It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Pastor JOEL OSTEEN Will NOT Open His Mega-Church To Flood Victims!.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I hate this guy, with so much passion. So much.

My mother likes him for some odd reason. Him, and this other she-witch televangelist.

I sent her a link to this story, with the underlying message of "STOP GIVING THIS MAN YOUR MONEY."

They use the term "tithing" as a way to get their money, but its taken out of context. Instead of doing ten percent of your work for the "good of people", they want you to give them ten percent of your earnings.

At any rate, as Iron Maiden pointed out; "Saving your souls by taking your money. flies around #, bees around honey"

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I admit that everyone that claims to be a Christian does not always carry themselves they way many people think that a Christian should behave, but at least most Christians try. Many fail, but they try.

I don't see anyone expecting any care or help from any of the other religious groups.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I don't see anyone expecting any care or help from any of the other religious groups.

How many of those other religious groups own former sports stadiums?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I am not defending this man. I question his actions and do not find him Christian like at all.

I was responding to you lumping all Christians into the same group with Osteen. Many Christians are loving, selfless, and giving people.

So many on ATS are so quick to drown the boards with posts condemning those that make complaints about other religious groups, accusing them of painting the other groups with a broad brush, but seems that Christians are fair game to vitriol, hate and condemnation.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DAVID64
I buy Mello Yello at my local grocery all the time. Now, Lime Coke [ not that diet crap ] is hard to find! Although, truth be told, it's probably a good thing I can't find it anymore. I was going through a 12 pack every 2 days.

I haven't seen Mello Yello in the northeast in years. They target us with diet stuff.

You poor soul. I have a 2-liter of it in the fridge right now
And a couple cans of Surge. That right there is like the Holy Grail of soda, Aug.
Now, if I could just get my hands on some good ol' Jolt, my fridge would be the Holy Trinity of sodas.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I was responding to you lumping all Christians into the same group with Osteen.

If you read that post again, I think you'll find that I clearly used the word "most" not "all" Christians.

Many Christians are loving, selfless, and giving people.

I have met a few who apparently are, Yes, until a subject like gay marriage or Islam is brought up - then you see their true colours.

I am not saying ALL Christians are like that, but I have had extensive experience and have seen "behind the curtain" of what goes on at several large churches - and I have never seen a more hypocritical bunch in my life.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Double.
edit on 29/8/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

You must be referring to evangelist Joyce Meyers. She received Divine communication 20 years ago stating that the 10% you give to the Lord should be 10% of your gross income, before taxes.

I remember after she delivered that Proclamation, our pastor started saying the same thing. I think they all belong to the same religious discussion Forum, or something.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Double.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
And a couple cans of Surge. That right there is like the Holy Grail of soda, Aug.
Now, if I could just get my hands on some good ol' Jolt, my fridge would be the Holy Trinity of sodas.

There's so much sugar and caffeine in your fridge I'm surprised it hasn't run out of the house and did back flips on the lawn.

edit on 29-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The church is underwater. They are trying to clean up to accept those in need.

Do some research before you defame someone. Awful quick to berate Christians.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Nyiah

There's so much sugar and caffeine in your fridge I'm surprised it hasn't run out of the house and did back flips on the lawn.

When we go on soda-laden pizza benders, it resembles a hyper frat boy

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: carewemust

This is Joel Osteen's house in Houston:

and this is his other house, in Pensacola:

Meanwhile, he can't open up the megachurch cash cow to his neighbors who are losing everything? Televangelists make politicians look good.

That looks like what a trashy person believes a mansion should look like.
edit on 29-8-2017 by icanteven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I have met a few who apparently are, Yes, until a subject like gay marriage or Islam is brought up - then you see their true colours.

Have you ever brought Christianity or gay marriage up to Muslims?

Have you ever been "behind the curtain" at a large mosque?

I am sure if you have that you may find little separation between the two.

Though you vent hatred towards one and not to the other.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Just another greedy freeloader who pretends to be a messenger of god in order to fill his pockets. Too bad he mars the reputations of good pastors. a reply to: carewemust

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Have you ever brought Christianity or gay marriage up to Muslims?

Yes. I used to work with three Muslims at a service station (gas station to you Americans) where we would spend many 8 hour shifts discussing everything about their culture and beliefs and ours.

Have you ever been "behind the curtain" at a large mosque?

I am sure if you have that you may find little separation between the two.

What,that the people in the Mosques aren't hypocritical like the Christians "behind the curtains"?

I'm sure they are. But that's not what we are discussing and your attempts to deflect the conversation are actually serving to prove my original point.

Though you vent hatred towards one and not to the other.

Aaaaand there's the rest of the proof.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I don't know why you think my response to your comment

I have met a few who apparently are, Yes, until a subject like gay marriage or Islam is brought up - then you see their true colours. I am not saying ALL Christians are like that, but I have had extensive experience and have seen "behind the curtain" of what goes on at several large churches - and I have never seen a more hypocritical bunch in my life.
would be an attempt at deflection.

I'm sure they are. But that's not what we are discussing and your attempts to deflect the conversation are actually serving to prove my original point.

"Though you vent hatred towards one and not to the other."

Aaaaand there's the rest of the proof.

I was discussing the point that you brought up.

You hate Christians. I get it. I just think it is a bit odd that you hate them supposedly for the same reasons that you defend another religion that shares similar beliefs about opposing religions and about homosexuality.

You made your point. There is no need to continue this deflecting conversation.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

See, you've totally missed my whole point in your zeal to paint me as "hating all Christians" - despite it being laid out clearly for you.

How do you know my thoughts on any other religion? Hmmmm? This thread is about Christians so that's the religion I am focusing on. Stop making up total nonsense and then playing victim.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Did anyone bother to ask him why? Cant judge the man because I am not sitting in his shoes. I am sure its a liability issue, and you really can't win in a situation like this. If you say yes, your building may get trashed, people may get raped robbed and or murdered and you may be held accountable as a property owner. If you are afraid of those things and say no, you are an evil bastard. I wouldn't want to be him right now.

edit on 29-8-2017 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I have no zeal to paint you as a hater of Christianity.

I can only go by what you post.

I may be reading you wrong, but I don't remember reading any of your post that reflects the same amount of animosity towards other religions that you seem to project towards Christians.

I will try harder to see the love or least the fairness that you have been projecting in your posts towards Christians.

Much can get lost in translation when reading text on a screen.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join