It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN WANTS A WAR - International or Civil - CNN is a Terrorist Threat to the U.S.A..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
It is amazing seeing all the "free thinkers" getting so pulled into the Trump narrative. But I guess it cant be to surprising really.

As opposed to the subjugated left ? Held imprisoned mentally by the lies...
Call me a Free thinking Trump Supporter then

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It is joined by TheBlazeTV, NewsmaxTV and The One America News Network. Fox news is joined also by a host of other Murdoch owned press and media organisations, including some of the most widely read print news publications in America
I did not know this ...I am glad to hear that many people are not just listening to one side of the story .One thing is for sure ...they all can't be wrong or right so checking helps clear the air ...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Actual example?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I think Americans should stop watching these major networks and start watching only their local news and try to fix their local societies. All these national news networks seem to do nothing but twist the truth most times, blowing anything up to get followers. They are not doing anything for the people, they are doing it for their ratings.

Politicians also are doing things for the wrong reason. They want future voters, they will do things that they feel are not right just to gain prestige or to satisfy their party.. Not all politicians are bad, but half of them are.

War would give the networks extra ratings, it would boost the advertisement sales of the networks if everyone was watching it. All this controversy by these major networks boosts their advertising income. They will keep spewing misinterpreted crap if they keep making more money from doing so. It is all about money and ratings, they are not for the people.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Actual example?
Of what ?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

And there is more than this going on as well you know. In fact, looking into Fox as a brand (all of which is either owned or majority share held by Rupert Murdoch, who claims to be libertarian despite being heavily biased toward Bush and friends during his administration, and one presumes, similarly attuned to Trump), you can see that right biased media is a biiiiiig deal, one might even say, huge.

There is a list of Fox affiliate stations and so on here...

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a list of the corporate divisions and subsidiaries of Fox Entertainment Group...

en.wikipedia.org...

A list of assets of NewsCorp

en.wikipedia.org...

I highly doubt that this is a full list of all Murdoch owned or share held companies involved in the manufacture of news media, but even these lists ought to highlight precisely how wide the reach of the Murdoch press is. Between the print media and the number of stations either run or affiliated with Fox, you can see that the right wing has enormous reach in America, and indeed around the world. It is really worth familiarising yourself with the details I have provided here, because I think they lay out the sheer banality of the argument against fake news and controlled media, very, very well.
edit on 3-3-2017 by TrueBrit because: grammatical error corrected.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You might want to check out that 21st century wire piece I linked to up thread . The CIA document would put any and all MSM in that position ...I don't watch FOX or any of the others anymore .I just happen to come across some of their stuff talked about but it is usually just confirming that they all fall into the Fake News meme imo .

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

What's up with everyone bringing up the past like this?

I was a damn stupid teen eight years ago, I have changed, times have changed, priorities have changed. People wake up to something and are called out for not waking up sooner?

I've heard or read that Obama deported a huge amount of illegals, that a large amount of presidents have placed traveling bans on Muslims - including Democrats, that Obama may have raided medical marijuana facilities - I am at work and don't actually have time to verify these, but these are examples of what I've seen in other threads. People have a stance now that they didn't used to have, and with that comes the disapproval of what the current administration is doing.

Now, I do admit that if the op does not claim that Fox news was bad in the past, and still is another crap slinging media station, they simply have a biased opinion of their own and is no better than those they are calling out.

But on the other hand I think it's a good thing if more and more people realize that the media is really against us - and I hope their political leanings don't influence them to believe fox or the blaze is any better than CNN or msnbc... They are all bad. All against the people.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Additionally, right wing talk radio pretty much dominates the talk radio market, not to mention how hugely popular it is and how many listeners it has over the entire country. It is also quite different from television, in that radio "comes to you" over the airwaves in a way different than TV, which one must "seek out" (hot vs cool media). Considering the amount of (predominantly conservative) people all across (rural and otherwise) America who spend their time in cars and trucks, the market is saturated with these right wing views, which also help shape the opinions of small town/rust belt/average Joe the Plumber types.

That is something that many people do not take into account or fail to acknowledge when they falsely talk about the "liberal agenda."

