It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Pastor JOEL OSTEEN Will NOT Open His Mega-Church To Flood Victims!.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Moses parted the Red Sea, Joel Osteen parted his hair.

Coincidence?

I. Think. Not!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Care, you are one I most often disagree with here, but think you and I and a few others could come up with a whole better concept than congress has. Some of us in the middle need to work together to sort this crap out.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

DBC I want you on the council

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Gentlemen, I disagree with both of you a lot, but I would welcome a coalition to bring this country back to what it was.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

It's a good thought, but not sure what 3 old guys online can do.

*shrugs*

We'll fight the good fight regardless.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
And then there's that wonderful man who invited people into his furniture stores. . One he's got all the army resting up in. The other has all the flood victims. Not only that, he sent out his furniture trucks that can go in deep water and rescued people, brought them back to the stores. All are welcome, pets as well.

I don't know who this pastor is but he's a selfish prick. I thought church doors were always open?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

I understand what you are saying, a fool and his money has been the natural order of things since the beginning. At the same time we can, (and probably should), be sympathetic to their plight. It happens a lot, primarily due to circumstances most of us just can't comprehend. There is no fixing it if all we do is shrug and marginalize.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Imagine trying to control a bunch of unwanted guests in your house. The plumbing would be destroyed, the carpets, furniture would have to be replaced. Security would have to be hired to keep the crowds from being unruly or violent. Misplaced people would be upset and many without meds. Then there's the ones who bring their pets.... probably many pitbulls among them. He'd be looking at a huge expenditure of cash and would either make the insurance companies pay for it or he'd end up paying. Then he could get sued if people get hurt on the property. They'd have to be fed and clothed and portable toilets and shower facilities brought in. And the church would have to stop its operations for how long? A month? Loss of revenue there. He was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. I hope everybody condemning the guy or the church in general has gotten out their checkbook and written the Red Cross a nice fat check. Not to much of that money will go to the victims, but a little of it will.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
D.l Hughley said:God didn't changed Joel Osteen's heart.
Tweeter did..

And how ironic , the man's mega church which is the recipient of tax shelters, refused to give the needy shelter.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

And how ironic , the man's mega church which is the recipient of tax shelters, refused to give the needy shelter.

Stunningly good point

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

LOL what an idiot. Hopefully this guys arena church is empty from this day forward.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
Imagine trying to control a bunch of unwanted guests in your house. The plumbing would be destroyed, the carpets, furniture would have to be replaced. Security would have to be hired to keep the crowds from being unruly or violent. Misplaced people would be upset and many without meds. Then there's the ones who bring their pets.... probably many pitbulls among them. He'd be looking at a huge expenditure of cash and would either make the insurance companies pay for it or he'd end up paying. Then he could get sued if people get hurt on the property. They'd have to be fed and clothed and portable toilets and shower facilities brought in. And the church would have to stop its operations for how long? A month? Loss of revenue there. He was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. I hope everybody condemning the guy or the church in general has gotten out their checkbook and written the Red Cross a nice fat check. Not to much of that money will go to the victims, but a little of it will.

Ever hear of good samaritan law??? I hear he is appearing on Fox today. Guess it's time for some damage control, I'm sure he's helped a lot of people in his lifetime overcome addiction, domestic violence, etc. through the "power of god". There's a big difference between a worldly man and a godly man. It's easy to tell he cares more about the facade after needing to be shamed into doing the right thing. I understand it's his "tax free" megacastle and private property; but if you really think about it, it was bought and paid for by the believer. I hope they see his true disingenuine nature.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Shocker eh?

Whoda thunk it?

This very fact though, is part of the reason I feel so strongly about these televangelists. They serve no purpose other than to stroke their own egos and make themselves rich. They do not promote Christ, but promote themselves.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
kinda related, christians urged into revolution if trump is impeached.

christianity, managing to find new lows in america.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: growler

That's the thing though growler, this is not a matter of Christianity vs Reason, any more than the Middle East fiasco is a matter of Islam vs The World, or Christianity vs Islam, or any other such notion.

This is a matter PURELY, of greedy, hateful people, taking control of groups of people by lying to them about what they ought to be doing, if they believe. It is no different to the lies Trump tells the people of the United States about what it means to be American, or the lies that fascists in the rest of the world tell their audiences about what it means to be from any other place, or be a part of any particular political movement.

Its the same scam, with a different hook. The reason we look poorly upon hyper nationalism is the same reason we look poorly upon religious fundamentalism, because they are the same exact thing, save for the name, the hook, and the numbers. Aside from the small details, they are the same disease. The nation is not the problem, the religion is not the problem, and pride in either is not the problem. The belief in the supremacy and primacy of these things above all other considerations, most notably ones ability to be humanitarian, loving and decent toward others, the misalignment of priorities, from the smallest expression thereof, to the most obvious, are what are the problem, and the only solution to that problem is to be smarter than the people who attempt to control others by those means, and to maintain vigilance against the erosion of intelligence in the population.

There is a disease abroad among the species at present, and it manifests itself in churches, mosques, synagogues, temples, offices of local and national government, rallies for political figures, and in the minds and hearts of the unwary. It is a disease which permits people to treat the rest of the world like a threat, a disease which promotes fear, a disease which renders people intolerant of others, uncaring of the feelings, the needs, or even the continuance of the mortal lives of others. It is what created the Westboro Baptist Church, it is what permitted the rise of Hitlers Nazis, it is what gave rise to the Presidency of Donald Trump, the same exact illness which permitted the CIA to successfully co-opt a group of freedom fighters, and turn them into the tower smashing, innocent beheading, pathetic man-children they are today. It is what permitted the governments of the west to turn many of their people against the residents of the Middle East, what permitted the swell of racist fervour we are experiencing now all over the west.

It is the same, it is not different.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This man and many of the survivors and national guard troops sheltering in his showrooms are what real heroes and leaders act like. Thank you, sir. Lead on.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

I hope everybody condemning the guy or the church in general has gotten out their checkbook and written the Red Cross a nice fat check. Not to much of that money will go to the victims, but a little of it will.

If people have the desire to give, please don't write that check to the Red Cross. Write it to the Salvation Army, more of your money will get to where you want it to go. Better yet give it a church or local organization that is sponsoring a relief effort.

The Red Cross is too top heavy and too politically inclined. Too much donated money never makes it to the people that need it most.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
So how many of us are going to open up our homes and invite these poor flood victims to come and live with us until they can get back on their feet?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Who or what is next? Maybe we have enough pieces of the puzzle to see a silhouette of our future.

They have people so brainwashed that they now can control them without being covert in their actions.

Even if they are standing in their front yard on dry ground without another person or vehicle observable for miles in any direction, if MSM says a war is going on in your front yard, and barbarians are knocking down your door, some people will believe the BS instead what they see with their own eyes.

Years ago the CT folks used to talk about them taking us over with Project Blue Beam. We were warned that they would send false messages that would seem so real that we would believe them to be true.

The old CT folk got it right. It is just that the deceptive visions are not controlling us from the sky. We are paying for our enslavement out of our own pockets, and willing locking the collar and leash around our own necks.

I think we are past blaming anyone or anything else for our demise.

edit on 30-8-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
And maybe he is raking in the dough and maybe he is stroking his own ego... but at least he's out there promoting a message of kindness, love, peace and faith to those who chose to listen. I know.. these days most people are too cynical and suspicious to hear the message. That's ok. I'd rather promote love and put a smile on my face than lurk around hating everyone.

This isn't directed any anyone in particular. I'm just sick of the negativity about everything I guess...

Don't mind me

edit on 30-8-2017 by Skorpiogurl because: Just because

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join