It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The cameraman took at least 3 different videos maybe more
He filmed for 14 secs hit stop to run

Filmed some more...hit stop

Filmed some more hit stop!

I do it a lot myself

So yes it has been edited

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: face23785

Disagree. He holds a powerful and prominent position as House Majority Whip. If he is murdered, I don't think it can be overthought.

I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is that the attempted murder has already taken place. We don't know if he'll survive or not. Believing witness statements now, but then changing your mind if he dies makes no sense whatsoever.

Oh, ok. Then I commit to believing nothing.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The cameraman took at least 3 different videos maybe more
He filmed for 14 secs hit stop to run

Filmed some more...hit stop

Filmed some more hit stop!

I do it a lot myself

So yes it has been edited

?

Yeah. I don't. And I don't know why anyone would be focused on stopping and starting their video while taking cover from gunfire.

ETA: But you are correct, it's cut and spliced in several spots.
edit on 14-6-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Oh I don't think Scalise was targeted specifically. He just happened to make the easiest target. At least if I'm remembering the details correctly. I thought Scalise was playing center field and the shooter came out from behind the third base dugout. That would make Scalise the first person he sees.

I thought you were saying that the shooter had no idea he was shooting at politicians in general.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

I'm aware. I was saying that apparently the practices for this current charity game had been going on for the past few months.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: SBMcG
Anyone watching this PHENOMENAL press conference with the "managers" of the House baseball teams?

I think things are about to calm down quite a bit in DC for a while...

Call me cynical, but I thought that 9/11 would calm things down too. That lasted for maybe about three weeks tops? If that.

Good point.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The shooter held a grudge against Scalise and singled him out on social media.

The alleged gunman who shot Rep. Steve Scalise and others Wednesday made a negative post about the representative on his personal Facebook page in January 2015. James T. Hodgkinson, the man believed to be the gunman at a baseball field in Alexandria, Va., Wednesday morning, posted to his personal Facebook page on Jan. 8, 2015 that “here’s a Republican that should Lose His Job, but they Gave Him a Raise.”

dailycaller.com...

edit on 14-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Oh I don't think Scalise was targeted specifically. He just happened to make the easiest target. At least if I'm remembering the details correctly. I thought Scalise was playing center field and the shooter came out from behind the third base dugout. That would make Scalise the first person he sees.

I thought you were saying that the shooter had no idea he was shooting at politicians in general.

Nah I wasn't, I can see how you could think that though. I should have worded my post more clearly. It sounds to me like he knew they'd be practicing that morning, but of course when he shows up he just sees a bunch of guys he doesn't recognize, and he wanted to make sure they were the people he wanted to kill (Republican congressmen in general, no one in particular).

This is of course my opinion, based on the available info right now.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Interesting!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

The shooter held a grudge against Scalise and singled him out on twitter.

The alleged gunman who shot Rep. Steve Scalise and others Wednesday made a negative post about the representative on his personal Facebook page in January 2015. James T. Hodgkinson, the man believed to be the gunman at a baseball field in Alexandria, Va., Wednesday morning, posted to his personal Facebook page on Jan. 8, 2015 that “here’s a Republican that should Lose His Job, but they Gave Him a Raise.”

dailycaller.com...

This would seem to contradict my position on the face of it. However, I would bet if you go through the rest of his feed there's a bunch of other people he calls out by name too. I wouldn't call that conclusive, but it certainly makes me reconsider. Maybe I should just STFU and see what else comes out.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You may be right.

For the life of me, I just can't picture doing that without a serious impetus, though. I can actually see myself going postal, but only over something massively serious... the murder of a family member, the destruction of my family home, even in responce to a false attack by political powers that seriously endangered my freedom... but not anything small like who the President is or what party is in power...

Maybe I'm just weird...

No matter. What he did today cost him his life and we can only hope no one else's.

AMEN!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The logical climax of the propaganda they've been calling "High Information".

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

The shooter held a grudge against Scalise and singled him out on social media.

dailycaller.com...

Wow.

What does worry me though is the slippery slope we all might be headed down. Some Congressman was already using the term " Rhetorical Terrorism."