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Thanks for further diluting the definition of the word "terrorist" into meaninglessness.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I haven't watched CNN since 2001, so I guess I haven't been exposed to the continuing mental pollution. Actually, I haven't watched msnbc, ABC, cbs, nbc, cbc, ctv, etc., damn near any mainstream news source since 2007. I don't see the point, they just piss you off with direct lies and lies of omission and it's not like you can crawl through the TV and bitch slap them into shutting their pie-holes. Since I don't consider myself a masochist, I refrain from watching garbage that will only piss me off.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/3.2017 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/3.2017 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Taken off of dictionary website.

One good definition of terrorism is

Terrorism - the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization

Terrorize - create and maintain a state of extreme fear and distress in (someone); fill with terror.

The media absolutely is guilty of this, by the exact definition of the word terrorism.

Islamaphobia, for instance - I blame it on the media.

Do they not fill people with extreme fear of Muslims?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Lol. SUUUURE. Just keep reaching at straws. That way no one will take terrorism accusations seriously anymore. I'm not taking you seriously for one.

PS: I hope you realize that I could easily use your flimsy reasoning to label Donald Trump a terrorist.
edit on 3-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What do you disagree with, exactly?

The definitions of terrorism that I did not alter in any way?

Or do you disagree that the media is the cause of islamaphobia?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

I disagree with labeling the media "terrorism" because they disagree with your political views and then when you do, you go try to find evidence to support your biased conclusion.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

newsone.com...

Just like this Fox news story...but I swear the Dems put a lot of pressure on the reporter and network to force this reporter to apologize. My gut tells me thought that the reporter was right.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I see the point the OP is making. Comparing fox news from the past 8 years to CNN now is fair in many senses, BUT...

The implications behind what CNN is doing now are more dangerous than what Fox was doing then. Why? Because we're not talking about invading defenseless Iraq now, we're talking about picking a fight with Russia.

Not only does Russia actually have a military ( unlike the middle eastern nations that we habitually stomp out ) and they're part of the BRICS alliance.

I can't stress how important the latter statement is. The nations that comprise BRICS make up about half of the world's population and starting trouble with them can easily set off major consequences.

That's the difference.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
With the rapid fire lies dimwit keeps telling you really cannot blame CNN or any other media outlet gets things wrong every now and then. It would most likely cost them their operating budget to hire enough fact checkers to get everything right.

Getting something wrong on accident "some of the time" is completely different than intentionally.... Oh just nm..

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
... and where did you pick up the GIVEN that all media is biased.

I mean, that doesn't sound like a conclusion you came to on your own, but rather, something that you're repeating.

Media is a business, and like all business, they do what they do to maximize profitability.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
As a Trump supporter, I feel CNN has the right to say whatever they want. I agree they push a very divisive message and is borderline dangerous to any Trump supporters since they like to paint us all as racists. We've already seen what this message does as well. 1 mentally disabled kid was kidnapped and tortured live on Facebook, an old man dragged out of his car and beaten, then all the random vicious attacks on random white males leaving rallies and such. All because of being a Trump supporter and sometimes it's just because they're white.

You also have the "white privilege" thing going around. When really it's all class privilege. It has nothing to do with being white. I grew up poor, both parents on drugs, public schools, etc. While some of us did well for ourselves and have since made a good life for our families, most didn't. The one thing that didn't matter was your color. It was all about your initiative and not getting sucked into gangs, drugs, and the lawlessness that happens in these poverty ridden neighborhoods.

Can you show a report or editorial or special or whatever ... that is painting you as a racist from CNN?

Because I really have no idea what you mean when you (or other folks) make these claims.

Thank you if so.

I'm currently boycotting CNN and will not watch their programs or click on their sites. Just google white lash, white privilege, racist Trump supporters. I'm sure you will find plenty for yourself.

I don't have to Google, I know precisely what you're referring to. "Whitelash" was an opinion expressed by commentator (infotainer) Van Jones. White privilege is a socio-economic term in use for decades, not only not created by CNN but not even used that often outside of, once again, opinion pieces. Racist Trump supporters? A hopelessly generic term that I will be willing to bet you $1000 you can't pull up from CNN as part of a news report claiming that it exists.

All I see is that you think your positions on the issues are the only ones, and your problem with CNN is a) you believe what others tell you about it and b) you believe that if CNN (or anyone else) doesn't agree with you it's "fake news."

Go for your boycott I say! That's the way the American system works. Capitalism! don't buy their product.

... but don't trample the Constitution or advocate for doing so on your way.
edit on 3-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noteed

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join