It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I have a question. i want to understand this all very cleary. so. what is the buttom of the flat earth like?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
normally, we have other seas, countries etc if it is round, now it is flat, what?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Let's establish something really quick on this thread:

There is no "belief" in the Spherical Earth. It's a fact. Physics and math don't care if you believe in them. There is, however, a belief in the flat earth. There is no math or science that supports it, nothing. What have we learned before? That physics and math don't care if you believe in them or if they hurt your feelings.

Now please, continue entertaining me.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   
i'd like to expend this theory pls if you help. maybe it is a lava field underneath flat earth. and the flat earth is floating on it. and this lava field is sometimes dripping in the space as astroids fly near by and they are going someplace else in the universe and little organisms in that lava bits are starting life many many light years away.and then one day they come to a round planet (not a flat one) and life begins there too and since there is no lava dripping from there on, life is stuck there and they call it prison planet.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

and probably it would look like this.the flat one i mean.
edit on 28-8-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Badams

Do you agree with me that in a vacuum there is a absence oxygen?
You are not the kind of person who I would agree with on anything.
I am sure that what this guy is using is a old style, from the 80's, automotive air-conditioning compressor and is not going to create any kind of actual vacuum. They are designed to create a lower pressure on the downstream side of an evaporator core and a higher pressure on the upstream side of a condenser core.
Anyway, it is not a very convincing demonstration, for all I know, the coins are pushing the feathers down.
edit on 2018828 by LolliKum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LolliKum

Oh okay, well I'll take that as a no to accepting the definition of a vacuum.

Okay, vacuums are out, next.

Why do you think things "fall" / sink slower in water than they do if you drop them in just the air - say if you held out your arm? Can I have your reasoning behind this phenomena?

You cant say i'm not trying to have a conversation with you.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LolliKum
a reply to: wmd_2008

So you avoid showing any proof that the Moon should reverse on the flat Earth if viewed from North or South of the Equator why am I NOT surprised by that
There is nothing to show. You tell me, how would the explanation be any different from a spherical model to a flat model?

If you measure the size of the Sun/Moon at the horizon highest point then horizon again they are exactly the same size on a camera sensor.
The video you posted is a fail from the get go.
Sorry, but I had to turn it off at 50 seconds into it.
The guy says, of course the Sun will get smaller by being further away.
Well, he just proved Flat Earth right there.
The Spherical Earth Theory says the Sun is 93 Million miles away, so how would a few miles to allow for rotation of the sphere make any difference whatsoever?

So in simple terms graphics that even the dumbest can understand first if the Earth was flat and two people at opposites side looked towards the Moon.

They would both see the Moon in the same way.

This is how the Moon looks on the GLOBE.

As the two people are upside down relative to each other the see the Moon the opposite way up from each other that can be shown with photographic and video evidence.

So YOU only watched the first 50 seconds of the video which explains the claim of the flat Earth video he was looking at.

If you actually watch the video a Sun filter is used to block the glare so you see the sphere of the Sun and not the glow in the Atmosphere guess what that sphere does not change size between it's path from horizon to noon and back to the horizon.

YOU flatties AVOID anything which prove your claims are the bull cookies they are.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LolliKum

New Zealand and England in DAYLIGHT.
I was not questioning the ability of those two people in that scenario to both see the Sun at the same time.
What I was claiming is that according to the globe, if you believed it was an accurate representation of the Earth in real life, then there is a problem with those two and what they were seeing because the Globe says, no, they cannot because they are on the wrong side of the globe to be able to.

The Globe has a tilted axis that's why it can happen, again simple facts that flatties can't seem to grasp or understand.

So once again this image

So in August New Zealand and England have daylight

Now in late Dec we have this

New Zealand in daylight and England in darkness Summer in Southern Hemisphere winter in the North.

Have you ever heard of the land of the Midnight Sun.