On the heels of Theresa May's comments on an internet crack down, it's getting kind of Orwellian.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

I'm watching that presser with the "managers" of the baseball teams. He gave a lot more detail into the shooting. Did i hear right that the officer ran toward the shooter telling him to drop the pistol and then shot him. I think he meant to say rifle.

So brave of him to rush the shooter. He spoke of protecting his son Jack by having him hide under a car. Just so proud of those officers for stopping the potential massacre.

It also appears that either the shooter was a really bad shot or he wasn't shooting to kill. Probably just not a good shot, lucky for them.

link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

For the life of me, I just can't picture doing that without a serious impetus, though. I can actually see myself going postal, but only over something massively serious... the murder of a family member, the destruction of my family home, even in responce to a false attack by political powers that seriously endangered my freedom... but not anything small like who the President is or what party is in power...

I can't see myself going postal for any reason other than what you have described and especially not over something as such as politics. My political actions do not go much further than posting on this site and the only physical reaction it would ever create is me smashing my head against my desk when someone says something stupid.

I've met a lot of people in my time and I can say there are plenty of people out there that are simply 'off'. Put one of those people in to the US political crapstorm and you may end up with something like we seen today.

link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Add in some animal farm and hunger games

And some Jason Bourne.

Good reading

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Your signature line has a typo. Just fyi.

link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Darkphoenix77

I am.....someone needs to step up and make an attempt to restore some sanity regarding the way things currently stand. It's time to try and work together for the good of the country and stop the divide. Time will tell how this all pans out, but one can hope for some sanity to return anyways.

Yeah. Why is it that in every other situation on earth people of all works will work together except politics?

I've worked with Liberals/Conservatives/Libertarians/Greenies/Communists/Christians/Catholics/Scientologists/Athiest etc etc in the Army, Dozens of corporations, clubs, organizations, associations, small businesses, community groups, schools, tournaments etc. and this kind of idiocy only comes up with politics and what's worse is that we buy into it. We think that there can be compromise and negotiations and solutions in every area of life, except when it comes to the right vs left in our government. Why is it that you guys are so brainwashed? LOL

I would say that religion and politics are the easiest topics to comment on that lead to heated exchanges. With everything else usually at least SOME common ground can be agreed upon but these two topics all too often lead to situations that the people involved feel leave no room for compromise. When no room is left for compromise then that is when discord will happen violent or otherwise. I usually try and not discuss such topics with people I know personally when opinions differ because that seldom ends well....

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: SBMcG
Anyone watching this PHENOMENAL press conference with the "managers" of the House baseball teams?

I think things are about to calm down quite a bit in DC for a while...

Call me cynical, but I thought that 9/11 would calm things down too. That lasted for maybe about three weeks tops? If that.

Agreed. And what did stick wasn't a change for the better.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I am.....someone needs to step up and make an attempt to restore some sanity regarding the way things currently stand. It's time to try and work together for the good of the country and stop the divide. Time will tell how this all pans out, but one can hope for some sanity to return anyways.

Yeah. Why is it that in every other situation on earth people of all works will work together except politics?

I've worked with Liberals/Conservatives/Libertarians/Greenies/Communists/Christians/Catholics/Scientologists/Athiest etc etc in the Army, Dozens of corporations, clubs, organizations, associations, small businesses, community groups, schools, tournaments etc. and this kind of idiocy only comes up with politics and what's worse is that we buy into it. We think that there can be compromise and negotiations and solutions in every area of life, except when it comes to the right vs left in our government. Why is it that you guys are so brainwashed? LOL

I would say that religion and politics are the easiest topics to comment on that lead to heated exchanges. With everything else usually at least SOME common ground can be agreed upon but these two topics all too often lead to situations that the people involved feel leave no room for compromise. When no room is left for compromise then that is when discord will happen violent or otherwise. I usually try and not discuss such topics with people I know personally when opinions differ because that seldom ends well....

I agree. This seems fairly obvious to me. Politics is politics, but for most people their politics is influenced by their worldview. For example, pro-lifers believe abortion is murder. Pro-choice believe pro-lifers are trying to strip women of their rights. Both sides demonize the other. How is that not gonna get heated?

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join