It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

And if you have never heard the term 'scientism' before..............you most likely have not heard of 'The Scientific Dictatorship' either.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Here is the Wiki bit on scientism for those who don't have time to watch the vids:

Wiki: Scientism

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Loved the comments on YouTube after that vid - "Nukes are fake" - very funny but also sad that there are people out there that believe such tosh.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

So you are implying that it is NOT science that has shown us that the Earth is a spheroid, but actually the idea of a spheroid Earth is only due to "Scientism".

Can you show us specifically how in fact the real scientific method fails in explaining the shape of the Earth as a spheroid, and how it is only due to Scientism that the idea of the sphere Earth exists today?

edit on 30/8/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I told u were the theory comes from, I didn't not say that I believe it. Read the lines, or go back to school.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: thefourthjokerscard

ur observatnt

see..

flat earth makes everyone stupid

No, just u

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

OH joy - another dishonest and evasive little wingnut - we shall have a full set soon

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Lol, dishonest I am not, maybe evasive, but

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

ur observatnt

see..

Indeed, it appears to make even the ones shouting stupid, stupid!
How stupid are people who argue with what they consider stupid people?
Yes....we all know that you consider anyone who questions scientism stupid.
We know what you think.....you are getting incredibly boring now.

Good to know...

Except I don't post to entertain... usually

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: thefourthjokerscard

ur observatnt

see..

No, just u

nah... literally everyone

Scientists, philosophers... even those that adhere to religion

it all goes down to the tubes when stupidity enters the conversation

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The earth used to be flat, but it changed into a ball to avoid people falling off.
edit on 0000008062586America/Chicago30 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

I never could get over the dumb in that theory ... err,,,,,, I meant dome.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I don’t think it’s necessary to ridicule those who hold different opinions on issues such as this.

I remember telling one flat earther once...” lets say you’re right and the earth is flat. Will that change how you treat your fellow human being ? Wether you believe the world is flat or it is round, it inconsequential to how we take of each other and our planet.”

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Or pictures from the Concord.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
The earth used to be flat, but it changed into a ball to avoid people falling off.

Didn't the Egyptians do it because their pyramid workers kept falling off. They could have had those things built in 18 months had they fixed the Earth first.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Debunking flat earth was my specialty on the conspiracy gladiator forums.
edit on 30-8-2018 by 14377 because: Grammar sucks

Ask me how.
edit on 30-8-2018 by 14377 because: More input

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

This particular issue isn't about opinions

Its factual informaton vs stupidity...

When we start to validate stupidity because it hurts peoples feelings... we decend into idiocracy

It needs to be crushed before it spreads

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Grimpachi

its a fabricated belief system , where science acts as if its the all knowing all being everything , and anyone who argues against science is a heretic !

its basically like warhammer 40K where a secular society somehow acts like a religioN !

scientism the strange belief that people who adhere to scientific principles and actively defend them are somehow scientific zealots
that anyone who "believes" in science is using science like a religion and dont question their "beliefs"

difference being is that science deals strictly in truth, objective fact and no belief is required

"...difference being is that science deals strictly in truth..."

That right there is an example of Scientism.

It is an incorrect statement. Science is our current best guess. Not truth.

It is not strictly truth at all. It examines multiple facets, including errors, mistakes, and all manner of info, not truth.
And the conclusions of the scientific method are not truth. They are merely the results of the test, done in the best way possible, depending on multiple conditions, not the least of which is budget.

Just because a thermometer says it's 20°C, doesn't mean the "true" temp is 20.
Was shopping at a hardware store, and they had a special, with a large display of thermometers. (You know the big round ones, with a white plastic case, and a red needle, that one hangs-up outside of a window, to see the outdoor temp from inside?)

Well, what a scene! There were about 200 cheapo thermometers there strewn in a large open-display box.
Upon examination, the temp readings varied from 18 to 22°, and all spots between.
Did that box contain strictly truth?

Imagine a small scientific experiment, with 5 various different kinds of thermometers, laid-out beside each other. We take the 5 temps, add the temps and divide by 5. Now we have a semi-scientific guess as to what the 'true' temp might be.

Imagine scaling-up that experiment, with more thermometers, better quality thermometers, larger budget, etc.
Keep upgrading the budget until you have thousands of calibrated, certified, thermometers. Use the most expensive computers, software, scientists, and control systems.

You'll get a stronger result, but it will still be a best guess, and never achieves 'truth'.
Because all of the elements included in the experiment are fallible, and may one day fail, or be upgraded.

So: sorry to say that science does not 'deal strictly in truth'.
If anything: it deals with imperfect results, and does it's best to minimize the errors.

So many people believing that any kind of science is always right, and not understanding how it works = one aspect of Scientism.

Scientism cannot be used to debunk FE. Perhaps science might?
edit on 30-8-2018 by Nothin because: sp

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

This particular issue isn't about opinions

Its factual informaton vs stupidity...

When we start to validate stupidity because it hurts peoples feelings... we decend into idiocracy

It needs to be crushed before it spreads

I get your point ... but see what you did there ? Factual information versus stupidity, instead of factual information verses false information.

My point was you don’t have to be an a*** and name call , no matter how ludicrous you may think someone’s theories are. Your points will come across much stronger , in my opinion.

Just sayin... carry on being you , I guess.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Normally this isn't my style...

But i take serious issue with the idea that the earth is flat

Unfortunately... i feel the need to be unapologetically blunt regardless of what anyone thinks

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join