It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Pastor JOEL OSTEEN Will NOT Open His Mega-Church To Flood Victims!.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

lol more like a little bird whispered to the Horse teeth man he will have his tax break revoked as he proved he didn't use it support the community.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

The man seriously needs a better speech/ sermon writer. Like yesterday.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Interesting take on things, I am a vet, a highly skilled machinist, have worked for a living a good portion of my 57 years. Why would I be jealous of a scumbag who has spent his whole adult life convincing people that they could buy their way into heaven. You really need to find another hobby.

Worse than convincing them they can buy their way into heaven, he convinces them they can magically create wealth or improve their life simply by giving him their money. Preying on the most vunerable and desperate people who can least afford to donate to his next mansion.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I don't know how much more proof some people need... it isn't a religion; it's a business.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Kryties

I could tell you some stories of what goes on in upper management meetings within a certain mega church here in Australia that would curl your eyebrows.

You should, for others sake. I wouldn't be curly browed, I was raised in Churchianity.

I'm seriously considering writing a whole thread about it, although I do worry that their may be legal implications that I simply cannot afford to defend right now.

I think you could get away it if you didn't get specific about names or locations. It isn't hard to believe a pastor would gold plate his car, just can't figure out why.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

mysterious payoffs probably.

The reason they don't bring fraud against big churches is they have money to sue the gubment for harassment. They'd win too, and get even more money.

As I understand it Scientology was granted tax exempt status after threatening to file endless law suits against the gubment for harassment. After all scientology is going to save the world.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan
I don't know how much more proof some people need... it isn't a religion; it's a business.

Somehow people have been conned that religion is not a business.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

If the building was flooding he could have opened the church coffers and paid for another facility to house refugees. Or invite them to his palatial homes, they're huge.

If the flood waters rose, his church ark would float anyway.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Only Organized Religions are a business.

Kind of like Organized Crime.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Only Organized Religions are a business.

Kind of like Organized Crime.

Indeed, very much so..

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Wow, just wow.

I am a christian myself, but I find this just a disgusting taste of greed and deception.

This is why I don't go to church, this is why I don't support organized religion.

I hope he loses all of his followers, people burn his books, and he goes bankrupt in 5 years because he cant make his mortgage payments on those mansions of his.

I think this is going to be a real eye-opener for a lot of people into just what kind of person he is and just what kind of scam he is running!

Jesus, throw this scumbag out of his own church!

Thanks,

Real Agent Smith.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: realAgentSmith

Well you dont have to go to a building called a church to be in church. how? simple. just read the bible yourself and study it. SO many people as mis informed on that.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
While I do think all religious hocus pocus is.. Well hocus pocus and Im not a fan of any Abrahamic religions... Must say that at least. 4 Texas Mosques opened their doors to all in need before Joel's mind could be swayed by tweeter.
edit on 31-8-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

www.arabamericannews.com...

all the mosques were open and taking people in

here is my other link buzz.blog.ajc.com...

there are 2 pics of an area with water....but that place is huge.....scroll down to the video...guy drove over there 20 cars in the parking lot...not flooded/////
So were churches. What's your point?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

He can't make money if they are all inside, he will actually 'lose' money if they go in and stay, big no no for mr pastor here, oh wait is a 'lords house....apologies

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

This is Joel Osteen's house in Houston:

and this is his other house, in Pensacola:

Meanwhile, he can't open up the megachurch cash cow to his neighbors who are losing everything? Televangelists make politicians look good.

Why on earth and in heaven above would he require such ostentatious, giant homes? WTF is wrong with him?!

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You mean Christianity? The Catholic strain of Christianity certainly is. They run a lot of global charities though.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

That behavior is VERY common for mega church owners.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

This is Joel Osteen's house in Houston:

and this is his other house, in Pensacola:

Meanwhile, he can't open up the megachurch cash cow to his neighbors who are losing everything? Televangelists make politicians look good.

MY mansions have many rooms, for me and my family and friends. And NO we can't take a bunch of our own displaced neighbors into our nice Church. We might have to have our services somewhere else and it might cost us some of MY own money, to refurbish afterwards. Did you see what they did to the Superdome that last time?

I think it's fair to say that this isn't the way that God talked or acted.

Prosperity gospel?! Bah. Jesus spews Joel Osteen from his mouth. I never knew him..

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

That behavior is VERY common for mega church owners.

No one can OWN a "church"!

What a racket. Boy would Jesus be pissed!

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join