It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

But I have been subjected to exactly the same thing from the previous administration.

Than you know how they feel.

They want to raise my taxes, which I already can't pay, to pay for things that don't mean a damn (Paris Accord).

Agreed this sucks.

They want to take away the gun I use to defend my place against criminals and wild animals.

Not true. The just want to make it harder for criminals and mentally ill to legally buy a gun. The "the dems want to take our guns" line is just the way , through fear , that the republican party keeps their members in line.

They want to force me to buy healthcare

Yeah that was a bad move on their part for sure. Universal healthcare of some kind would be good for us all it's just that nether party can get it right, yet.

I can't get a job because the economy I should poor thanks to all their regulations.

This one is on you. I don't know anyone that is having trouble finding work. At least in my city I could have 3 jobs easily if I wanted. Perhaps your area is having problems unrelated to the government perhaps the evil dems did take you job but in ether case were there is a will there is a way. You need to try harder.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: kosmicjack

Your signature line has a typo. Just fyi.

It's OK he must be from the south... That is how they pronounce it there.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The scariest thing about this guy's writings is it's not reptillians and black helicopters...It's basically personal extrapolations on everyday CNN and MSNBC panel discussions.

Stuff millions are being spoon-fed every night.

Aside from the shooting spree, this guy could've been any number of leftists I know personally.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Now that you mention it yours has a typo too. Where are you from?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Two actually...I wonder if apostrophes don't show up in signatures.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

The Evergreen College in Washington recently had an out of control episode that terminated in the closing of the college. The students abused what they had and in the process lost it.

Perhaps we are seeing the same thing happening on a national level. If we cannot stop abusing our freedoms, by allowing calls for heinous acts to go unpunished and celebrating how different we are instead of how alike we are, we will surely lose them.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

They want to take away the gun I use to defend my place against criminals and wild animals.

Not true. The just want to make it harder for criminals and mentally ill to legally buy a gun. The "the dems want to take our guns" line is just the way , through fear , that the republican party keeps their members in line.

This isn't as simple as you make it sound. Some do want to take their guns. Just google "nobody should have a gun". Also, some gun rights activists are of the opinion that once you give an inch, they'll take a mile. This isn't irrational fear, it's not hypothetical, that's exactly what has happened in some states over the years, like Cali. So yeah it's not just a completely irrational position to be staunchly opposed to most gun control proposals. It does have some logical and factual basis.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'm just amazed anyone on the left feels that strongly about anything political.

You have got to be kidding me. Where the hell have you been? Did you somehow miss all the rioting, looting and protesting going on since the election?
Hint : It wasn't the Republicans doing it.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Progressive Terrorism.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Its starting to sink in for me too.

Its like being surrounded by millions of potential agent smiths. (Matrix)

The level of collective manipulation by industrial scale thought manufacturers in MSM has reached a new realm of exploitation.

All the state sanctioned propaganda is starting to show its side effects.

DC's blind eye to the power of a media powerhouse under an umbrella of protected monopolism must be opened to the public light.

The potential for external and /or private (national) players to hurt our country is too great for nothing to change.

edit on 6 14 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Progressive Terrorism.

I think it's just a guy who snapped. Who was mentally ill to begin with. We shouldn't call everyone who commits violence a terrorist.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Were any of those involved in today's incident taken to this place? (MedStar)

I've seen the talk about Seth having been taken to that place but have not been able to verify it for myself.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

This isn't as simple as you make it sound. Some do want to take their guns. Just google "nobody should have a gun". Also, some gun rights activists are of the opinion that once you give an inch, they'll take a mile. This isn't irrational fear, it's not hypothetical, that's exactly what has happened in some states over the years, like Cali. So yeah it's not just a completely irrational position to be staunchly opposed to most gun control proposals. It does have some logical and factual basis.

I agree lost of angles . But as I understand it the main face of the dem party does not want to take guns away.

I feel like each party has "things" they appear to want but things that will never happen. Abortion for the right guns for the left. Americans will never give up their guns. Most , not all, of my dem friends ether own guns or would like to. I do have some dem friends that yes would like not only guns but all military hardware of any kind destroyed. That's a dream, it will always be a dream. The day our government tries to do it is the day most of us unite against them. And I think they know it.
edit on 14-6-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Were any of those involved in today's incident taken to this place? (MedStar)

I've seen the talk about Seth having been taken to that place but have not been able to verify it for myself.

Yes, Steve Scalise is there. He's gone from 'likely to recover' to 'critical' after surgery.

I think most people speculate that's where Seth was taken because of their trauma unit. But, no, it's not been confirmed. And that is very odd, IMO. Why is that info so hush-hush?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I agree lost of angles . But as I understand it the main face of the dem party does not want to take guns away.

I'm not sure the majority of them do either. The problem is the most vocal elements are the most extreme, and propose things that fix a non-existent problem and/or things that aren't supported in the mainstream. When some actual sensible measures are proposed, they get voted down. Democrats blocked enhancements to the background check system last year that would've made it more effective at stopping people with mental illnesses from acquiring guns. Republicans blocked their bills too, so I'm not just blaming them. But the Dem excuse for blocking the Republican bill was "it didn't do enough". What happened to "If it saves one life..."?

And for the record virtually no one in the US owns military hardware, that's a falsehood spread by the media. The gun this guy used today was not military hardware.
edit on 14 6 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Than you know how they feel.

When does the cycle end, then? "An eye for an eye" leaves the whole world blind.

Yes, true. It's already happened before. The Brady Bill outlawed the mini-14, which I used for both hunting and a good all-around varmint rifle. Just the other day, I needed something to shoot a coyote that was killing our chickens... there is nowhere in this town to buy .22 shorts.

Every single regulation I have seen proposed restricts firearms sale to everyone, not just to criminals or the 'mentally ill' (still looking for an objective definition of that).

Yeah that was a bad move on their part for sure. Universal healthcare of some kind would be good for us all it's just that nether party can get it right, yet.

I agree that there are advantages to Universal healthcare. But it was more than a 'bad move'... it was a disastrous move that helped a few and harmed many.

This one is on you. I don't know anyone that is having trouble finding work. At least in my city I could have 3 jobs easily if I wanted. Perhaps your area is having problems unrelated to the government perhaps the evil dems did take you job but in ether case were there is a will there is a way. You need to try harder.

I got a freakin' engineering degree trying to find work! Now I'm being told I can't find a job in that field because my age will drive up their Obamacare premiums. I'm too old to be a laborer. My original career was replaced by a computer.

That is the most obnoxious, insensitive, and ignorant statement I have seen in this thread thus far. Conversation over.

TheRedneck

link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Two actually...I wonder if apostrophes don't show up in signatures.

There it's fixed...it was a cut and paste, so maybe that is how old David originally wrote it.

Nope doesn't save and I'm not from the south....

edit on 14-6-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: introvert

The gun was an AK variant according to CNN

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

All of them went to med ⭐️

Gwu campus?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

It is odd. He was alert in the video when they wheeled him off and then later reported as being in "stable" condition. Now, critical after surgery. You'd think surgery would improve things at least. Maybe he lost a lot of blood? There were reports of them using a belt for a tourniquet at the field.

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join