It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Pastor JOEL OSTEEN Will NOT Open His Mega-Church To Flood Victims!.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: Kryties
I have no zeal to paint you as a hater of Christianity.

I can only go by what you post.

And yet here you are, ignoring my posts and making up the fact that I hate all Christians. How do you explain that?

I may be reading you wrong, but I don't remember reading any of your post that reflects the same amount of animosity towards other religions that you seem to project towards Christians.

I will try harder to see the love or least the fairness that you have been projecting in your posts towards Christians.

Much can get lost in translation when reading text on a screen.

You're going off one thread that has the specific topic of Christianity. Of-bloody-course I'm going to focus on Christians. Why on earth would I talk about Muslims in a thread about a Christian church?

You're just trying to deflect and make it about something it's not. It's plainly obvious.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Yet you were the one that brought up Muslims and call it deflection when some one responds to it.

I have not ignored one of your posts.

I don't think I am reading anything more into your post than what you write, but I could be getting the wrong message from what you have written.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
For those who don't know, Joel Osteen is a pastor who now has one of the largest Christian "Mega Churches" in the country. It's in Houston. Who is Joel Osteen?: en.wikipedia.org...

Houston-based celebrity pastor Joel Osteen is coming under fire on Twitter for not opening up the doors to his Church for storm victims to take shelter.

Osteen — pastor at Houston’s Lakewood Church — has kept the doors closed even though pictures on Twitter appear to show that the Church escaped the brunt of the storm. Lakewood Church — which was formerly an NBA arena called The Summit, home to the Houston Rockets — holds 16,800 people.
Source: www.mediaite.com...

I really don't know what to say. "Shame on you!" is not anywhere near strong enough. Talk about giving Christians and Christian Pastors a bad reputation! Jesus.

-CareWeMust

This is fake news, and you're a moron for buying it. Reading about it in on CNN right now. How does it feel to be less reliable than CNN?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yet you were the one that brought up Muslims and call it deflection when some one responds to it.

I mentioned Islam once when referencing the fact that, in my experience, to bring up that subject to many Christians will show you their true colors.

You're trying to claim that somehow makes me a hypocrite because I didn't mention anything about any wrongs that Islam may commit. This has NOTHING to do with either the thread OR my original comments other than to serve as a deflection.

I have not ignored one of your posts.

I'll change the word "ignored" for either "misinterpreted", "misunderstood" or "deliberately twisted". Take your pick.

I don't think I am reading anything more into your post than what you write, but I could be getting the wrong message from what you have written.

Yes, you're trying to make it about something it's not.

edit on 29/8/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I mentioned Islam once when referencing the fact that, in my experience, to bring up that subject to many Christians will show you their true colors. You're trying to claim that somehow makes me a hypocrite because I didn't mention anything about any wrongs that Islam may commit. This has NOTHING to do with either the thread OR my original comments other than to serve as a deflection.

It has everything to do with what you posted or you would not have used it as an example.

I will admit that Christians sometimes don't act very Christ like, but I would never have used the example that some Christians treat Muslims or homosexuals badly, as a reason for why I have problems with them, unless it was something they did that I found particularly upsetting.

You used that as your example of them showing their true colors, so it obviously means a lot to you and it has everything to do with your post.

I am not misrepresenting or deliberately twisting your posts, at least no more than you are doing to mine.

edit on 29-8-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He is a modern gnostic "christian". I believe we've been warned about teachers like him im our very own bible. I bet he doesn't talk much about those topics.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

The Pastors are now covering each other's butts for their slow or non-response to this horrific disaster. One of Joel Osteen's colleagues, Pastor Tony Perkins of Louisiana, says that Pastor Osteen probably didn't want people in his flooded church.

But, if you look beyond the excuses, there could be deeper, religious reasons. Perkins said last year that Hurricanes are a sign of God's unhappiness that Abortions, and Gay Marriages, are legal in the U.S..

Source: www.nydailynews.com...

edit on 8/29/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xizd1
The church is underwater.

Really? Maybe check your facts before you post. It wasn't flooded when the request was made.

Stop defending this asshole.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

You prefer that ultra leftist outfit called Breitbart?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The guys smile gives me the creeps, in a kiddy fiddler creep kind of way.

Just saying.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

JOEL OSTEEN TURNS WATER INTO WHINE

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
He opened his church up. Just saw the report. Put the pitch fork away. Now, far be it from me to defend this guy, but his congregation gives him the money he has. It is reasonable they've heard your cries of foul, but continue to give to his church the same. You can be mad at Mr. Olsteen but it's his followers that continue to enrich his bankroll. In America, we are free to give to the causes and/or establishments we feel make us better. This congregation feels that the payoff is worth it. So be it. Now move on.....

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xizd1
The church is underwater. They are trying to clean up to accept those in need.

Do some research before you defame someone. Awful quick to berate Christians.

Apparently you didn't check the first few pages of this thread, or you would have seen the video from Sunday, showing that Lakewood church, and the entire neighborhood, was NOT underwater. Sidewalks, lawns, streets, all were/are ABOVE water.

If you are a Christian, then you're aware of the Bible passages which essentially say that being verbally or physically attacked for being Christian, is a badge of honor. Rejoice in it.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Joedog1990

This makes sense. He's a prosperity pastor. He has a message, and he teaches it in such a way that his congregation feels that they are benefitting in some way from those teachings.

If I'm going to put a property up for sale, I want a successful real estate agent. If he/she drives up in a 10-yr. old faded beat-up automobile with two bald tires, I'm not going to feel real confident that my agent is all that successful.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

The majority of Osteens donation revenue is derived from, Speeches, Books, and Multi-Media sources on a global scale. Not from his "congregation".

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Here is my thought, you have a flock of 16K+, why wasn't someone smart enough to be planning a kitchen for first responders, or a resting place for them. When I still believed, in a small church, we had contingency plans for all kinds of things, most of them ridiculous, but none the less plans.

I think Osteen is a douche weasel of the 97th magnitude, and those that follow his lead, are somewhat less than I would think most honest Christians to aspire to.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

You know it flooded too right?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: staticfl

You know it flooded too right?

No that idea was pretty much discounted at the beginning of this thread, continue to defend this asshat, shows us all who you are.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
How would he get them out? The Katrina free loaders are still in Houston, living for free.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

This makes sense. He's a prosperity pastor. He has a message, and he teaches it in such a way that his congregation feels that they are benefitting in some way from those teachings.

If I'm going to put a property up for sale, I want a successful real estate agent. If he/she drives up in a 10-yr. old faded beat-up automobile with two bald tires, I'm not going to feel real confident that my agent is all that successful.

When I was a Christian, I pretty much had no faith in pastor's in 1000 dollar suits, and a Rolex. It was only when those lower on the totem pole proved their BS, that I walked away.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join