Midnight Sun

All due to a tilted globe can't happen on a flat Earth.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

a far more vexxing question for flat earth proponents = why do 2 observers - one in tasmania , one in the UK - always see the same face of the moon ?

its best to be cruel - and ask them where the moon is - beforehand - its a brilliant " gotcha "

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

More BS from you lol the people that thought the world was flat were like today's flatties not very observant. The clues were their and the brightest saw them . Ships dissappearing over the horizon changing positions of stars at different times of the year etc etc. As for the claim they knew more about the night sky
just

You make many claims sorry you quote all the flat Earth cliches you are a total joke.

Why don't you prove your claim about the feathers and bowling ball you can watch the hammer and feathers dropped on the Moon what will your reason be for that showing objects fall at the same rate under a vacuum.

edit on 28-8-2018 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

It doesn't matter because they don't actually believe in FE. They are a troll here to argue.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

aye belief is the right word, because when you dont have objective facts and observable phenomenon to back up your ideas, theories, ideology , then all you have is blind faith! and belief

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

It is very difficult to understand how a balance can be kept between two different pressurre zones without a solid divider. Just imagine the presure of an absolute vacuum in direct contact with our Earths atmosphere. Would it not suck our atmosphere "dry" until a balance is reached. Hmmm...still can not get my head around it..

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Oops ..double post..

edit on 28/8/2018 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

It is very difficult to understand how a balance can be kept between two different pressurre zones without a solid divider. Just imagine the presure of an absolute vacuum in direct contact with our Earths atmosphere. Would it not suck our atmosphere "dry" until a balance is reached. Hmmm...still can not get my head around it..

Gravity holds the atmosphere toward the surface of the planet.

As for the line between the absolute vacuum and the thick atmosphere -- there is no place where absolute vacuum contacts thick atmosphere. Instead, the atmosphere gets thinner and thinner as we get farther from the surface. Go up one mile, and it gets a little harder to breathe and the air gets cooler (cooler because there are fewer molecules of air that hold the sun's heat). Go up three miles, and most people would need some assistance with breathing, like an oxygen tank. At 10 miles the atmosphere is thinner yet. At 20 miles the atmosphere barely exists and is becoming more vacuum-like. At 100 miles up there are practically no atmospheric molecules, and is instead a virtual vacuum.

So, yeah -- there is a tug-of-war with our atmosphere between Earth's gravity and the vacuum of space. The Earth's gravity can only hold on to just a very thin sliver of breathable atmosphere that barely extends above the surface.

It's probably a shorter distance for most people to go to their closest town than it is the distance upward to the edge of the breathable atmosphere.

edit on 28/8/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

The balance is reached by the force of gravity exerted by the Earth. Flat Earth actually doesn't explain at all what we see in the atmosphere and it's thinning.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

One they didnt believe the earth was flat. Anyone with even a slight education knew the earth was round. It has been known to be round since the ancient greeks. Most of what you heard is myths. During the Early Middle Ages, virtually all scholars maintained the spherical viewpoint, which had been first expressed by the Ancient Greeks.

What happened in the USA was a group of religious settlers between the 1870s and the 1920s caused the idea of a flat earth mostly do to a lack of educators. When you try to have the smartest out of a group of idiots teach you it doeant go well. So the only books they had were the bible and it became the major teaching aid. So they tried to sell that idea of flat earth being supported by the bible. By the way even jesus knew the earth was round it was common knowledge. The only people that ever thought it to be flat lacked the education needed to comprehend the facts.

Oh and columbus knew the world was round. What they didn't know was their math was off as to its size. Turned out the earth was almost twice the size they believed it was. You might be interested to know that the myth of a flat earth in the middle ages was used to attack the church. This was when Darwin's theory was first presented people saw it as an attack on the church.

The churches opinions were being dismissed with claims they didn't understand science and had assumed the earth to be flat for centuries during the middle ages. That's simply not true even the Vatican was well aware the earth was round. So it has always been assumed that anyone that believed in flat earth lacked the education.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join