It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Pastor JOEL OSTEEN Will NOT Open His Mega-Church To Flood Victims!.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: daveinats
How would he get them out? The Katrina free loaders are still in Houston, living for free.

do you have a source, or just spouting fox news or breitbart nonsense?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: staticfl
a reply to: carewemust

You know it flooded too right?

If Lakewood flooded, why did the Pastor suddenly decide today to bring flood victims there? Seems kind of cruel and un-Christian-like to me.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Can't much trust a guy who can't possibly understand the actual trials and tribulations his sheep go through. He talks them out of money they sorely need, while he prances around his incredibly large, ridiculous mansions. Because God is "ok with it."

Heck.. it's almost like having a Billionaire President who can't possibly understand what his citizens actually go through!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Attention Please:

The topic is not each other or opinions of each other. If you can't post without resorting to personal attacks move on before you find yourself Posting Banned.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Blaine,

Straight up question, I was attacked and struck back, why the same standards? You are a very honest mod, there are some that are not, this is the reason I ask you this question.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

How would he get them out? The Katrina free loaders are still in Houston, living for free.

I don't know if they are living there for free, but...

""While the exact number is unclear, around 250,000 people escaped to Houston from New Orleans after Katrina with an estimated 100,000 remaining permanently in the city and surrounding towns.""

Source: www.foxnews.com...

That's a huge number, when you consider that New Orleans' population as of 2016 is only 391,000 people. They were at 500,000 pre-Katrina.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Joedog1990

IM surprised people do not realize that if they are modern christians you are not obligates to tithe at all. You are to give IF you can and it does not have to be the first 10 percent of your pay.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

But, if you look beyond the excuses, there could be deeper, religious reasons. Perkins said last year that Hurricanes are a sign of God's unhappiness that Abortions, and Gay Marriages, are legal in the U.S..

Source: www.nydailynews.com...

Nah, not Joel Osteen. He just looked at all the extra money it'd cost. If a preacher wouldn't help others because of that, then again, our bible warns against such "teachers" and "prophets". God's wrath is much bigger than that if and when he chooses to unleash it. It may be a sign of the times, but it isn't God's wrath.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

www.arabamericannews.com...

all the mosques were open and taking people in

here is my other link buzz.blog.ajc.com...

there are 2 pics of an area with water....but that place is huge.....scroll down to the video...guy drove over there 20 cars in the parking lot...not flooded/////
edit on 29-8-2017 by research100 because: added another link

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

""While the exact number is unclear, around 250,000 people escaped to Houston from New Orleans after Katrina with an estimated 100,000 remaining permanently in the city and surrounding towns.""

That's a huge number, when you consider that New Orleans' population as of 2016 is only 391,000 people. They were at 500,000 pre-Katrina.

Ok will buy the numbers, but are they living for free?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

IM surprised people do not realize that if they are modern christians you are not obligates to tithe at all. You are to give IF you can and it does not have to be the first 10 percent of your pay.

When I was involved in a small SBC church, 10% of gross was expected, as explained by the pastor

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
There are small time ministers in Houston doing everything they can to rescue and support evacuees. And the we have Joel Osteen offering prayer and support. F this asshat.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Ok will buy the numbers, but are they living for free?

The articles says that those numbers are estimates, because exact figures aren't available. Knowing how many are working and how many are on welfare (living for free), is a total unknown.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

As mentioned a few pages back, there was a roof leak, which lead to flooding in a couple areas. But you're right. The majority of the church was NOT flooded. Which is why it suddenly started accepting flood victims today.

But I bet most of the victims being accepted are from the "nice" areas of Houston.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

When I was involved in a small SBC church, 10% of gross was expected, as explained by the pastor

That may be true but In the bible is pretty clear about things we are to do as christians. The pastor was a liar in your church.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

a reply to: research100

As mentioned a few pages back, there was a roof leak, which lead to flooding in a couple areas. But you're right. The majority of the church was NOT flooded. Which is why it suddenly started accepting flood victims today.

But I bet most of the victims being accepted are from the "nice" areas of Houston.

Care you and I are pretty far politically apart. From some of your comments, you are a good person. I would like to publically recognize that. Good people of all sorts should be recognized.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Like I said before, right wingers (especially the religious right wingers) are in a cult. Anyone who supports these con-artists and believe a single iota that comes out of their mouths is in a cult and deserves to lose their money to these leaches.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

That may be true but In the bible is pretty clear about things we are to do as christians. The pastor was a liar in your church.

I would agree, and think I expressed it earlier in the thread.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join