need a common language or to know another language. Only when I left my native island did I realise that, and I didn't speak a word of anything but English. Oh well, in at the deep-end I guess...

Hurshty burshty burshty....?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
Same for the Czechs. Under the old regime they had to learn Russian and German was also popular (as they're a neighbour this was not surprising), but could also do others. My wife learned Russian, but she could also converse in German and English, and had a good understanding of French as well. After the Velvet Revolution in Nov 1989 the big move in schools was towards English, along with other major languages like Spanish and French. These days, children start learning English in year 1 at school.

Back in 1993 I taught in a "special language school" for very bright kids, where they usually studied four languages (Czech and three others) along with all their other subjects. By the age of 12 they could hold conversations with me on virtually any subject at a pretty advanced level. Even when I worked at a school for children with hearing disabilities a few years later, most kids studied Czech and English, along with German, French, or Spanish -- and they were able to speak them, even if profoundly deaf.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

It's all Greek to me, I only do Dutch...And ... a little Gibberish too.

I wish I hadn't been so lazy, Greek would be wonderful to know. Dutch is absolute gibberish to me, when I sailed and ported Holland I would mistake it for an English dialect. But they are fluent in English so ...

I must ask (truly because I do not know). Do you live in Denmark?

How could you know, silly? And yes you may ask, you are a Sheddite. That gives you privilege.
I no longer live in Denmark. I moved back to the states after three decades. A move I deeply regret.

I'm not going to stalk you! ...... please tell me also what Danepak bacon costs there, just to annoy me? TIA!
Ha Ha very funny, stalking me would lead to your own demise, I would detect you and chase you away. Why bacon? Holland is dominant in agriculture.

I thought of Fin as his country borders Norway

Finland borders Sweden, Norway and Russia on land and Estonia via The Gulf of Finland.
edit on 2-1-2018 by WalkInSilence because: Because I can

top topics

<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join